Disneyland the week of Thanksgiving

long4disney

Mouseketeer
We have never been to Disneyland, and go every year to WDW, so we were thinking about a trip to DL this November. I know that the crowds will be heavy from Thanksgiving day and that weekend, but has anyone traveled the weekend before Thanksgiving? We wanted to get in on the Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving and actually leave the day after Thanksgiving. We have a toddler with us so we don't think she would do well standing in long lines for each attraction. I was wondering if the schools in the area are still in session up until Thanksgiving day. My son is in middle school and he has the entire week of Thanksgiving off, so that's why we would like to come then.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, is there any great places to book a Thanksgiving day meal?

The week before is not so bad. It gets more crowded as the week goes on. Thanksgiving Day is pretty heavy crowd wise.

GrumpyCAdad,

Thanks for the reply about Thanksgiving. I saw on your post that you have visited in Nov. before, and stayed at the Grand Californian. That is where we are planning to stay. Any suggestions? Also is it best to visit the parks the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving, or the Sat. and Sunday before?
Which ever is least crowded.

First off, the hotel is beautiful! Last time we stayed there we went all out and got the concierge service, which I recommend. It gies you access to a room that has free DVD rentals and free breakfast and snacks all day and evening. We will be there in less than 2 weeks for 4 days and my kids can't wait!

As for visiting the park, I'd go on the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving. It seemed less crowded at DL. If the crowds get to be too heavy in the afternoon, go on over to CA. The crowds there are smaller. Make sure you ride Soaring over California, California Screamin', and Tower of Terror. And don't forget to get a good spot picked out for the electrical parade...that's my son's favorite!

GrumpyCAdad,

Thanks for the great info! I will look into the concierge service. You didn't mention if you had any ideas for dining on actual Thanksgiving day? Have you been there for Thanksgiving? I didn't know if any of the hotels have any special meals planned.

Thanks!!!

We always leave the day before, so we have never been to DL on Thanksgiving Day. I am sure Storyteller's and a few other places have good dinners that day. Like I did for WDW this last November, I called and asked around for some good dinner sopts. We ended up eating at the Crystal Palace, and we all have a great dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter