Disneyland Trivia

iceskatejen

<font color=0000CC>I did it 4 times during my trip
This was inspired by a poster saying she (assuming it was a she) watches the Day at Disneyland video at least once a month in the You know you're a Disneyland freak if... thread.

Which cast member featured in the Day at Disneyland video (this is the early-1990s one--pre Indy) can still be seen at Disneyland today (there may be more than one, but this one I know still works there 5 days a week)? This is one of my very favorite CMs and I know there's been a picture or two of this person here on the DIS.

I believe the video ti-dubl-ga- ur is refering to was made back in the late 60s, early -mid 70s(i think).I remember renting it(cough)(mumble) over 25yrs ago. It's possible (But doubtful) any of those CMs are still with the Park.(i hope i'm wrong).HEY,you never know. :confused3

I think certain castmembers would still be there. The silhouette artist told me she has been there 32 years. I forgot her name. I know her job is a specialty. I had her do the fab 5 in silhouette....gold on black. That was the first time she had done this. She made a Xerox of it so she could doi it again

I'm not sure who is in the video- But I do know, Oscar, the cook/ chef at the Carnation cafe has been an employee for about 50 years. He was one of the first, started not long after the park opened. I know he's retiring soon, or may have in the last year or so.

This one was made in the early 90s (Splash Mountain is on it, Indy is not) and is far better done than anything Disney has put out since. Here's some hints--he's an entertainer.

Mary Jo said:
My first thought is Rod Miller - but is he still playing @ Disneyland?

No, his retirement was recently announced. He went on medical leave for his back last year. He was never able to return.

Yeah, Rod's gone (he is on the video though). But I know you've taken some pictures of this particular person, Mary Jo.

ok I have that video... I cant remember her name, and Im not getting up to put the video in because im too lazy and its 102º here but is it the lady from the candy palace? :rolleyes1

ok ok so i got up and put the video in...is it Dottie?

:scratchin Hmmmm....

I've got a couple in mind...

One entertains inside & used to dance, and one entertains outside near the entrance to Frontierland.

hmmmmmm

Disneegrl4eva, it's a man, so, not Dottie.

Mary Jo, you're on track with that second guess.

Ahhhh.

Here you go then.

11450IMG_7636-med.JPG

That's him! Farley the Fiddler. On the video he's in a different costume, playing "Turkey in the Straw." If you're at DL on a Thursday-Monday, go say "hi" and let him play for you and tell you a few jokes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter