Disneyland withdrawl?

I don't want a 12-step program!!! I'm perfectly happy with my addiction!!!! I don't want to be weaned!!!!!

The only cure I know of for the weepy depressed homesickness is to have another trip in the works!!! Start planning, and you'll feel better right away!!! :cloud9:

disneymom8589 said:
Another thing that gets me through the Disney withdrawals is listening to the 6 CD set "50th Anniversary - A Musical History of Disneyland". There's nothing like reliving a DL attraction when you're away!! :cloud9:

Disneymom, I've got that set, too! My husband has set my alarm so that the theme from Fantasmic! wakes me up in the morning. Don't know if that's a good thing, though, because the first thing I realize when I wake up is that I'm NOT in DL.

disneymom8589 said:
Another thing that gets me through the Disney withdrawals is listening to the 6 CD set "50th Anniversary - A Musical History of Disneyland". There's nothing like reliving a DL attraction when you're away!! :cloud9:
We got this set, too! We had it shipped home, and it just arrived, WOOHOO!

mom2dzb said:
Disneymom, I've got that set, too! My husband has set my alarm so that the theme from Fantasmic! wakes me up in the morning. Don't know if that's a good thing, though, because the first thing I realize when I wake up is that I'm NOT in DL.
Hmmm, I might have to choose a tune for DH to set to my alarm, that sounds nice. :sunny:

Mom2dzb and Alex2kMommy, Isn't that CD collection the best!! :banana: I highly recommend it to anyone who goes through regular DL withdrawals! :thumbsup2

BTW, hello Western Washington neighbor, Alex2kMommy! :wave2:

What can I say!!! I'm laughing but at the same time I'm feeling for ya'!! I have a trip this week and the funny thing is I anticipate I'll be depressed when the time comes that I have to leave....and we're going for only 1 day! I was lucky enough to win park-hopper tickets on the radio ( and lucky to live in San Diego!!!) :banana: But really I guess the only way to not lose it is to a plan another trip and start counting the "days left". Good luck!! and yes, I start the "water works" on commercials too :guilty:

I get it all the time. Mainly because when I'm there I feel like I'm completely seperated from reality and can forget about all the negative garbage I have to deal with everyday. DL good, reality bad...

I'm really looking forward to the next trip now because my fiance is a major Disney freak and has never been to any Disney park, so I'll get to "relive" my first time there through her when we go.

I returned from my first trip to Disneyland almost a month ago (I'm a WDW veteran) and I'm hooked. I loved it! Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland and all the wonderful things I experienced. I recently watched my Disneyland Platinum DVD to see the live opening in 1955. It made me even more sentimental. I really liked California and hope to go back soon.

Where can I get the 6 CD set? Do I have to call DeliverEars? (sorry off topic)

gnbuggy said:
Where can I get the 6 CD set? Do I have to call DeliverEars? (sorry off topic)
Since so much of the stuff in the parks is exclusive, that would be my guess. There are a couple websites that sell park-exclusive stuff for higher prices, so it might be there as well, not sure.

Alex2kMommy said:
It's currently selling on Amazon for $89.99, $10 less than we paid in DL (not including shipping.)
I think I will go order it. What kind of songs are on it?

gnbuggy said:
I think I will go order it. What kind of songs are on it?
They're listed on the Amazon webpage. I'm afraid since this was my first trip to DL, I'm not familiar enough with the music to know the song title and what it sounds like or where it's from (though I can probably get a pretty good shot at the obvious ones!)

But it's supposed to include: Walt's park opening day speech, music from the original rides, music from parades and other rides, and music from park performers! It's quite an extensive compilation.

We also considered getting another set of CDs containing music from various Disney movies, but wanted a memento of our first trip to DL. :goodvibes

OregonDisneyFanatic said:
Do you have an extra 90.00 to spend on that???? :lmao:
My DFIL has been a student of various sales methodologies throughout his lifetime, and he admiringly told us that Disney is the best at getting you to pay exhorbitant prices for their merchandise and smile while you're doing it! (Too true!) :lmao:

Alex2kMommy said:
My DFIL has been a student of various sales methodologies throughout his lifetime, and he admiringly told us that Disney is the best at getting you to pay exhorbitant prices for their merchandise and smile while you're doing it! (Too true!) :lmao:

Sorry, I was addressing this to Gnbuggy! since she is my SIL. :lmao: I edited my post. I would never tell "others" not to spend money on something :)

OregonDisneyFanatic said:
Collee,Do you have an extra 90.00 to spend on that???? :lmao:
Tink needs to come out and visit. :rolleyes: I think it would be cool. Im always looking for new ways to irritate Bradly.

Alex2kMommy said:
They're listed on the Amazon webpage. I'm afraid since this was my first trip to DL, I'm not familiar enough with the music to know the song title and what it sounds like or where it's from (though I can probably get a pretty good shot at the obvious ones!)

But it's supposed to include: Walt's park opening day speech, music from the original rides, music from parades and other rides, and music from park performers! It's quite an extensive compilation.

We also considered getting another set of CDs containing music from various Disney movies, but wanted a memento of our first trip to DL. :goodvibes
If its that extensive I probably would not know the songs anyway. My DSS(12) and I love to listen to the CDs I already have. DH cant stand it. :sad2:

gnbuggy said:
Tink needs to come out and visit. :rolleyes: I think it would be cool. Im always looking for new ways to irritate Bradly.

Hummm okay you should buy it if it will irritate Mr. Bradley! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter