• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland's Splash Mountain finally has a closing date set for the end of May

JerrodDragon89

DIS Veteran
RIP, I hope the next version of the ride is just as magical

• A brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics® figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • The alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party in the attraction queue
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia, and Prince Ralphie
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Disney Legend Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana

https://d23.com/8-new-facts-about-tianas-bayou-adventure/
https://www.micechat.com/262305-bre...ntain-to-become-princess-and-the-frog-themed/

I'm sure the new attraction will be awesome. I love P&tF. The music and colors were fantastic.

That said, how can you have a Disney park without Zip-a-dee-doo-dah ringing out on one of the rides? For me, that's impossible.

Further, taking out Splash Mountain as summer begins is one of the DUMBEST management blunders I've ever seen. But it fall right into line with other dumb ideas like Genie+, no Paint the Night or day parade for years, and charging for F! sitting areas.

I'm sure the new attraction will be awesome. I love P&tF. The music and colors were fantastic.

That said, how can you have a Disney park without Zip-a-dee-doo-dah ringing out on one of the rides? For me, that's impossible.

Further, taking out Splash Mountain as summer begins is one of the DUMBEST management blunders I've ever seen. But it fall right into line with other dumb ideas like Genie+, no Paint the Night or day parade for years, and charging for F! sitting areas.
Damn that's some hater vibe. You don't need to hate on everything in a single post.

Oooohhhh, this is good news because I just assumed it would be closed by the time we arrived on May 17th. Now if they’d just open the Matterhorn back up by then I’ll be happy, happy, happy!

The ride has been in an embarrassing state for quite some time now in terms of maintenance. So many animatronics not working and poorly lit show scenes. Shame that it can’t go out on top, but I’ll always have fond memories, and I can’t wait for the new attraction.

I am curious how construction will impact the Critter Country area. Will we still see Santa, Pooh, and other meet and greets back there? I assume some of the shops will also close to transform to Princess and the Frog too.

I have a love for Splash and that song in particular as well.

I disagree about the closing timing being a blunder though. They are using (supposedly) the same crew as the one working on WDW's Splash retheme, so there was a balancing act there. PLUS, this is a very long closure. It was always going to be closed over those warm months anyway no matter when they closed it because the retheme is taking place over a 12 month plus time period.

I'm glad it will be open until the end of May, we'll be able to ride it one last time. Curious to see how the new version comes out! I'd like it if they could have Zip-a-dee-doo-dah somewhere in the ride, even a little piece of it. I wonder if they'll leave any little nods to Splash, like how you can see the moose, deer and bison from Country Bear Jamboree in the Winnie The Pooh ride.

I don't really expect lot's of changes to the area itself, they changed the design enough that it doesn't scream "bayou" anymore. I do hope that they at least leave a couple nods towards the original for those that will miss it.

I am curious how construction will impact the Critter Country area. Will we still see Santa, Pooh, and other meet and greets back there? I assume some of the shops will also close to transform to Princess and the Frog too.

I only remember the Winnie the Pooh store, and then a little koisk selling Splash merch. If the Pooh ride is open, they will probably keep the store open. Since there is some distance between the Pooh meet and greet and Splash, I hope they can keep the Pooh meet and greet running.

Really happy that we’ll get to ride SM when we are there the last week of May! Will be the kiddo’s first time at DL and was really hoping we’d still be able to catch so they’ll get at least one experience on it.

We arrive on May 30th for our Disneyland trip. Splash Mountain is my sister's favorite ride, so riding it is a must. I wonder how long the lines will be. I just know that I'm going to set a new personal record for waiting in line. I'm thinking of trying to arrive a day earlier, but I really didn't want to fly on Memorial Day.

I'd argue to get Genie+ and use it for that but you're still looking at a super long wait regardless. It will be a circus.

We're getting Genie+ but we won't arrive until after noon, so I'm assuming that all the passes for Splash will be gone by then. That's why arriving a day early would make a big difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter