Disney's 5th Millionaire! ME!!!!!

jonathansullivan

DIS + IOA Veteran
Hi Everyone!

After 65 shows and 7 times in the Hotseat, I AM A MILLION-POINT-AIRE! I'll appologize now to the moderators, I am posting this in all the places where we have discussed Millionaire.

I still can't believe it! If any of you were in the 4:15 show today (May 13th MOTHERS DAY), I would love to hear from you!

The winning question was what lady came up with the idea of "Mother's Day".

I used my life lines on (50:50 - 250,000) (Ask the Audience - 500,000) & (Phone a stranger - 1 Mill)

I won a trip for 2 to New York City for a taping of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, a Leather Jacket, Medallion, 14 Pins, Hat, Polo Shirt, & CD-ROM.

For those of you that haven't been to the attraction in MGM Studios, you need to go!

I appologize for not being more specific, but I am still in shock!

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT MILLIONAIRE?

Disney really has added pixie dust to this attraction!

Jonathan Sullivan

Congratulations.......don't keep us in suspense.

What's the answer to the Million Point Question??? :earseek:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I know how much you wanted this. No need to apologize for posting on all of the boards, we're very happy for you!

Now tell us, who the heck started Mother's Day???

You can't leave us in suspense like this.

I took a guess on the answer. I narrowed it down to Elizabeth Cady Stanton & ____ ( I have forgotten it!) I thought it was Howe or something.

Upon looking it up, I found this:

Anna M. Jarvis (1864-1948) is credited with originating our Mother's Day holiday. She never married and was extremely attached to her mother, Mrs. Anna Reese Jarvis. Mrs. Jarvis was a minister's daughter who for 20 years taught Sunday School in the Andrews Methodist Church of Grafton, West Virginia. Miss Jarvis graduated from the Female Seminary in Wheeling, West Virginia, and taught in Grafton before moving to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with the rest of her family.

I will ask my friends who were there what the answer was...sorry to hold you guys in suspense!

Congratulations!!! It sounds like it was so exciting!!! we are going in July and I can't wait to play!!!!

Leslie

MousBnce.gif
MousBnce.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!
MousBnce.gif
MousBnce.gif

Out of curiosity did the stranger know the correct answer?

Jonathan...We were there in late April/early May. We were at a show where a young man went to 500,000 points and called it quits. The big question, which he chose not to answer, pertained to boxing. He was tall, with sandy hair and wore glasses and looked young (20 or so). Was this you? The CMs were talking about this young man having been in the seat several times. I'd love to put a face to your posts.
By the way, I got into the "hot seat" also, but got knocked out at 32,000 points. The game's a blast!! Congratulations!!

How cool is that!!

My brother and his family were in the audience when you won! He called me last night to tell me what a great time he had there and all about your win! Everyone was (and is) very happy for you! He can't wait to go back to play it again, and I can't wait to go play it for the first time! It sounds like great fun! Congratulations!!

Jonathan....that is super coolllll. Congratulations... I can't wait to try again this weekend.

Congratulations! That is fantastic! I know how exciting it is to be in that hot seat. I walked from my 250,000 point question. Look forward to trying again sometime. I have a set of pins to complete.

Back by popular demand!

Hey guys, Thank You SOOOO Much for all the congrats!

Everyone has been interested in the exact questions, and thanks to friends who have emailed, I have the 500k and Million Point Questions. If any of you were there, or know someone who was there, I would love to hear from you. I would especially love it if you would just write a little overview of what happened. I was in to much shock to absorb anything, and they did not tape the show. I would love to hear your thought, and any questions you remember.

The 500,000 Point Question was something like:

What famous fashion designer was credited with popularizing the little black dress? (Coco Chanel)

The Million Point Question was:

Who is credited with having the idea for Mother's Day (Julie Ward Howe)

From all indications they are booking a trip for the first millionaires in early June. Mike, looks like I'll be meeting you!

Everyone asks what my first emotion was, so here goes the 10 sec synopsis. I answered the 500,000 point question and the audience what getting LOUDER AND LOUDER! (and it was getting darker and darker) Jim, the host, mentioned how exciting it was and he had never had a millionaire on his show. I asked if he had ever got to ask a million point question, he said no and he was getting nervous too! The audience went NUTS! He then called for complete silence. He then asked the question. I had no clue, but heard the audience begin to click as they entered their answer. I began to think about how I would not be allowed in the hotseat again for a year, and wondering if I should walk away. The 55 secs was winding down and Jim was begging me to talk it out or use the life line. The audience was begging me to use the life line. To buy more time in deciding whether or not to answer I called a stranger. The call went out to Mickey Avenue and I read the question. I was shaking and my voice reflected it. The stranger didn't know, and time ran out. Appearantly they did give me the correct answer after we had been disconnected. They thought they had given me the million point answer. I continued to debate walking away and saving NY for another day. I told the audience that I was split between 2 answers. Something kept telling me it was D - Julie Howe, but Elizabeth Cady Stanton had originally looked good. The air was charged and no one said a word, breathed, moaned, or anything. I finally decided to answer with 85% certainty D. Jim was very kind and didn't try to trick me or suspend the moment (I think I already had)...HE YELLED "PACK YOUR BAGS!" and everything WENT NUTS! People screamed, jumped up and cheared. My friends flew out on stage for hugs and High 5s. But the first thought was, its over. 1 month of my life is over! After 7 short visits to the Hotseat... I shook for 2 hours and walked around like a Zombee.

I have now fully read the official rules, waivers, and forms. I have not seen that as an official rule. So maybe its not true! I will not be nearly as obsessed as I was, and would have no problem walking away prior to the Million Point Question. We shall see. If not, I guarentee you will see me there next mother's day w/ Mommy this time Playing WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE!

From other times in the hotseat, I have 1 - 32k complete set and 2 - 1k complete set of pins & prizes which I have been trading or selling to Disney Cast Members or other ineligible folks. Visit the Collector Board for more info.

If you have questions about the show, I am more than glad to answer. But please lets keep this conversation in this thread. PM's and emails are cool too!

Jonathan

congradulations!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
I am a millionare fan and will be visitng the studio in OCT. I hope I am as successful as you were. ;) :earseek:

I knew you would do it. It was great meeting you last Friday. You had such determination and enjoyment on your face when we talked about the millionaire game.
Congrats again and hopefully we can join you in that hot seat.
Pete

...Can you just spend your whole day going in & out of the shows....out , then back inline for the next & so on & so on....I mean I would put my KARMA to use & try this one whole day I'd love a trip to NY for millionare....(OK my wife would like the trip.....)...I may have to get my annual pass back now.......CONGRADS......you may have inspired me...guess I'll go try it first. :jester:

Hey "Daddy"- I did just that in April...I went to a WWTBAM play it" show early, but before I got in the stand-by line, I got a FP for the show "after that"...did it all day...got in the hot seat but messed up and fell back to 32K...had a super time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter