Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

so excited ...we got our AP magic bands today in the Mail...YUP I am sooooo ready...your photos were great and got me in the mood

All Star Movies is the only value that I haven't stayed at. We wouldn't be staying in a preferred room; however, not in love with Mighty Ducks or Herbie themes. We wouldn't be able to stay in the other buildings in a standard room, correct? Is it worth the extra $10 per night to stay at Movies vs Sports or Music?

All Star Movies is the only value that I haven't stayed at. We wouldn't be staying in a preferred room; however, not in love with Mighty Ducks or Herbie themes. We wouldn't be able to stay in the other buildings in a standard room, correct? Is it worth the extra $10 per night to stay at Movies vs Sports or Music?
You may get some pixie dust and be assigned a room in a preferred location even if you book a standard, but no way to know if that really will happen so you have to be ok with Herbie and MD.
The good thing about MD us that you are closer to the bus stop for ASMusic.
I personally never pay more for a "theme"so if one of the other All Stars is cheaper i just book there.

If you did want to stay at Movies, I agree with the above that Mighty Ducks is a great location because you have access to both Music and Movies -- you're actually closer to the buses for Music than you are for Movies.

If you did want to stay at Movies, I agree with the above that Mighty Ducks is a great location because you have access to both Music and Movies -- you're actually closer to the buses for Music than you are for Movies.

Definitely!:)

Ducks is literally 2-3 minutes from Music!

Looking back at Ducks after crossing the "Movies/Music Way"(my name for it:)).
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Looking back at crosswalk for Movies/Music Way
19736293563_f595fb11d4_z.jpg

Turning and looking down the sidewalk to Music(all 3 pictures taken from the same spot)

I have read that each of the all stars have their own buses but then I read that they all share a bus and All star Movie where we are currently booked for is the last stop. can any one clarify this for me. Thank you

I have read that each of the all stars have their own buses but then I read that they all share a bus and All star Movie where we are currently booked for is the last stop. can any one clarify this for me. Thank you

They sometimes share. But the vast majority of the time they each have their own. We have had a total of about 30 nights across all 3 All Stars and shared a bus a total of 4 times. All 4 were during the middle of the day with maybe 6 other people on the bus.

we are at the 54 day out ...when do I call for requests...we already have a preferred room but would like first floor.. or pool front...any help would be appreciated

we are at the 54 day out ...when do I call for requests...we already have a preferred room but would like first floor.. or pool front...any help would be appreciated

You can call and add room requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days out.

They do share some-usually at "non-peak" times.

I have 240 nights at the All-Stars so definitely it's not a "dealbreaker" for me!:)

I LOVE Disney's All-Star Resort

Movies is the last stop when all 3 Resorts are sharing(Sports----Music----Movies)

Here is some info as to the frequency of "sharing" at Disney's All-Star Resort you may find helpful.:)

I kept a "log" during one of my trips to All-Star Sports.

(Times are actual "Travel Times"-they don't include "waiting for the bus times").

It takes the Buses about 2 minutes to travel from Sports to Music and about 2 minutes from Music to Movies

I also did some Park Hopping:
Monorail from TTC to Epcot----9 minutes.
Monorail from Epcot to TTC----7 minutes.
Express Monorail----4 minutes
Friendship between Epcot and DHD----20-30 minutes(We actually did make it in 20 minutes one day!)

Saturday April 18-
Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
(Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
(BOG Breakfast!)
Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share

Time to board THE SAD BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)

Last edited:
You can call and add room requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days out.
so some one stated that you can usually ask for one request..so which is more likely a first floor room or pool view..in a preferred bld

so some one stated that you can usually ask for one request..so which is more likely a first floor room or pool view..in a preferred bld

If you call, you can add as many room requests as you like. However, the more you ask for the less likely it is that you get them all. So it's best to list them in order of preference. It's impossible to say which one is more likely as it is 100% dependent on occupancy and how many other guests request the same thing as you.

They do share some-usually at "non-peak" times.

I have 240 nights at the All-Stars so definitely it's not a "dealbreaker" for me!:)

I LOVE Disney's All-Star Resort

Movies is the last stop when all 3 Resorts are sharing(Sports----Music----Movies)

Here is some info as to the frequency of "sharing" at Disney's All-Star Resort you may find helpful.:)

I kept a "log" during one of my trips to All-Star Sports.

(Times are actual "Travel Times"-they don't include "waiting for the bus times").

It takes the Buses about 2 minutes to travel from Sports to Music and about 2 minutes from Music to Movies

I also did some Park Hopping:
Monorail from TTC to Epcot----9 minutes.
Monorail from Epcot to TTC----7 minutes.
Express Monorail----4 minutes
Friendship between Epcot and DHD----20-30 minutes(We actually did make it in 20 minutes one day!)

Saturday April 18-
Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
(Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
(BOG Breakfast!)
Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share

Time to board THE SAD BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)
Wow, thank you so much for this detail!!!

Does Movies have tables and chairs to eat just outside the food court like they have at Sports? Really enjoyed having breakfast outside some days.

2 months from TODAY I check in!!!!!! So excited. I've never stayed at the Movies, only Pop. Century and CSR. Solo trip for a much needed week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter