Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at Pop Century on our last trip and really liked the vibe, the foodcourt and the rooms.

I know AsMo rooms now have the same layout as Pop. We are not sure that the price difference for getting the Skyliner is worth it to us.

Besides that advantage, how do people who have done both Pop and AsMo compare them?

We have stayed at both & I love Movies!

I picture the 3 All Stars (put together) as basically the same size as Pop - and they each have their own food court & bus lines etc. Pop can feel very crowded & overwhelming at times.

I prefer the food court choices at Movies as well.

I adore the theming at Movies!! It’s just so Disney!

I’ve never stayed at pop, but would also like to point out that if you get the ducks section it’s like preferred for going to music. There is also a pool right there. It wasn’t that far of a walk at all to the main movies food court/buses but it was much easier to just walk to the music buses. We didn’t use the buses very early in the morning but had no issues any time we used them (including park closing).

We stayed at Pop Century on our last trip and really liked the vibe, the foodcourt and the rooms.

I know AsMo rooms now have the same layout as Pop. We are not sure that the price difference for getting the Skyliner is worth it to us.

Besides that advantage, how do people who have done both Pop and AsMo compare them?
We prefer Pop over Movies. Movies was nice but midday buses were shared with the other All Star resorts which we did not care for. We were in the Mighty Ducks section which was very close to Music bus stop. The Mighty Ducks theming is very lame though. The rooms are similar but Pop felt nicer for some reason. Pop food court is bigger and brighter. There were lots of groups there for cheer or other events. That was something I wasn't expecting. The vibe at Pop is fun and lively. We would stay at Movies again if we had no other options but Pop for us feels more like a vacation and a touch more like a moderate.

What’s the easiest way to get to the Poly from Movies for a 10am Ohana breakfast?

We are going to Epcot after breakfast & I wasn’t sure if it was just as easy to take the monorail to the Poly from Epcot or if I should take the MK bus and then the monorail to the Poly?

What’s the easiest way to get to the Poly from Movies for a 10am Ohana breakfast?

We are going to Epcot after breakfast & I wasn’t sure if it was just as easy to take the monorail to the Poly from Epcot or if I should take the MK bus and then the monorail to the Poly?
I think taking the bus to MK would be better. If you go to Epcot, you'd have to take the monorail to the TTC and then get on the the resort monorail to Poly.

How far out can you book a room on the official web page for Movies? My sister and I are pondering a trip for next May but the room availability search calendar on the Movies website seems to only go up to December 2022. Thanks!

How far out can you book a room on the official web page for Movies? My sister and I are pondering a trip for next May but the room availability search calendar on the Movies website seems to only go up to December 2022. Thanks!
If you want room only, you could do it now but you would have to call Disney directly. If you want a room & tickets, packages for 2023 should be released sometime next month.

Can anyone tell me what kind of coffee creamer does World Premier have and is there strawberry jelly available for the waffles?

It’s been a long time since I last spent pool time at a Value - are they offering pool towels these days, or is it still BYO?

I am about to book a preferred room in Dec for DH, DD, and I. Is there a preferred section to ask for that will be easier for bus access? I saw that Ducks has quick access to the Music bus but I was told Duck is all standard rooms.

I am about to book a preferred room in Dec for DH, DD, and I. Is there a preferred section to ask for that will be easier for bus access? I saw that Ducks has quick access to the Music bus but I was told Duck is all standard rooms.
Fantasia would be the closest to the front area but any preferred section wouldn’t be far from the buses.

The rooms are exactly the same in Standard and Preferred. We have stayed in Fantasia, but did not enjoy the pool noise. (Early to bed with little one.) I liked Toy Story as preferred room. You can look on Touring Plans and put in a request for the buildings that are closest rather than the theme.

My sister tried to reserve a room for the second week of May 2023 at All Star Movies over the phone yesterday, but was told it wasn't available for those dates. So we're in Pop.

Why would ASM not be available for that week? Could it be completely booked up already, even before the rooms go online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter