Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

My understanding is that the refurbs on all buildings were slated to be done by the end of November of this year. I would just keep checking back here on the boards with people's updates that have been there recently. You can't rely on a CM on the reservations line to know what buildings are refurbed as they don't tend to have that information.

I do know they are going in numerical order. When we were there at the end of May beginning of June they we on buildling 3 (we stayed in the newly refurbed building 2). I have read posts since then that lead me to believe the project remains on time.

Anyone who's been there recently have an update as to what buildings are done and which one is being worked on now?

I just read the post above mine and if I'm reading the map correctly it would look like they are talking about building 8 which makes sense given the schedule. So that leaves buildings 9 and 10 (which are the 2 Toy Story Buildings) to be completed.

Next June 2012 we are visiting Orlando with activities Universal, Legoland & a few WDW parks. When we do visit WDW it is usually stay on-site & don't leave WDW. Next summer we wanted to add the other Orlando area parks. But we love the WDW resorts so much that we want a WDW resort to be base camp. If I can get a pin-code & great promotion rate I want to stay at ASMO. I have always wanted to stay there but like everyone else was waiting for a renovation on the resort. Our DS is 11 but we all love movies & he is still very easy-going but I want to stay there before it might become un-cool. So how our the recent opinions about ASMO & how is the summer season at this value. Any large school/sport groups during June? I will probably request preferred Fantastia (bldg 5) or Dalmations(Bldgs 1 or 4). How is the food selection at the food court?:wizard: If any one had a summer trip for 2011 I would love to hear about your experience at ASMO.

Not sure if it was posted yet, but we were back last weekend and stayed in Love Bug 7, that one was just finished!! Even had the del tags still on the mattress..... which was removed by the mousekeeper!

We did not get any of our requests, but really we didnt mind, enjoyed ourselves!

Not sure if it was posted yet, but we were back last weekend and stayed in Love Bug 7, that one was just finished!! Even had the del tags still on the mattress..... which was removed by the mousekeeper!

We did not get any of our requests, but really we didnt mind, enjoyed ourselves!

Yey!!!!! we are booked in standard rooms for october. It seems we´ll get a refurbed room for sure! Thank you for the update!!!!
:dance3::wizard::rotfl:

Just booked a one night stay for the Wine&Dine marathon. After this visit I will have stayed at all 3 all star resorts!

Us too! I just booked our three nights there. Very excited to finally stay here. :3dglasses Very glad that most of the rooms are refurbed ...

Just out of curiousity, what were your requests? We will be there this Sat.:banana: Do you have any advice or tips for us? Never been there but very excited!

We just got back from another great stay at pop. We booked bounceback for 14 nights for next year. I'm second guessing pop since they added the 5.00 charge per a night. I just feel like it is not a nessasary charge. I could upgrade to a preferred room at ASMO for around 10.00 a night if we stay there. Since I would be getting the 5.00 fee.

We stayed at the ASMO years ago and if we go back it would be a preferred room. Last time we were in Mighty Ducks and didn't care for it plus we were facing the pool. We have learned that now we stay clear of rooms facing the pools. LOL

So after all that my question is are there rooms in the preferred sections that are more quite than others? I was thinking of requestion dalamations if we do this.

Thanks

We just got back from another great stay at pop. We booked bounceback for 14 nights for next year. I'm second guessing pop since they added the 5.00 charge per a night. I just feel like it is not a nessasary charge. I could upgrade to a preferred room at ASMO for around 10.00 a night if we stay there. Since I would be getting the 5.00 fee.

We stayed at the ASMO years ago and if we go back it would be a preferred room. Last time we were in Mighty Ducks and didn't care for it plus we were facing the pool. We have learned that now we stay clear of rooms facing the pools. LOL

So after all that my question is are there rooms in the preferred sections that are more quite than others? I was thinking of requestion dalamations if we do this.

Thanks
What is the $5.00 charge?

POP is probably increasing its price next year due to its proximity to AOA's amenities.

I stayed at AS Movies for 1 night on Aug. 14. I really enjoyed it. We are big Pop fans, and I stil lprefer Pop over AS Movies, but we may give it a try next trip. I was NOT impresed with the buses at AS Movies though. I did not like the whole bus sharing thing. For that matter, I moved over to Yacht Club after ASMovies and their buses were horrid as well. I found Pop's buses to be superb compared to these 2 places.

I had a refurbed room in Fantasia (I beleive building 5) and it was very nice. And the grounds were very pretty. I wish I had more time to explore.

I'm confused the preferred room I thought that Fantasia is preferred! i hope that Asmo has the flat screen tv!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter