Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

A family member has 4 rooms booked at ASMo during the 2nd week in February. She just got a call from Disney that the resort is overbooked and they offered to move her to Port Orleans Riverside. Surprised they didn't try to move them to another value resort.

We’re going to this resort in May. Can anyone recommend the best standard rooms to request? Ideally looking for something a reasonable distance from the bus stop

We’re going to this resort in May. Can anyone recommend the best standard rooms to request? Ideally looking for something a reasonable distance from the bus stop
Really aren't any standard rooms a reasonable distance from the bus stop. Perhaps google all star music map and look at the buildings. If I had a standard room booked, think I'd try for Broadway and possibly cut through the parking lots to use the AS Movies bus stop. I'd avoid the Country Fair Bldg as at the very back. I stayed in Jazz some years ago but it has been changed to preferred. It was still half way back in the resort footprint. AS Music is a very narrow and deep layout. Walking is a reality with a standard room.

The best standard room that's close to the Music bus stop is one in the Mighty Ducks section at All-Star Movies. :-)

Kidding aside, the answer above about buildings 3 (Rock Inn) or 8 (Broadway Hotel) is as close as you can get with a standard room at Music.

Last week I stayed in roughly the middle of building 6 (the last building on the left) and the walk wasn't any worse than it would have been if I had waited for our requested room in building 8. Once you get to the roundabout it all felt just about the same distance. If anything, it reminded me that I should just start paying for preferred when it's available!

Any fairly recent experiences with grocery delivery? I’m wondering how the food lockers work. Do groceries go there or to bell services if you aren’t at the resort yet? Is there a charge for either? I’ve read conflicting info.

Just returned home from a week long stay at ASM in a family suite in the Jazz Inn building. Last summer, we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AOA and it was the very last one aaaaall the way at the rear of the resort, on the third floor, all the way at the end of the building, so we were looking forward to being in a room that was closer to the front of the building. It was our first time staying at ASM and we enjoyed it very much. The family suite was so nice, and I think it'll be hard to go back to a regular room now that we've had the convenience of a suite.

Some things I just recently saw asked.. (1) We didn't have a fabric steamer in our suite, and (2) no diffuser on our hair dryer, either. :)

We are currently in a handicap accessible suite now. It is very nice. While I loved the automatic door opener inside the door this morning I found out it isn’t so great. You have to use the door opener and it holds the door open a bit. I ran out to get a drink at the food court while my daughter was sleeping in the bed right by the door. So the door was stuck open a minute or so with the room and her sleeping face fully exposed. You cannot close the door manually. This is the perfect place for my two almost 90 yr old patients in the big bedroom with the roll in shower and is in the main part of the room with what I assume is a normal
Or close to normal bathroom.

Just returned home from a week long stay at ASM in a family suite in the Jazz Inn building. Last summer, we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AOA and it was the very last one aaaaall the way at the rear of the resort,
This was us last year too. That walk to Little Mermaid got longer and longer each day. We are doing a preferred room this time. I’ve requested a building closest to the lobby. Hopefully I will get my request.

Can anyone help - if we were to stay here for one night, could we park up at the resort at say 10am of check in day, leave our bags at guest services then head to the parks or can we only park up at check in (4pm)?

Also on check out day, can we spend again the day in the park and leave late in the evening or does our car have to be off the resort property by check out time?

Can anyone help - if we were to stay here for one night, could we park up at the resort at say 10am of check in day, leave our bags at guest services then head to the parks or can we only park up at check in (4pm)?

Also on check out day, can we spend again the day in the park and leave late in the evening or does our car have to be off the resort property by check out time?
You have full access to the resort for the entirety of your check-in and check-out days, including parking

Just returned home from a week long stay at ASM in a family suite in the Jazz Inn building. Last summer, we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AOA and it was the very last one aaaaall the way at the rear of the resort, on the third floor, all the way at the end of the building, so we were looking forward to being in a room that was closer to the front of the building. It was our first time staying at ASM and we enjoyed it very much. The family suite was so nice, and I think it'll be hard to go back to a regular room now that we've had the convenience of a suite.

Some things I just recently saw asked.. (1) We didn't have a fabric steamer in our suite, and (2) no diffuser on our hair dryer, either. :)
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Can you tell me what the pool hours were for both pools while you were there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter