Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
zebra trail was a good location. We were on two, which was a five minute walk to the lobby and a 5 minute walk to the pool and the Mara.
I have a pool view room booked, just hoping for 3rd floor on Zebra Trail. Going to get there around 10 am, so maybe that will help my chances.

We're going back, officially booked :)

December 8th (my bday) to Dec 15th. Jambo House, Club Level this time.

We're also doing Universal for our first time ever Dec 6th and 7th then moving to Disney on the 8th. Staying at the Hard Rock.
We loved the HR hotel when we did Universal on our last trip. "The Kitchen" restaurant was awesome even with accommodating our daughter's hard to work with food allergies....which is hard to find at Universal.

We loved the HR hotel when we did Universal on our last trip. "The Kitchen" restaurant was awesome even with accommodating our daughter's hard to work with food allergies....which is hard to find at Universal.
....you'll find that AKL really accommodates those with special dietary needs....

....you'll find that AKL really accommodates those with special dietary needs....
Oh Absolutely! Disney was amazing with her allergy....Universal not so much...except for our experience at HRH's The Kitchen.
As much as our kids loved the Harry Potter experience, we wanted to go back to our Disney bubble the first time we tried to eat at Universal.
The kids want to go back...we're not sure we're up for the stress.

So I pretty amped about our April/May 2017 trip. I have two surprises for revealing. First surprise is gonna be the entire trip for my 5yr old DD, she has know idea and has been getting the Disney bug bad, she asks every now and then on when we will be going back and it's been crazy hard for me and the wife to redirect. Second surprise is gonna be for wife and daughter. We were booked for AoA which we were all super stoked to try (we are pop century people) something new but today I just booked us at Animal Kingdom Lodge! I'm hoping to hold on to this secret until we arrive at MCO and check in with magical express and then BOOM! Either way it happens i'm even more excited for this trip. It's just us 3 and have never stayed at a deluxe all together:)

Just reposting my favorite AKL picture. This was from Kidani in 2014. Major party on the Savannah. Definitely not the usual amount of animals at one time, but in this case, everyone was out. See all the giraffes in the background as well!

View attachment 213203

Better resolution version on flikr. https://flic.kr/p/mzKgTo
Holy Crap..... Looks way better than Kilimanjaro Safari's...

BTW, they're all kinda paired up-----> I Don't see no ARK?:confused:...lol

So I pretty amped about our April/May 2017 trip. I have two surprises for revealing. First surprise is gonna be the entire trip for my 5yr old DD, she has know idea and has been getting the Disney bug bad, she asks every now and then on when we will be going back and it's been crazy hard for me and the wife to redirect. Second surprise is gonna be for wife and daughter. We were booked for AoA which we were all super stoked to try (we are pop century people) something new but today I just booked us at Animal Kingdom Lodge! I'm hoping to hold on to this secret until we arrive at MCO and check in with magical express and then BOOM! Either way it happens i'm even more excited for this trip. It's just us 3 and have never stayed at a deluxe all together:)

WoW that is an awesome surprise, & I definitely know how you are feeling inside....Like shaking a bottle of soda* ( about to burst)

They'll be pretty stoked for sure with that news..Be sure to utilize every amenity at AKL/V.
Meaning both resorts. There's so much to do & see here...Both pools are amazing but Kidani also has the water play area, which is a nice feature.. Also recommend Community Hall as well:thumbsup2 Have a great trip.

EDIT: Also Just saw your video. Very well put together & also touching...

Last edited:
Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2017 & 2018

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

Monacoplc, Dec 23rd - 10th, AKL

Nayoung, Dec 30th - 10th, AKL

Momof2gr8kids, 1st - 7th, Jambo House

Parismeow, 4th - 18th, AKL

Trishadono, 15th - 20th, AKL CL

Archdandy, 17th - 27th, kidani

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Hockeybabe, 22nd - 24th, Kidani

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 30th - 31st, ASM

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

February

Ericar, Jan 30th - 6th, AKL

Jen4400, 4th - 1th, AKL

Bozley0621, 7th - 12th, AKL

Javamoma, 8th - 11th, AKL

Crostorfer, 14th - 17th, AKL

disneyAndi14, 16th - 23rd, AKL

March

Dwheaton, 18th - 24th, AKL

Sparkyco, 17th - 25th, AKL CL

April

Katiedid36, 1st - 8th, AKL

Momtwoboys, 17th - 24th, AKV

May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

June

Mlunsford, May 28th - 3rd, AKV

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

Kamikazecat, 22nd - July 6th, Jambo House

July

August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

September

October

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

November

December

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

We arrive in 25 days and I'm realizing it's probably time for me to start doing some actual things to get ready for our trip! I have a few questions I'm hoping you guys know the answers to...
-what kind of toiletries are provided in the room? I usually pack my own shampoo/conditioner, but if the ones they provide are nice (and they're two separate items, not a combo) that would be 2 less things to pack. :)
-I'm debating grocery delivery vs. packing granola bars & buying a few things in the store. I know I read they sell water bottles...anyone know if they sell yogurt? My daughter eats Chobani cups like they're going out of style...if they're easily available at AKL I won't bother placing an order and she can just pick one or two out a day. I'm also looking for apple juice...especially Simply Apple or something similar (thick, fresh pressed).
-Are there other things you always pack for an AKL stay? Or things you wished you packed? This is our first trip to Disney since 2003 - my daughter's first trip ever - and our first stay somewhere other then the All Star resorts! And, believe it or not, it's also our first BIG family vacation. I think the longest we've ever stayed in a hotel with my daughter is 3 or 4 nights, and we drove there so we had a car full of stuff!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

We arrive in 25 days and I'm realizing it's probably time for me to start doing some actual things to get ready for our trip! I have a few questions I'm hoping you guys know the answers to...
-what kind of toiletries are provided in the room? I usually pack my own shampoo/conditioner, but if the ones they provide are nice (and they're two separate items, not a combo) that would be 2 less things to pack. :)
-I'm debating grocery delivery vs. packing granola bars & buying a few things in the store. I know I read they sell water bottles...anyone know if they sell yogurt? My daughter eats Chobani cups like they're going out of style...if they're easily available at AKL I won't bother placing an order and she can just pick one or two out a day. I'm also looking for apple juice...especially Simply Apple or something similar (thick, fresh pressed).
-Are there other things you always pack for an AKL stay? Or things you wished you packed? This is our first trip to Disney since 2003 - my daughter's first trip ever - and our first stay somewhere other then the All Star resorts! And, believe it or not, it's also our first BIG family vacation. I think the longest we've ever stayed in a hotel with my daughter is 3 or 4 nights, and we drove there so we had a car full of stuff!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

One thing I've started bringing in vacations is a pop up hamper. They have them at the dollar tree. They pack flat and then help keep the room mess to minimum!

To answer your yogurt question, I think they only carry the dannon brand on property. Garden Grocer is the delivery we used each time and they gave a nice selection of food.

Please add me to AKL Jambo CL 11/13-16/2017 yahoo finally got CL after years of trying! Thanks for your hard work in keeping up this list!

January

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

February

Jen4400, 4th - 1th, AKL

March

April

May

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

June

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

July

August

September

October

November

December

January

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

February

Jen4400, 4th - 1th, AKL

March

April

May

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

June

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

July

August

September

October

November

December

Count me in!!

October 15-20, 2017....AKV-Jambo in a value studio!
I can hardly wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter