Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Hi, all! I stayed at POP this year but in the midst of all the room remodeling there, I'm suddenly flirting with the idea of a LM room next year. I've visited AOA and eaten a couple of meals at the food court, but haven't stayed there. 2 questions:

Do the Little Mermaid rooms book up really fast? I would be looking at Feb 3-10 next year, so a slightly less busy time. I'm just wondering how much time I have to dither over a decision or if I'd better jump on it. Also, I assume LM rooms are still usually excluded from discounts.

Maybe a weird question, but how is the lighting in Lion King after dark? Is it "spooky" walking through there to Little Mermaid in the evening?

We're also shooting for that week next year. You can book online in the summer but now you've got me worrying I need to call book a room now to be sure. Can anyone add anything more to the rate of filling up in LM for Feb?

We had a line like that last Monday! According to the CM with a clipboard the road construction was delaying all the buses near the Magic Kingdom and they were having trouble getting them to the resort on a regular schedule.

Wow! How long did you both end up waiting?

We are considering AOA for next year. and I'm trying to decide if we should rent a car. This might help me decide if the construction is still ongoing.

Wow! How long did you both end up waiting?

We are considering AOA for next year. and I'm trying to decide if we should rent a car. This might help me decide if the construction is still ongoing.
About 40 minutes in the long run. Eventually they got a couple sets of the double long buses out to us and we got on those. I could see the cast members trying their best to get something/anything for us.

Hi: I am looking at booking AOA for the first time. We usually stay at port orleans riverside, which we love but would like to try the family suite at AOA. I have a daughter who gets severe migraine headaches due to many things but a warm, stuffy sleeping quarters will trigger it. Are the AOA livingroom and bedroom warm at night. I have read that the room airconditioning unit has a sensor and shuts down when there is no movement?

Deb.

When we were there in May the room was quite cool. I think eventually we turned the temp up because everyone was a bit too chilly at night.

We were in the Lion King Suites. We had 5 people in the room. Now it should be noted that we are from Central Texas and are quite accustomed to the heat. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Hi: I am looking at booking AOA for the first time. We usually stay at port orleans riverside, which we love but would like to try the family suite at AOA. I have a daughter who gets severe migraine headaches due to many things but a warm, stuffy sleeping quarters will trigger it. Are the AOA livingroom and bedroom warm at night. I have read that the room airconditioning unit has a sensor and shuts down when there is no movement?

Deb.

We've stayed in a suite 3 times and we've never had a problem with the a/c keeping things cool at night. I don't know if there really are sensors or not. If they do have sensors, they must be pretty sensitive and detect even the slightest movements. My husband always keeps the room excessively cool (66 degrees) and sometimes I *wish* it would shut off. :D

Well, I had Pop booked for my short solo trip but I really wanted AoA Little Mermaid room and I finally found a vacancy! As of right now I'll be staying at AoA from 10/31-11/4 and then hopping over to AKL with my family. Super excited to stay in these rooms.

I'm thinking I don't have all the info but...have their been issues with AoA buses/bus lines due to some sort of construction going on? I just read a few recent posts talking about long waits for buses.

I'm thinking I don't have all the info but...have their been issues with AoA buses/bus lines due to some sort of construction going on? I just read a few recent posts talking about long waits for buses.
Yes, there has been long waits for buses, particularly in the morning for Magic Kingdom. The road construction has been delaying them.

Yes, there has been long waits for buses, particularly in the morning for Magic Kingdom. The road construction has been delaying them.

Ah so is this road construction delaying pretty much all other resorts MK buses as well? I just wanted to make sure this wasn't just an AoA thing.

Ah so is this road construction delaying pretty much all other resorts MK buses as well? I just wanted to make sure this wasn't just an AoA thing.

Just talked to a friend who was there last week, stayed at CSR, said it was awful, especially MK.

It's not just AoA. I've seen people reporting it at Pop, POR, POFQ, CSR, and CBR as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter