Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I used Lyft 3 times compared to 1 time Minnie Van cost. Same company but cheaper to use regular car service. Not sure how it would work if people had little kids that need cars seats though.

We used the Minnie vans twice on our last trip and loved it. The person driving works for Disney, so you really get Disney service. Plus, one of our drivers gave me some great advice on what to do to change some of our plans during Hurricane Irma (we stayed thru it) & gave me a certificate for a free candy apple. He was really nice & helpful.

we will be staying at Boardwalk inn Dec21-27 and I would like to request a room but I'm not seeing any reports for a room for 5 people Standard View any suggestions are appreciated. Our kids are 15,11 and nine so we aren't worried about strollers or noise I would like to get the best view possible.

Curious - for buses to MK, HS & AK - what other stops/resorts does the bus go to?

How long does it typically take to get to AK or MK on the buses from BW? Trying to decide how early to leave to be there at RD

Hi everyone. I just booked my first ever BWI stay! Dates 12/27-12/31. My mom and I will be bringing my kiddos. My father passed away at the end of August and it has just been and overall rough year. We decided want to spend the end of the year in our happy place. My mom is my usual Disney travel partner. This will be my 15th or 16th trip (I've lost count!) and my mom's 12th.

We have a standard room booked. With 2 little ones and a double stroller, where would be the most convenient location? We plan on walking to Epcot and HS and hopefully taking Minnie Vans to and from MK. We'd rather not have to deal with buses if we don't have to. Also, are there any standard view rooms that offer view of the fireworks? The kids will be sleeping by fireworks time but it would be awesome if my mom and I could view them from the room. TIA!

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Enjoy the time with your kids and mother, that sounds like a wonderful family trip! My personal opinion is to NOT stay on the first floor when staying on the Inn side. There is no way to exit out to the Boardwalk from the first floor. You must take the elevator or stairs UP to the 2nd floor then take another elevator or set of stairs DOWN to the Boardwalk. When I stayed there in January with my 74 year old mother, they put us at the second to last room on the first floor so not only did we have the longest walk from the elevator, we basically doubled back when we exited toward Epcot. She's getting to the point where the walking is a bit much and even I (as a runner) was tired of the long walk after a long day! So my personal preference is to ask for a 2nd floor room or above and near the elevator. If you are on the second floor, you just need to take one elevator down one floor with the stroller. If you are on a higher floor, you take one elevator to the 2nd floor then another to the first floor. Of course, if you are not taking the stroller because maybe you just are going to the bakery, you can walk down the stairs as well. Long story short, ask for a 2nd floor room near the elevator :)

we will be staying at Boardwalk inn Dec21-27 and I would like to request a room but I'm not seeing any reports for a room for 5 people Standard View any suggestions are appreciated. Our kids are 15,11 and nine so we aren't worried about strollers or noise I would like to get the best view possible.

Request a courtyard view. Some of the standard views are above the front driveway and walkway to the bus stop.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm

When I took the bus to Animal Kingdom in May, we had a direct bus with no other stops :cool1:

If it's a slow part of the day the animal kingdom bus is shared with Swan and dolphin. You do not share a bus with Magic Kingdom and there is no bus to Hollywood studios Only the boat.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Enjoy the time with your kids and mother, that sounds like a wonderful family trip! My personal opinion is to NOT stay on the first floor when staying on the Inn side. There is no way to exit out to the Boardwalk from the first floor. You must take the elevator or stairs UP to the 2nd floor then take another elevator or set of stairs DOWN to the Boardwalk. When I stayed there in January with my 74 year old mother, they put us at the second to last room on the first floor so not only did we have the longest walk from the elevator, we basically doubled back when we exited toward Epcot. She's getting to the point where the walking is a bit much and even I (as a runner) was tired of the long walk after a long day! So my personal preference is to ask for a 2nd floor room or above and near the elevator. If you are on the second floor, you just need to take one elevator down one floor with the stroller. If you are on a higher floor, you take one elevator to the 2nd floor then another to the first floor. Of course, if you are not taking the stroller because maybe you just are going to the bakery, you can walk down the stairs as well. Long story short, ask for a 2nd floor room near the elevator :)
Thank you so much for this tip! I never would have known. Sounds like an interesting set up.

Hi everyone. I just booked my first ever BWI stay! Dates 12/27-12/31. My mom and I will be bringing my kiddos. My father passed away at the end of August and it has just been and overall rough year. We decided want to spend the end of the year in our happy place. My mom is my usual Disney travel partner. This will be my 15th or 16th trip (I've lost count!) and my mom's 12th.

We have a standard room booked. With 2 little ones and a double stroller, where would be the most convenient location? We plan on walking to Epcot and HS and hopefully taking Minnie Vans to and from MK. We'd rather not have to deal with buses if we don't have to. Also, are there any standard view rooms that offer view of the fireworks? The kids will be sleeping by fireworks time but it would be awesome if my mom and I could view them from the room. TIA!

Congratulations on booking your first stay. I'll log your dates, @bebec22 :)

I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin, @eeyora68.

Some friends are staying at BWV next month. If they get their in-park purchases delivered back to their hotel, which store will their items be sent to?

Some friends are staying at BWV next month. If they get their in-park purchases delivered back to their hotel, which store will their items be sent to?

The Screen Door on the Boardwalk.

Thank you!! Do you know where the best (or most common?) place is to buy your refillable mugs at BWV?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter