Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

This is a strange question about parking, but who better to come to then the experts! :worship:
DH and I are thinking about renting points here later in 2018. We will be driving, but will be bringing our 2003 corvette. DH is very picky about where he parks it and is wondering if the hotel guest parking lot has ample room where he can park it out of the way with hopefully nobody parked on either side of the car. We have only ever visited Boardwalk and parked in the guest lot which always seemed to be crazy full and hard to find a spot. TIA for any answers on this question! :thanks:
I wouldn't drive a car you really care about at the BW. Parking can be very limited at times and the spaces can be small. I wouldn't park a 2003 Corvette there. There are times of the year when parking is really at a premium at the BW.

if you don't mind me asking, how much was it? I'm curious how much BWI gets discounted with the AP....

$406.75 Saturday night and $391.10 Sunday night. There are 4 adults in our party. If there was just two, our rate would have been less.

Not the original poster but I just booked a standard BWI room for one night March 3 with an AP discount for $332 and a standard BWI CL for the rest of the week for $477 a night with the AP discount. We wont be arriving that first night until after 10 pm so I saved the money on a weekend room rate and will move over to the club level the next morning. Right after I enjoy the Sunday morning brunch in the lounge.

That’s a really good rate!

And congratulations on booking your first BWI stay, @patster734.

Thank you!

Finalized our fall F&W trip--BWV for us this year rather than BCV. A little bummed we had to move our dates (10/5 and 10/7 were sold out for garden/pool view studios--I know odd right) so we opted for October 9-16, 2018--it works! Happy to be returning to BW after a few stays at BC (although we are staying at BCV in May).

Last edited:

I wouldn't drive a car you really care about at the BW. Parking can be very limited at times and the spaces can be small. I wouldn't park a 2003 Corvette there. There are times of the year when parking is really at a premium at the BW.
Agree that finding a parking spot at BW can sometimes be a challenge, but disagree about the width of the spaces. Can’t speak for every WDW hotel but guaranteed that the spaces at the BW are wider than those at the Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary and Beach Club. If you don’t believe me I have the dents in the side of my car to show you.

I agree. I just asked my DH and he said he would not park a car like that there. He parked our car as far away from others as he could, and there was still one side where someone else could park. He said it was very tight parking there with probably a high chance of getting dinged.

Is there a freezer compartment in the refrigerators at BWI? My daughter is on antibiotics and I want to be able to keep it cold if I have to bring it to the parks. I'll be traveling with a small ice pack for the plane. If not, my back up plan is to bring small baggies to fill with ice. 5 days until check-in!

Is there a freezer compartment in the refrigerators at BWI? My daughter is on antibiotics and I want to be able to keep it cold if I have to bring it to the parks. I'll be traveling with a small ice pack for the plane. If not, my back up plan is to bring small baggies to fill with ice. 5 days until check-in!
Look into buying a Polar Bear cooler on ebags. We love it and even though it is soft sided it does not sweat. We've taken it on the plane many times. TSA will require that you use the frozen solid ice packs and not real ice.

Yes. The refrigerators have a freezer

Yes. The refrigerators have a freezer
I think you might be mistaken. Most of the refrigerators in the hotel rooms do not have a small freezer section. Most are just refrigerators. In the DVC villas, the full sized refrigerators in the one, two and three bedroom villas do have refrigerators, but the studios have a smaller undercounter refrigerator that usually does not have a freezer. They started eliminating the freezers in the studio refrigerators because of the high maintenance issues.

I think you might be mistaken. Most of the refrigerators in the hotel rooms do not have a small freezer section. Most are just refrigerators. In the DVC villas, the full sized refrigerators in the one, two and three bedroom villas do have refrigerators, but the studios have a smaller undercounter refrigerator that usually does not have a freezer. They started eliminating the freezers in the studio refrigerators because of the high maintenance issues.

I was in a BWV studio at the beginning of this month, it had a small freezer. But no ice tray, I thought last time it had an ice tray.

We recently bought DVC (AKL) and booked a 7 night stay in a 2-Bedroom taking my parents and kids (July 10-17). we then like 2 weeks ago decided to add 25 more points so we could spend 3 more nights WDW. So we used those new points and booked 3 nights at BWV in a Deluxe Studio Boardwalk View (July 7-10).

We drive from PA when we go, this will be our 4th time at WDW (2011, 2014 & 2017).
In 2017 We bought Annual Passes.

So a couple questions about BWV....

1-How far is the parking from the Boardwalk View rooms? We will need to get all of our luggage to and from the rooms.
2-We usually like ground floor rooms, if we request ground floor for the boardwalk view how are they?

Thanks for the input

We recently bought DVC (AKL) and booked a 7 night stay in a 2-Bedroom taking my parents and kids (July 10-17). we then like 2 weeks ago decided to add 25 more points so we could spend 3 more nights WDW. So we used those new points and booked 3 nights at BWV in a Deluxe Studio Boardwalk View (July 7-10).

We drive from PA when we go, this will be our 4th time at WDW (2011, 2014 & 2017).

1-How far is the parking from the Boardwalk View rooms? We will need to get all of our luggage to and from the rooms.
2-We usually like ground floor rooms, if we request ground floor for the boardwalk view how are they?

Thanks for the input

1 - pretty far. I would drop off your stuff at the entrance and then park the car.

2 - there are only 3 ground floor boardwalk view rooms. A dedicated 1 bedroom and a lock off 2 bedroom (studio + 1 bedroom). I always request top floor to avoid it. I would hate people walking past my room all the time. Plus your view would be mostly the boardwalk itself.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg

What kind of mattresses do they have at the INN? Are they memory foam, traditional springs, or a combo of the 2?

LOL...my apologies. I saw BWI and my brain read BWV and interpreted that to mean a one bedroom + (don't ask me why).

Thanks for the input

1 - pretty far. I would drop off your stuff at the entrance and then park the car.

2 - there are only 3 ground floor boardwalk view rooms. A dedicated 1 bedroom and a lock off 2 bedroom (studio + 1 bedroom). I always request top floor to avoid it. I would hate people walking past my room all the time. Plus your view would be mostly the boardwalk itself.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg

I concur with @DebbieB.

1) When you arrive, pull up to the front entrance and unload. The bellmen are very helpful, especially if you have a lot of stuff, and can bring it to your room if you’ve gotten your room-ready text already or check it if you haven’t. (Tip expected, of course.) Then go park the car while the rest of the family goes up to the room or to the front desk.

2) Boardwalk View is better from a high floor. The ground floor rooms have a very limited view in addition to all the pedestrian traffic @DebbieB mentions. FYI the lobby is on the 2nd floor and you exit from there for the bus stop, but you have to go down to the ground floor to get to the boat dock and walkway to Epcot & DHS - so no avoiding elevators or stairs completely, and you might as well have a nice view!

One more thing re BW view - some of the balconies have solid paneled railings and you have to stand (and be close to adult height) to see anything. So for maximizing your BW view, I’d ask for high floor and open balcony railing! (Don’t worry, the kids will not be able to get through.)

What kind of mattresses do they have at the INN? Are they memory foam, traditional springs, or a combo of the 2?
Feel like traditional spring to me. No memory foam for sure. That's what we have now at home and it's not like that at all, had a combo before. It is neither of those

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter