Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

a) Which category?
When the reservation was made, it was either booked as Standard View, Boardwalk View or Garden/Pool View. You didn't tell us which one. That is the first thing which will determine location.

b) Calling in a room request
I assume you are not a DVC member. You personally cannot call in a room request. The member who made the reservation would have to call Member Services for you.

c) Options at online check-in
I haven't done online check-in at BWV in awhile, so I don't know what the current options are. Historically, the online check-in options at all Disney resorts have been a mess. They sometimes offer options which aren't even available at your resort.

d) Making a request when you get there
Don't count on being able to make a room request when you get to the resort. It's possible that there will be more than one empty studio in your category, but Epcot's Food & Wine festival will be going on at that time. BWV tends to be pretty full then.

We have a Garden/Pool View Deluxe Studio Villa, we don't want to do online check in mainly because we are from Australia so need to pick up our magic bands anyway.
I rented thru DVC rental store so I can ask them to get the renter to make the requests for me. They have already requested a crib for us.

I requested to be near the elevators, which was great because we didn't have to deal with the long walk down the hallways that many find frustrating. Have fun!
I was thinking that this might be a good option for us too.

We have a Garden/Pool View Deluxe Studio Villa, we don't want to do online check in mainly because we are from Australia so need to pick up our magic bands anyway.
I rented thru DVC rental store so I can ask them to get the renter to make the requests for me. They have already requested a crib for us.

I was thinking that this might be a good option for us too.
You will probably not get a crib, but will probably get a pack and play instead. That's what DVC resorts usually have. You could request Village Green and that would give you a view of the grassy area between the Villas and the Inn looking towards the boat dock. You could also request a leisure pool view since they tend to be quieter than the Luna Park pool (the themed pool). Or request close to the elevators because the hallways can be very long. Your older child will probably enjoy the fold down Murphy bed. Then you can leave the sleeper sofa folded up and put the pack and play in front of the sleeper sofa.

You will probably not get a crib, but will probably get a pack and play instead. That's what DVC resorts usually have. You could request Village Green and that would give you a view of the grassy area between the Villas and the Inn looking towards the boat dock. You could also request a leisure pool view since they tend to be quieter than the Luna Park pool (the themed pool). Or request close to the elevators because the hallways can be very long. Your older child will probably enjoy the fold down Murphy bed. Then you can leave the sleeper sofa folded up and put the pack and play in front of the sleeper sofa.
I think the view isn’t so much important but the closeness to the elevator would be.
We’ve requested an actual crib as we don’t want the pack and play.
If we aren’t able to get one on the day we will rent from kingdom strollers.
I know they have them but are “first come first served”

I think the view isn’t so much important but the closeness to the elevator would be.
We’ve requested an actual crib as we don’t want the pack and play.
If we aren’t able to get one on the day we will rent from kingdom strollers.
I know they have them but are “first come first served”

@Deb&Bill probably know the answer to this because they know so much about DVC. I thought actual cribs were first come first serve for BoardWalk Inn, not BoardWalk Villas. I thought pack and plays were standard for villas, and if for some reason there isn't a pack and play in your room you can request one. I think I recall just one person mentioning that they were able to have Disney provide a crib in a DVC room, but I don't recall if it was BWV or a different DVC resort. So I don't know how much luck you will have getting Disney to provide a crib for a DVC studio. Good that you have a back-up plan.

I also haven't thought about where you would fit a crib in a studio.

@Deb&Bill probably know the answer to this because they know so much about DVC. I thought actual cribs were first come first serve for BoardWalk Inn, not BoardWalk Villas. I thought pack and plays were standard for villas, and if for some reason there isn't a pack and play in your room you can request one. I think I recall just one person mentioning that they were able to have Disney provide a crib in a DVC room, but I don't recall if it was BWV or a different DVC resort. So I don't know how much luck you will have getting Disney to provide a crib for a DVC studio. Good that you have a back-up plan.

I also haven't thought about where you would fit a crib in a studio.
Thanks I’m not sure either which is why we looked into renting one just in case.
There’s plenty of room we’ve used them in pop century rooms before also.

We just moved our reservation for the end of Oct from YC to BWI Club level! I am so excited 4 nights at BWI then moving over to BCV for 2 weeks! The fall can't get here soon enough!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Going on my first vacation in 7 years on Sunday for an entire week. I'm beyond tired and stressed! Can't wait to get there

Hope you have a nice relaxing trip :).

Our trip is our 2 weeks from today! Can some please let me know if the Inn room have the mounted in the shower shampoo, bodywash, etc. or will we receive the individual bottles? TIA

We're staying at Boardwalk Villas for the first time in 5 weeks time.
I've rented points and got a studio villa.
What sort of room should I ask for at check in?
We've got two kids, one is 3 and the other is 10 months so we have a double stroller.
Planning on doing HS and Epcot the 4 days we are there with 1 resort day, so no need for the bus, we're hoping to walk or take the boat.
We've never been to the resort before so no idea of which location we want to be in.
We just stayed at BWV and booked the deluxe studio standard view. We were upgraded to a pool view at check in and had room 2060 which is extremely close to the lobby/same floor and just 25 steps from the sundry store. It wasn’t that loud at all for being so close to the lobby and overlooked the main pool. It was a very short walk to the buses, laundry, gym and pool. I would ask for a room near the lobby with stroller aged kids. There’s a nice little nook when you walk in the studios to park a stroller. It’s not a guarantee you’ll get an upgrade if you booked a standard view but you can make requests in advance of your in person check in online if you do choose online check in. We did not make any requests online in advance for this trip.

We just stayed at BWV and booked the deluxe studio standard view. We were upgraded to a pool view at check in and had room 2060 which is extremely close to the lobby/same floor and just 25 steps from the sundry store. It wasn’t that loud at all for being so close to the lobby and overlooked the main pool. It was a very short walk to the buses, laundry, gym and pool. I would ask for a room near the lobby with stroller aged kids. There’s a nice little nook when you walk in the studios to park a stroller. It’s not a guarantee you’ll get an upgrade if you booked a standard view but you can make requests in advance of your in person check in online if you do choose online check in. We did not make any requests online in advance for this trip.

Did you rent points or book through Disney for cash? Cash reservations are eligible for upgrades by request but points reservations should not be, since only the owner of the points should be allowed to approve the increased points cost of an upgraded location. DVC points reservations generally get upgraded only if there’s a serious problem with the villa booked and there’s no alternative available in the category booked.

Also, for a points reservation any requests need to be submitted to the owner, who then notifies Member Services.

Did you rent points or book through Disney for cash? Cash reservations are eligible for upgrades by request but points reservations should not be, since only the owner of the points should be allowed to approve the increased points cost of an upgraded location. DVC points reservations generally get upgraded only if there’s a serious problem with the villa booked and there’s no alternative available in the category booked.

Also, for a points reservation any requests need to be submitted to the owner, who then notifies Member Services.
We rented points through DVC rental store and have put in the room request with them, we have a Garden View room booked. I've simply asked to be near an elevator on a high floor. I guess I'll just ask when we go to check in if we can be sure to have something where we aren't walking too far with the little ones in tow. (They are 3yo and 10mo old)

I'd never ask for an upgrade because we are renting points but I have heard that on very rare occasions it can happen and be "pixie dust" so no points or money is needed. Those things never happen to us though so I doubt i'll ever have to worry about it.

We rented points through DVC rental store and have put in the room request with them, we have a Garden View room booked. I've simply asked to be near an elevator on a high floor. I guess I'll just ask when we go to check in if we can be sure to have something where we aren't walking too far with the little ones in tow. (They are 3yo and 10mo old)

I'd never ask for an upgrade because we are renting points but I have heard that on very rare occasions it can happen and be "pixie dust" so no points or money is needed. Those things never happen to us though so I doubt i'll ever have to worry about it.
If you’ve rented a Garden/Pool View, then that’s what you are going to get. DVC is designed to operate at or near 100% occupancy, so there are no pixie dust upgrades unless a room is taken out of inventory for some reason. Even then, members often find themselves with a less desirable location, not a better one.

The best that you can do is request to be near an elevator if you don’t want to have a long walk. Make it your only request so that a room assigner doesn’t have to choose between a high floor, far from the elevator or a low floor near the elevator. But keep in mind that most people request to be near the elevator and someone has to take that long walk. Where you end up is a result of what rooms are opening up on the day you arrive and how your length of stay factors in with the next group of arrivals. All but a few studios at BWV are part of a 2BR lock-off. Assigning those rooms is like playing a game of Tetris. The pieces have to fall precisely in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter