Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Are the shops on the Boardwalk open? Any places to eat? We thinking of switching to Boardwalk Villa for end of may trip. But hesitant not sure what is open?

Just switched from Yacht Club to Boardwalk. I had my fingers crossed!
I like the Boardwalk more than the Yacht Club too.
  • Boardwalk theme
  • Boardwalk pool (it's a hassle to get a seat at Stormalong Bay)
  • Nightlife on the Boardwalk
  • Closer to Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Boardwalk feels more vibrant
Still, some prefer the Yacht Club. If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch?

I'm thinking of changing from beach club to BWI. So glad it's opening again! Does BWI have their own bus service to AK and MK or do they share with other resorts?

• Boardwalk theme
Still, some prefer the Yacht Club. If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch?
I've just recently had my first YC stay and we really liked it. We've stayed at BC and BWI many times and love both for different reasons. We like BC/YC because the quick service and drinks refills are inside and we do like the pool slide. The BC was our first ever resort so it holds a special place in our hearts.
All of the reasons you mentioned about BWI are exactly what we love about BWI, especially nightlife and the less stress of the pool. The biggest deciding point is that my DH really loves the theming and he never asks for much when we plan our trips so I want him to be happy!

I'm thinking of changing from beach club to BWI. So glad it's opening again! Does BWI have their own bus service to AK and MK or do they share with other resorts?
On my last visit in November of 2019, BWI did not share buses in the morning to AK or MK, but did share returning to the resort and later in the day with Swan and Dolphin. But again, this probably has changed. Have a wonderful trip.

• Boardwalk theme
I've been worried about getting into Stormalong Bay in the afternoons, the kids are all young adults now, and we've never been to the Boardwalk before and it gets good reviews. I hesitated because the nightlife isn't there now, is it? I'd like to see the outside performers. We love the DHS streetmosphere....

I've been worried about getting into Stormalong Bay in the afternoons, the kids are all young adults now, and we've never been to the Boardwalk before and it gets good reviews. I hesitated because the nightlife isn't there now, is it? I'd like to see the outside performers. We love the DHS streetmosphere....
You might want to read what I wrote here (photos included):

Boardwalk Villas Tips and Tricks! | Page 3 | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

It's one of our Home Resorts and we stay there all the time. After reading the post linked above, please feel free to ask any questions you like. :)

FYI, Trattoria al Forno now has “To Go” mobile ordering in the MDE app!

View attachment 569551
We did to go breakfast from here Tuesday morning! Everything was hot and in large plastic containers with separate compartments vs. the brown boxes that seem to be common. Their florentine egg white omelette was surprisingly good.

I just booked BWI for my group of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). Will I definitely get a room with 2 queens and a daybed? That’s not a book able option.

I am not seeing any availability for October 1st for Boardwalk Inn. Is it already booked up?
Disney tends to disallow 1-night stays, especially for weekends. How many nights are you trying to book?

Still, I'm able to see this for 1 night:

Last edited:
I just booked BWI for my group of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). Will I definitely get a room with 2 queens and a daybed? That’s not a book able option.
Did you book it on the Disney website? If you did, it should show you the beds.

Also, if you booked it and listed 5 people (excluding infants), you should have been given a room with 5 sleeping surfaces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter