Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/index.php/faq/resorts/check-in

The check in time for villas is 4:00. 3:00 for hotel rooms.

It's interesting that the Disneyworld website says that check in time "is 4:00" for villas because the DVC website says that check in time is "after 4:00."

If it's 5:00 pm and you're still waiting for your villa, you can say that they are running late if the rule is "at 4:00." You can't say that they are running late if the rule is "after 4:00."

Q: What time is Check-In and Check-Out at Disney Vacation Club Resorts?
A.
Check-In is after 4:00 PM (please notify Member Services if you're planning a late arrival), and Check-Out is by 11:00 AM.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/pre-arrival-checklist/check-in-check-out-times

Dd and I both got bumped from our BWI cl stay 4/28. Apparently they are not ready yet for new arrivals with remodel.

Offered DD for her Bach AKL VP suite. Hard no for her. It’s too far away from everything for a bunch of girls. They did not have many options. Finally settled for 2 connecting rooms STD Atrium CL at CR. They moved my single room there as well.

DD’s fav resort is CR but booked a 2 bedroom suite because the 7 girls wanted to be together and have space to do so. So they had the space of 3 rooms but now only 2. Good side is they have 6 sleeping spaces now at least.

Very disappointing. Girls booked last year at 499 mark and moved from BC to bwi when dates became available.

Someone asked where the pictures from the resort went to. Cast Connection Warehouse. You need to be a cast member or friend to get you in.
There is a video on youtube weekly by the Sabol family vlogs.
Headboards $1. That is just a start.

When Wilderness Lodge did their remodel someone put most all their furniture on Ebay
It was some authorized deal
I came very close to buying a set of the bunk beds but didn't have a spot for them at they time

I’ve been following along with the room refurb updates, but just want to be sure I’ve got this right: in theory, assuming things move along on time(ish), all Inn rooms should be done by July?

I’ve been following along with the room refurb updates, but just want to be sure I’ve got this right: in theory, assuming things move along on time(ish), all Inn rooms should be done by July?
Expected to be done by May actually
Or in May. Second half starts 3/11-ish
so anyone checking in from that point forward would be in a refurbished room

Expected to be done by May actually
Or in May. Second half starts 3/11-ish
so anyone checking in from that point forward would be in a refurbished room
That’s what I thought, but wanted to make sure I was interpreting correctly - thank you!

In today's news on my ever evolving August trip... I changed our reservation from a boardwalk view studio to a boardwalk view room on the inn side in order to have a nice, refurbished room! Phew... I hope that's the last time I feel the need to change something lol!

In today's news on my ever evolving August trip... I changed our reservation from a boardwalk view studio to a boardwalk view room on the inn side in order to have a nice, refurbished room! Phew... I hope that's the last time I feel the need to change something lol!
Thanks for the prompting, I just moved us from CBR to BWI in March ::yes:: . I love new rooms and had expected one for our April trip but since that got us bumped elsewhere(see previous post) maybe this will help.

It was dd's bach that got bumped and March is our mom n me Birthday weekend. I should not have to spend more $ due to disney's mistake but here I am:dance3:. Life is too short, I am willing to book what I want:thumbsup2

We have Monsieur Paul during this trip and walking there will be great!

So I maybe 1st one there arriving 3/16. Anybody before us??? Can't wait to see it in person :banana:

Thanks for the prompting, I just moved us from CBR to BWI in March ::yes:: . I love new rooms and had expected one for our April trip but since that got us bumped elsewhere(see previous post) maybe this will help.

It was dd's bach that got bumped and March is our mom n me Birthday weekend. I should not have to spend more $ due to disney's mistake but here I am:dance3:. Life is too short, I am willing to book what I want:thumbsup2

We have Monsieur Paul during this trip and walking there will be great!

So I maybe 1st one there arriving 3/16. Anybody before us??? Can't wait to see it in person :banana:
What is a “bach”?

What is a “bach”?
Oh my dd was having her bachelorette party at BWI in the 2 bedroom suite. She wanted space for 7 girls.

She was engaged at WDW and plans on a split Aruba - WDW at CR Honeymoon.

I took her to wdw at age 1 and she was hooked instantly.

Oh my dd was having her bachelorette party at BWI in the 2 bedroom suite. She wanted space for 7 girls.

She was engaged at WDW and plans on a split Aruba - WDW at CR Honeymoon.

I took her to wdw at age 1 and she was hooked instantly.
Sorry, never heard it referred to that way.

Ugh just reading through after booking BWI boardwalk view fir arrival this week 2/15. This means I will 100% be getting an old room, right? Sounds like one whole side shut down until March then next side shut down March through April? Am I understanding it correctly? I would not have booked this if I knew it was a construction zone!

Do all of the water view rooms on the inn side have full balconies? If not, what are the rooms I should avoid? Can anyone recommend any rooms or areas for me to request?

Ugh just reading through after booking BWI boardwalk view fir arrival this week 2/15. This means I will 100% be getting an old room, right? Sounds like one whole side shut down until March then next side shut down March through April? Am I understanding it correctly? I would not have booked this if I knew it was a construction zone!
Yes you have it correct
The only rooms right now are old rooms

Do all of the water view rooms on the inn side have full balconies? If not, what are the rooms I should avoid? Can anyone recommend any rooms or areas for me to request?
depends on what your definition of full is
they aren’t the Juliet balcony like BC has
they have tables and chairs
some are oversized and some are not

My friend was just there last week. Since the areas are kind of spread apart she didn’t have any issues. However she loved how quiet it was people wise with half the resort empty.

My friend was just there last week. Since the areas are kind of spread apart she didn’t have any issues. However she loved how quiet it was people wise with half the resort empty.
One advantage to the way they are doing this remodel is no one is in rooms right by construction.
Yes the lobby has areas blocked off so you can see it but the actual work going on in the rooms is removed from the guest rooms. They aren't working on rooms right next door or above an occupied guest room. From what I was told that's why they've done it the way they are. To keep guests and construction apart. And it lets them move faster by not having to work around occupied spaces.

We arrive next week and if I could have gotten a room I'd be staying there without any worry. Hard to book with so fewer rooms.

Even so, I had no idea it was a construction zone. I don’t like the idea of a Room weeks away from being renovated- sounds icky (think saggy mattress, run down room). I guess my own fault for not paying attention but shouldn’t they have to notify incoming guests in some way?

Even so, I had no idea it was a construction zone. I don’t like the idea of a Room weeks away from being renovated- sounds icky (think saggy mattress, run down room). I guess my own fault for not paying attention but shouldn’t they have to notify incoming guests in some way?
Notify you of what?
That your room is old and run down? They've got the construction removed from the guest areas so they probably see no reason to notify you of that. There is a notice on the website at this time and has been since the Boardwalk remodel started, which was months ago. Talking the actual Boardwalk, where they started the work to redo the restaurants.
The rooms aren't rundown by they way. No saggy anything. It's not like the rooms are decades old.
Did they need a refresh, yes. They look old fashioned compared to a new resort construction these days.
But they aren't run down. Most of the furnishings are for sale. They look quite good overall. If it's your style

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter