Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hmm, just booked AP rate for mid May, garden view. Guess will see what we get. We’d rather have two beds rather than a king bed. First time staying here.

I'm looking to rent with points a standard view studio at Boardwalk in January for when I'm there to run the marathon. I've never stayed at a deluxe and want to splurge a little for this trip and treat myself - plus renting with points makes it a little more affordable. The extra perk is the ability to walk to Epcot and HS and not deal with the marathon congestion for a least half the parks over that weekend.

I'm normally gone most of the day at the park but I will be planning on sleeping for most of the morning after my race so I'm concerned about construction noise. Without knowing much about the layout of the resort how affected by daytime noise may I be at a standard view suite? Is the construction all around the resort or centered somewhere specific?

I'm looking to rent with points a standard view studio at Boardwalk in January for when I'm there to run the marathon. I've never stayed at a deluxe and want to splurge a little for this trip and treat myself - plus renting with points makes it a little more affordable. The extra perk is the ability to walk to Epcot and HS and not deal with the marathon congestion for a least half the parks over that weekend.

I'm normally gone most of the day at the park but I will be planning on sleeping for most of the morning after my race so I'm concerned about construction noise. Without knowing much about the layout of the resort how affected by daytime noise may I be at a standard view suite? Is the construction all around the resort or centered somewhere specific?
People book BoardWalk Villas standard room studios right when the booking window opens at the 11 month mark. That's one of the most popular room categories in all of DVC. You are talking about booking for a time period which is less than 10 months away. Right this minute, there is only 1 night available in a standard view studio for the entire month of January. People cancel all the time, but I don't think an agency would accept a request for nights that are not available when you put in the request. An owner here on the Dis might take on this request for you, but it would require checking constantly for cancellations, and it's possible that nobody will ever cancel for the nights that you want. An owner here on the Dis could put in a waitlist for you, but I don't know if they would do that because they couldn't use the points for someone else if they were keeping them just in case your room worked out.

I hope the construction is done by then, because it was supposed to be done by now. But when you focus on potential construction noise, I think you are worrying about the wrong thing.

IMPOSSIBLE.

boardwalk studio standard view is probably one of the hardest rooms to book. to have a chance, you need to book within seconds of the opening window for booking (11 months prior to stay day for resort owners). Even if you do that, there is a chance you won't get it. I tried for Feb 2024 and could not get (11 month mark) and decided to get a boardwalk view.

Yes, in the past if you are very lucky you might be able to pull it off, but now, no chance.

sorry, but you need to find another option.

Last edited:

People book BoardWalk Villas standard room studios right when the booking window opens at the 11 month mark. That's one of the most popular room categories in all of DVC. You are talking about booking for a time period which is less than 10 months away. Right this minute, there is only 1 night available in a standard view studio for the entire month of January. People cancel all the time, but I don't think an agency would accept a request for nights that are not available when you put in the request. An owner here on the Dis might take on this request for you, but it would require checking constantly for cancellations, and it's possible that nobody will ever cancel for the nights that you want. An owner here on the Dis could put in a waitlist for you, but I don't know if they would do that because they couldn't use the points for someone else if they were keeping them just in case your room worked out.

I hope the construction is done by then, because it was supposed to be done by now. But when you focus on potential construction noise, I think you are worrying about the wrong thing.

we stayed in a dvc studio with no issues over spring break. beautiful remodel and now we are even considering buying a DVC contract there... even though it ends in 2042. eek

IMPOSSIBLE.

boardwalk studio standard view is probably one of the hardest rooms to book. to have a chance, you need to book within seconds of the window of book opening (11 months prior to stay day for resort owners). Even if you do that, there is a chance you won't get it. I tried for Feb 2024 and could not get (11 month mark) and decided to get a boardwalk view.

Given the correct information provided above, why not try for a room at Swan and/or Dolphin? Less pricey than a Boardwalk, Y&B Resort and would provide you with the access you are seeking.

The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk is Now Hiring

The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk is opening in 2024, and the highly-anticipated sweet shop is ramping up its hiring.

The company is holding open interviews this March for a variety of new positions.

Over 16 positions and multiple roles, including hosts, bakers, decorators, and more, need to be filled prior to the opening of this much-anticipated bake shop.

Construction Updates

How close are we to the opening of this colorful sweets location? The Cake Bake Shop was originally supposed to open in 2023 but was then moved to “sometime in 2024.”

Cake-BakeMG_1279.heCake-Bakec-scaled.jpeg

Cake-BakeMG_1281.heCake-Bakec-scaled.jpeg

Cake-BakeMG_1284.heCake-Bakec-scaled.jpeg

Cake-BakeMG_1276.heCake-Bakec-scaled.jpeg

New Roles

Cake-BakeMG_2036-e1711124049460.jpeg

Open Interviews

The Cake Bake Shop is holding open interviews on the following dates at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Orlando at Flamingo Crossings in Winter Garden, Florida:

• Tuesday, March 26th, 8:00am-5:00pm
  • Wednesday, March 26th, 10:00am-7:00pm
  • Saturday, March 30th, 8:00am-5:00pm
Cake-BakeMG_2037-e1711124075764.jpeg

Open Positions

There are various roles available, and full-time employees receive medical, dental, vision, life, and ancillary insurance.

Thanks for the update and photos. Posting for employees seems like a good sign. I really hope they are open by our next annual visit.

IMPOSSIBLE.

boardwalk studio standard view is probably one of the hardest rooms to book. to have a chance, you need to book within seconds of the window of book opening (11 months prior to stay day for resort owners). Even if you do that, there is a chance you won't get it. I tried for Feb 2024 and could not get (11 month mark) and decided to get a boardwalk view.

Impossible? Maybe but we have been able to book 2-4 nights at BW inside 7 months at least one time much less than that … not always in a standard but we have managed including during one of these races. Cant recall which event but we were awakened extremely early by the noise of the race.

Impossible? Maybe but we have been able to book 2-4 nights at BW inside 7 months at least one time much less than that … not always in a standard but we have managed including during one of these races. Cant recall which event but we were awakened extremely early by the noise of the race.

Like you said, most of the times you won't get a standard view. Yes, other views you might be able to get it. things are worse lately in terms of booking.
But now, in 2024, it is impossible to book a standard view studio villa if not on the 11 month mark.
People are walking a reservation to be able to book that specific view for example.

Like you said, most of the times you won't get a standard view. Yes, other views you might be able to get it. things are worse lately in terms of booking.
But now, in 2024, it is impossible to book a standard view studio villa if not on the 11 month mark.
People are walking a reservation to be able to book that specific view for example.

Find an owner here and ask them to put in a waitlist for your dates … it may be difficult but not impossible ..if you are ok with a few more $ ask them to waitlist a BW or pool view as well to increase your chances. We have been able to get a few nights inside 7 months both as renters and owners including as recently as Feb. As for the construction noise we did hear some pretty early but we were in a room very close to where they were working at the time.

I genuinely cannot wrap my head around what is happening with that corn dog stand. I give Disney a fair amount of leeway, I know there can be reasons for delays that we're not aware of, like materials shortages, but seriously?!?! A hut is taking this long? I would love to know the 411 here.

I genuinely cannot wrap my head around what is happening with that corn dog stand. I give Disney a fair amount of leeway, I know there can be reasons for delays that we're not aware of, like materials shortages, but seriously?!?! A hut is taking this long? I would love to know the 411 here.
I honestly feel like I’ve been posting the same pictures over and over again, even though something new has supposedly happened at either location 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter