Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

So glad you had such a great trip and that you loved BWV! If you took DME how long would you say it was from the time you landed until the time you arrived at BWV?
We only used DME back to the airport. We did a split stay at started at Universal so we used UBER to get to Boardwalk. I am sorry! We had the bus to ourselves with one other party from our resort back though. Of course we had a 9:45pm flight home, so I am sure there weren't a lot of others in the area needing picked up :)

Glad you had a good trip! What time did the first Magic Kingdom bus arrive? Did all parties waiting get on the first bus, or did some have to wait for the next one?
On our first Magic Kingdom day (Monday), the first bus picked us up at 7:45. Every family got on. We arrived just as temp checks were opening, so we were in the first of the crowd heading to Mine Train. We maybe waited 3-5 minutes for it (walking the whole time). On our second Magic Kingdom day (Friday) the bus didn't come until 7:53 and there were two scooters that needed to load. By the time the driver loaded both of those and filled the bus, there was quite a crowd. Not everyone got on, but another bus was pulling in behind. Not sure if everyone got on that one or not. By the time we got to Magic Kingdom everyone was in, and the line was already pretty established at Mine Train.

On our first Magic Kingdom day (Monday), the first bus picked us up at 7:45. Every family got on. We arrived just as temp checks were opening, so we were in the first of the crowd heading to Mine Train. We maybe waited 3-5 minutes for it (walking the whole time). On our second Magic Kingdom day (Friday) the bus didn't come until 7:53 and there were two scooters that needed to load. By the time the driver loaded both of those and filled the bus, there was quite a crowd. Not everyone got on, but another bus was pulling in behind. Not sure if everyone got on that one or not. By the time we got to Magic Kingdom everyone was in, and the line was already pretty established at Mine Train.
Thank you!

Understood. Thank you. I am just trying to get a feel for it. I have an ADR for Beaches and Cream that I am hoping to be able to keep but Southwest just changed my flight to an hour later so I'm kind of worried now.
We didn't stay in the BW area, but we didn't even have a 2 minute wait when we got to the ME line. The CM at the entrance was having issues getting my MB to read the reservation and it probably took longer for THAT than it did once we got in line. Nobody was in line ahead of us. We arrived at ME around 3:15ish and were at Pop talking to a CM at the front desk (because our room wasn't ready yet) at 3:50 (that's when my text came through saying the room wasn't ready). We were the first stop for ME, but the bus wasn't full by any means and was also stopping at CBR, Riviera & Yacht Club after us.

We didn't stay in the BW area, but we didn't even have a 2 minute wait when we got to the ME line. The CM at the entrance was having issues getting my MB to read the reservation and it probably took longer for THAT than it did once we got in line. Nobody was in line ahead of us. We arrived at ME around 3:15ish and were at Pop talking to a CM at the front desk (because our room wasn't ready yet) at 3:50 (that's when my text came through saying the room wasn't ready). We were the first stop for ME, but the bus wasn't full by any means and was also stopping at CBR, Riviera & Yacht Club after us.
Thank you!

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it...does anyone know the current pool hours? Also, what are the least and most busy times at the pool? Thanks!!!

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it...does anyone know the current pool hours? Also, what are the least and most busy times at the pool? Thanks!!!

I haven’t seen a direct report from BWI to confirm this but starting last week it seems most or all of the feature pool hours across property moved to 10am-11pm (was previously 10am-10pm).

I haven’t seen a direct report from BWI to confirm this but starting last week it seems most or all of the feature pool hours across property moved to 10am-11pm (was previously 10am-10pm).
Yep, we were at BWV from March 22-26 and the pool hours were 10 am to 11 pm. We didn’t experience a capacity closing, but we only went right at the 10 am opening.

Going to have a large group (three families) in the villas for the 4th of July week. Up to 20 people. Was thinking, since restaurants aren’t taking large groups at the moment, maybe we could have a dining alternative in the Grand Villa? Maybe a bunch of appys? It would be for my niece’s sweet 16 - she chose a WDW vacation instead of a big party.

Curious if anyone has any experience with that or any suggestions...

Going to have a large group (three families) in the villas for the 4th of July week. Up to 20 people. Was thinking, since restaurants aren’t taking large groups at the moment, maybe we could have a dining alternative in the Grand Villa? Maybe a bunch of appys? It would be for my niece’s sweet 16 - she chose a WDW vacation instead of a big party.

Curious if anyone has any experience with that or any suggestions...
With 20 people in your GV (I'm guessing that's where you are staying), please consider your neighbors who might not be up to the noise and crowd of so many people in the villa.

With 20 people in your GV (I'm guessing that's where you are staying), please consider your neighbors who might not be up to the noise and crowd of so many people in the villa.

There will only be 12 people in my GV - the rest are staying in other villas. I’m also thinking it will be around 6-8 pm or even 5-7pm (not usual sleeping hours).

Doubtful we’ll be making that much noise 😉

I have always stayed on the Inn side of the resort, but with the closure considering a stay on the villa side, and debating between the Riviera resort and the BW villas studio rooms for two adults. Does anyone have experience with the couch pull-out bed at the BW villas and the pull-down at Riviera? Are they comfortable and easy to set-up?

The traveling party is two adult females.

We would like to stay at either resort due to being able to walk to two parks or take the Skyliner to two parks with the current situation - decrease time on Disney transportation.

Thanks for any advice.

I have always stayed on the Inn side of the resort, but with the closure considering a stay on the villa side, and debating between the Riviera resort and the BW villas studio rooms for two adults. Does anyone have experience with the couch pull-out bed at the BW villas and the pull-down at Riviera? Are they comfortable and easy to set-up?

We would like to stay at either resort due to being able to walk to two parks or take the Skyliner to two parks with the current situation - decrease time on Disney transportation.

Thanks for any advice.
My daughters slept on the pull out couch during our stay in July. Our oldest is 5'5". She said it was fine but nothing to brag about.

Thanks for any advice.

The pulldown bed in the Riviera Tower Studios is very comfortable - nice mattress. It's also very easy to pull down from the wall: much more convenient than a sofa bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter