Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

@Club Level Mouseketeer

This was our room in the 3rd floor. We were right over Abracadarbar. The bed was very comfortable, as were the sofa & chairs.

View attachment 776973View attachment 776974View attachment 776975View attachment 776976View attachment 776977

View attachment 776971View attachment 776972
Fantastic view! Could you see the television easily from the sofa? I like to watch tv briefly right before going to bed but I don't like watching from the bed. So many Disney resort rooms are set up so that you have to be in or on the bed to see the tv. I don't like that.

Fantastic view! Could you see the television easily from the sofa? I like to watch tv briefly right before going to bed but I don't like watching from the bed. So many Disney resort rooms are set up so that you have to be in or on the bed to see the tv. I don't like that.

There are actually 2 TVs, 1 across from the bed & 1 across from the sofa. It was great! I didn’t get a picture of that one, but you can see it in the picture @Minnie1222 posted on the previous page.

And watching the Boardwalk act right from our balcony

View attachment 776978
Thank you both so much for posting pics of the Deluxe rooms!! So excited about snagging this room for Jollywood/Xmas! Although that is a ridiculous amount of space since it’s my 2 solo days at the beginning. Still, it’s cheaper since I can’t get the discount on a standard CL room. Guess I’ll just have to suffer!

Edited to fix ridiculous typos;).

Last edited:
It’s possible they are referring more to the exterior, as opposed to the interior of the resort. As a lifelong Jersey girl, I think they nailed it. 😊 Maybe these will help you visualize a bit. Hope they help!

View attachment 776957View attachment 776958
View attachment 776962

Using @Minnie1222 ’s pic above for comparison…
View attachment 776963
Thank you mrsap for these photos. I do agree the exterior of BWI looks great.

I was referring to the interior. Another poster commented that he/she/they appreciated the less darker color and shading of the rooms. And that's a fair point. One of the reasons I said the room isn't ugly, is because I like the color schemes.

I wasn't getting the turn of the century Boardwalk story from the room tour I watched. I could be the person in the wrong here, and I fully admit it. I've said repeatedly, I'm not in any shape or form an interior decorator or have fashion sense or an eye for this stuff.

I just looked at the curtain details and the wall "sticker" by the coffee area and I just didn't get a real turn of the century Boardwalk vibe. I thought there would be a carousel throw pillow or a lamp with salt water taffy theming, tokens embedded in the bed frame, or an artist rendering of the Fab 5 riding a surrey bike. Something in the interior that helps tell this story a bit better? That being said the artwork that is hanging looks nice. Again, nothing outrageous or ugly.

I'm happy for all those folks that love the change. Truly. I'm still not ruling out staying here at our next WDW vacation, but it will have to be a family decision.

Thank you mrsap for these photos. I do agree the exterior of BWI looks great.

I was referring to the interior. Another poster commented that he/she/they appreciated the less darker color and shading of the rooms. And that's a fair point. One of the reasons I said the room isn't ugly, is because I like the color schemes.

I wasn't getting the turn of the century Boardwalk story from the room tour I watched. I could be the person in the wrong here, and I fully admit it. I've said repeatedly, I'm not in any shape or form an interior decorator or have fashion sense or an eye for this stuff.

I just looked at the curtain details and the wall "sticker" by the coffee area and I just didn't get a real turn of the century Boardwalk vibe. I thought there would be a carousel throw pillow or a lamp with salt water taffy theming, tokens embedded in the bed frame, or an artist rendering of the Fab 5 riding a surrey bike. Something in the interior that helps tell this story a bit better? That being said the artwork that is hanging looks nice. Again, nothing outrageous or ugly.

I'm happy for all those folks that love the change. Truly. I'm still not ruling out staying here at our next WDW vacation, but it will have to be a family decision.
Yeah, I hear ya and I get what you’re saying. I’m just trying to point out where they did do things right and captured that vibe. I will admit, I do not love the rooms. However, I personally think that’s a minor detail in the grand scheme of things that the rooms are not exactly “turn of the century style.” I’m not sure I’d want them to be! They definitely captured the old style Jersey Boardwalk look and feel outdoors. I know you feel strongly about this, but to me it’s a minor detail. The rest of the resort makes up for it. I promise!!! I’ll be honest, we thought we’d have no interest in Boardwalk, but one year it became available, so we booked it. We love it and stay at least 1-2 times a year for extended stays!! Give it a chance!! You might love it too!! 😊

Yeah, I hear ya and I get what you’re saying. I’m just trying to point out where they did do things right and captured that vibe. I will admit, I do not love the rooms. However, I personally think that’s a minor detail in the grand scheme of things that the rooms are not exactly “turn of the century style.” I’m not sure I’d want them to be! They definitely captured the old style Jersey Boardwalk look and feel outdoors. I know you feel strongly about this, but to me it’s a minor detail. The rest of the resort makes up for it. I promise!!! I’ll be honest, we thought we’d have no interest in Boardwalk, but one year it became available, so we booked it. We love it and stay at least 1-2 times a year for extended stays!! Give it a chance!! You might love it too!! 😊
Well if a jersey girl says I may love it, then I should listen. My favorite Aunt is a jersey girl too. So, good company.

Well if a jersey girl says I may love it, then I should listen. My favorite Aunt is a jersey girl too. So, good company.
Love that! 🥰 Think it over, watch some resort videos and see how your family feels!! Go with your gut! You want to be happy on vacation, too! Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Lots of knowledgeable Diser’s on this thread! Good luck deciding!!!

What is the guest policy for the pool? I have a room reservation for my family of 5 so I'm not able to add anyone to the reservation. My cousin and her family (3 people) live in Orlando and I want to see them and the most convenient option is for them to spend the afternoon with us at the pool. Is this allowed? I know Stormalong bay is very strict and the last time we were there you needed to scan in to get wrist bands but wasn't sure how strict they were at the Boardwalk.

Last edited:
What is the guest policy for the pool? I have a room reservation for my family of 5 so I'm not able to add anyone to the reservation. My cousin and her family (3 people) live in Orlando and I want to see them and the most convenient option is for them to spend the afternoon with us at the pool. Is this allowed?
Nope. Maybe plan an afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon?

What is the guest policy for the pool? I have a room reservation for my family of 5 so I'm not able to add anyone to the reservation. My cousin and her family (3 people) live in Orlando and I want to see them and the most convenient option is for them to spend the afternoon with us at the pool. Is this allowed? I know Stormalong bay is very strict and the last time we were there you needed to scan in to get wrist bands but wasn't sure how strict they were at the Boardwalk.

All WDW pools are for registered guests only. Besides a water park, maybe meet for lunch somewhere. There are tables on the boardwalk where you,could hang out. You could get pizza from the window or sandwiches from the deli. Or met up at Disney Springs for a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter