Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

First trip in a few weeks and now that I have a lot of the big stuff figured out, I’m working on strategy and have a few questions:

- Staying in a preferred room. I know I won’t know the building until I’m there but for those that have stayed, is there much of a difference between the bus stops at the islands themselves and the main one at OPR? Depending on the building it looks like it might actually be a shorter walk to OPR than the one for the island.

- In looking at the map, the OPR bus stop has three sequestered shelters. Is this for the different parks or is one for parks, one internal, and one Disney springs, etc? I tried to look on Google Streetview and there’s a bus in the way in the closest views of the shelters.

- Regarding the second floor of the buildings. Do the “hallways” extend all the way around the building or do they come to a complete stop. Meaning, if I wanted to get up to my room on the second floor, can I take any staircase up?

As I understand it, they leave one or two buckets empty at CBR every so many buckets so that there will be empties at Riviera on a regular basis.
So if I’m staying at Aruba 56 I can catch the skyline at riviera which will take me to the cbr skyline do not get off and stay on to Hollywood studios?

Is there ice machines in each of the blocks? Or do you have to use the coke machines for ice and water

Sorry if I’m asking obvious questions but I’m trying to work out things for my big family holiday from Ireland. It’s been 23 years since I was in Disney world

So if I’m staying at Aruba 56 I can catch the skyline at riviera which will take me to the cbr skyline do not get off and stay on to Hollywood studios?
Unfortunately, you have to get off at CBR skyline station regardless. it's the Riviera one you can bypass if you get on at CBR and are going to Epcot.

Better to at least make clear which is the highest priority. If connecting rooms is the most important, stress that. If Building 45 is the most important, stress that.
Do you make room requests when you check in online or do you call? What is most effective?

Do you make room requests when you check in online or do you call? What is most effective?

I have a touring plans subscription and use their service. The requests for online check-in are not that specific.

Nope. You can get on for Epcot at Riviera. If you get on at Riviera for Studios, you'll have to get off at CBR and get in the Studios line. Better to walk to the CBR hub for Studios.

I phoned housekeeping and they sent someone to replace them!

did you request your room when you 'check in' online or did you call the resort? I never felt a room request was as important as this is. Thanks!

I have a touring plans subscription and use their service. The requests for online check-in are not that specific.
Has anyone else used touring plans? I too have a subscription but have always gone through WDW.

Is there a post with estimated walking times around CBR? Ex. from Skyliner to Skyliner, Lobby to Jamaica? How often do the internal busses come around? Do they stop at the regular stops at each village?

Aruba 51 & 52 and Jamaica 44 & 45. Trying to determine which to request for second floor standard room. Any of these buildings better/worse than the others? We want to be close to footbridge to main pool, CBR food court, Riviera. We are doing one HS day and one EPCOT day so proximity to one skyliner or the other probably doesn't matter? Does everyone request 45 and 51 making my chances of getting 52 better?

Aruba 51 & 52 and Jamaica 44 & 45. Trying to determine which to request for second floor standard room. Any of these buildings better/worse than the others? We want to be close to footbridge to main pool, CBR food court, Riviera. We are doing one HS day and one EPCOT day so proximity to one skyliner or the other probably doesn't matter? Does everyone request 45 and 51 making my chances of getting 52 better?

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are our favorite locations. Can't go wrong with either of them.

Is there a post with estimated walking times around CBR? Ex. from Skyliner to Skyliner, Lobby to Jamaica? How often do the internal busses come around? Do they stop at the regular stops at each village?
I've not seen a post but you can go to google maps and do walking directions from the lobby to different bus stops/skyliner stops, etc. It's pretty accurate assuming you aren't speed walking or super slow. You can drop pins all around the resort to get an idea.

The bus times are all over the place. Which I guess it's fairly standard for Disney now. We stayed for a week this last time. Sometimes it was maybe 5 min before we'd see a bus or it would be 30-40 min for a bus. Just varies is all I can say. The buses do stop at each depot within CBR.

I've not seen a post but you can go to google maps and do walking directions from the lobby to different bus stops/skyliner stops, etc. It's pretty accurate assuming you aren't speed walking or super slow. You can drop pins all around the resort to get an idea.

The bus times are all over the place. Which I guess it's fairly standard for Disney now. We stayed for a week this last time. Sometimes it was maybe 5 min before we'd see a bus or it would be 30-40 min for a bus. Just varies is all I can say. The buses do stop at each depot within CBR.
Thanks so much. Never even thought of Google maps!! Great idea!

Thanks so much. Never even thought of Google maps!! Great idea!

Also, if you’re looking for a good satellite view, Bing Maps is far superior to Google. (I know, don’t flame me for saying that Bing is better than Google. It’s JUST better for the satellite views of WDW.) The Riviera and other areas of the parks (Skyliner, Galaxy’s Edge, etc.) are all complete on Bing, whereas they are in various stages of construction on Google.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter