Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I really wish they'd just make a separate category for rooms that sleep 5 (aka rooms with a daybed!). I'm very curious about them making the CL SV rooms all rooms for 4 (that's the category we've had the most often with a daybed). Also, thanks for posting you once had a YC CL LV room with a daybed because that's the category I have booked for July, so it gives me a little hope!

Plus it's curious that it still lists the possible daybed in the room descriptions. I agree about a bookable 5 room! Now that I'm heading into the teenage years, I'd rather pay more for 1 CL room that sleeps 5 than to pay for two non-CL (or moderate) rooms to accommodate us.

Yes, here's the view from our room! We had so much fun on that balcony! One night, we were having so much fun out there that we ditched our plans to go to Epcot and we hung out there all night! Right into desserts and cordials! And look, there's our friend Kim Crawford! :wave2:

YCclub.jpg

Plus it's curious that it still lists the possible daybed in the room descriptions. I agree about a bookable 5 room! Now that I'm heading into the teenage years, I'd rather pay more for 1 CL room that sleeps 5 than to pay for two non-CL (or moderate) rooms to accommodate us.

Yes, here's the view from our room! We had so much fun on that balcony! One night, we were having so much fun out there that we ditched our plans to go to Epcot and we hung out there all night! Right into desserts and cordials! And look, there's our friend Kim Crawford! :wave2:

View attachment 374224

What a lovely view!!! I don’t blame you!!!!

Thank you!!! We are looking forward to it!! After watching videos on YouTube, my kids got really excited!!!! We will be staying with our DVC points during that trip, so my kids are very excited about the community center! So much for them to do there! My DD is creeped out by the pool, but my DS is so excited about the slide, he doesn’t even care about the clown! Only six more months to go...
I finally tried the slide in Sept ! It was my 3rd bwi stay without ever getting to a pool let alone the slide! So I MADE dd go with lol. It was fun too!

WOW :eek:, those are some amazingly low rates! Wondering if it’s worth it to upgrade my park ticket for our trip in 27 days :dancer: to an AP!
@mickeynut1 , we are considering either booking a BB for early December or keeping fingers crossed for another 35% discount for early spring 2020, so the AP MIGHT work out, but with SWGE coming out, we don't know if 1. Early December is an insane time to go, and 2. Early spring will see the same discounts given that SWGE will have recently opened. So I'm very torn about upgrading to an AP! Any insight is appreciated!
Edited to add: Our upcoming trip is only three park days, so it would cost me $600 to upgrade to an AP, and of course I'd be restricted to make the trip within the next calendar year.
If you can get 2 trips on 1 AP it's often a great option. Provided you aren't hooked on free dining.
What some do is book say, a trip in August in one year and then a trip in July in the next year. That gives you 2 years, 2 trips, one AP. Then they'll hold off renewing and buy another the following year and repeat.

@mickeynut1 , we are considering either booking a BB for early December or keeping fingers crossed for another 35% discount for early spring 2020, so the AP MIGHT work out, but with SWGE coming out, we don't know if 1. Early December is an insane time to go, and 2. Early spring will see the same discounts given that SWGE will have recently opened. So I'm very torn about upgrading to an AP! Any insight is appreciated!
Edited to add: Our upcoming trip is only three park days, so it would cost me $600 to upgrade to an AP, and of course I'd be restricted to make the trip within the next calendar year.

I kept going back and forth and waited until the last possible minute to upgrade to an AP last May...lol. I did have another trip in Sept which made the decision a little easier, but I was concerned about getting my use out of it for the cost. One thing that really helped was the dining & merchandise discounts (didn't have AP discount on the room for either trip, general public discount for May and TA discount for Sept)). Dining was 10% and merchandise was 20%, so my AP pretty much paid for itself on just 2 trips (and I still have 5 months left to go). Now to decide whether or not to renew come June :scratchin.

Thank you!!! We are looking forward to it!! After watching videos on YouTube, my kids got really excited!!!! We will be staying with our DVC points during that trip, so my kids are very excited about the community center! So much for them to do there! My DD is creeped out by the pool, but my DS is so excited about the slide, he doesn’t even care about the clown! Only six more months to go...

You're welcome! I agree, so much to do there. I think you'll have a great time :).

Yes, here's the view from our room! We had so much fun on that balcony! One night, we were having so much fun out there that we ditched our plans to go to Epcot and we hung out there all night! Right into desserts and cordials!

Great view! I think I'd be able to sit there all night, too :goodvibes.

If you can get 2 trips on 1 AP it's often a great option. Provided you aren't hooked on free dining.
What some do is book say, a trip in August in one year and then a trip in July in the next year. That gives you 2 years, 2 trips, one AP. Then they'll hold off renewing and buy another the following year and repeat.

Thanks for your reply, @AngiTN ! I love that strategy; it makes a lot of sense! We aren't interested in free dining, just the room only discounts. However the general public room discounts of 35% were so close to AP discounts this year for our upcoming February trip, and of course the BB room discounts are up to 30%, as well. All things to consider, as we don't anticipate coming more than once per year (although I can see how your strategy could work for that, just trying to work out the numbers!). :thanks:

View attachment 374224

LOVE it! We had a CL LV room like that at the BC once (same type of view) and we absolutely loved it. Now I'm blanking if it actually had a daybed. My kids might've still been very young and we didn't care about the daybed, so I didn't pay attention back then. In any event, let's keep this thread updated as we gather more info on the CL bookable 5 room situation. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

View attachment 374224

…..and the food also looks SO good!!

What a lovely view!!! I don’t blame you!!!!

I finally tried the slide in Sept ! It was my 3rd bwi stay without ever getting to a pool let alone the slide! So I MADE dd go with lol. It was fun too!

Great view! I think I'd be able to sit there all night, too :goodvibes.

I love that BWI slide! I really enjoyed that entire pool area!

Yes - there was some kind of reception going on below for a while, so some solid people watching. We had a lot of laughs - one of my favorite memories of that trip!

LOVE it! We had a CL LV room like that at the BC once (same type of view) and we absolutely loved it. Now I'm blanking if it actually had a daybed. My kids might've still been very young and we didn't care about the daybed, so I didn't pay attention back then. In any event, let's keep this thread updated as we gather more info on the CL bookable 5 room situation. :thumbsup2

…..and the food also looks SO good!!

The view at night was gorgeous! And we saw the Dark Side runners go by early one morning! I didn't think about the extra bed thing either but it's more of an issue now! I guess there are always the deluxe rooms too! I'm glad we're doing the CR next week - definitely a day bed there!

The food was fantastic! I'd give the edge to BWI since they have the chef on site preparing dishes, but it really was great!

So all-in-all, a great NYE Poly CL trip. Saw several familiar faces among CL and Mousekeeping CMs, which is always nice. Poly CL has a large room count and serves a lot of guests - CMs were working hard clearing the tables, keeping things replenished, etc. We didn't experience any food shortages. We did have a few instances where the lounge was full and we had to take our plates to the third floor - this will happen from time to time. We did have one morning where table clearing seemed to take a long time.

We've 'cheated' on Poly with a few other resorts this past year, but it was very refreshing to be back. I never get tired of the location, the lounge, the resort amenities, the fireworks views, etc. Poly/Poly CL isn't the right choice for everyone, but for us it's a great resort and CL combination for our kids and individual Disney vacationing style.

Happy to answer any questions on anything I might not have covered!

Really my only question is can you remind me why I booked CR for next week? j/k! :rotfl2:

You really paint a picture with those pictures - beautiful! Looks like such a great trip!

I just recently did some calculations on this. From what I could figure, I would save between $900-1200 on a 9 night stay at AKL for 2 trips (I just chose AKL because that is where we are staying next). I was doing my calculations based on current room discounts and current reported AP discounts. I was also comparing a base ticket to an AP. I realize the AP is a hopper, so that would be an additional savings. I didn’t factor in food, merchandise, or memory maker savings either. From this it seems like a huge cost savings in the long run.
Question: if I have a reservation including park tickets, can I upgrade to an AP when we arrive and still get the AP discount on the room? That would give me more time to set aside the money for 4 APs.

My recollection is that there were a couple of chafing dishes with hot items, and then a large selection of cold salads and small cold dishes (like the shrimp dish) and such. The salads were excellent.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Question: if I have a reservation including park tickets, can I upgrade to an AP when we arrive and still get the AP discount on the room? That would give me more time to set aside the money for 4 APs.

Yes. You have to call to book it since you won't be able to see prices/book online, but you can book without having a current AP. Sometimes they ask to see the AP at check in, but if you will be upgrading your park tickets upon arrival, you should have 24 hours to return to the front desk and show your activated AP :).

Thank you! :goodvibes

Yes. You have to call to book it since you won't be able to see prices/book online, but you can book without having a current AP. Sometimes they ask to see the AP at check in, but if you will be upgrading your park tickets upon arrival, you should have 24 hours to return to the front desk and show your activated AP :).
Thanks for the response! Sounds like a no brainer for my family since we are hooked on Disney!

Hi enjoying following this thread leading up to our resort only stay at AKL club level. Thanks to everyone posting about the discounts that came out for the rooms I was able to look into it for us. I was getting nervous I might have to cancel but after talking with guest services they were able to give me the summer room discount. I never thought that the savanna view club level would be included. I saved about $200.00 for the one night.:banana: I am just so excited that I can give this part of my daughter's graduation gift to her. She is going to be so excited. We love staying club level and can't wait to try this one. I will be following along to keep updates on menu items and the lounge.

I am trying so hard to keep this a surprise from her. We are staying off site doing Sea World parks. She thinks we are going to check out and go home from the Vistana. I can't wait to see her face when I drive over to AKL:goodvibes:jumping1:

Hi enjoying following this thread leading up to our resort only stay at AKL club level. Thanks to everyone posting about the discounts that came out for the rooms I was able to look into it for us. I was getting nervous I might have to cancel but after talking with guest services they were able to give me the summer room discount. I never thought that the savanna view club level would be included. I saved about $200.00 for the one night.:banana: I am just so excited that I can give this part of my daughter's graduation gift to her. She is going to be so excited. We love staying club level and can't wait to try this one. I will be following along to keep updates on menu items and the lounge.

I am trying so hard to keep this a surprise from her. We are staying off site doing Sea World parks. She thinks we are going to check out and go home from the Vistana. I can't wait to see her face when I drive over to AKL:goodvibes:jumping1:

What a nice surprise!! Hope you all enjoy it! PS - we’ve stayed at the Vistana before, it’s a beautiful resort! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter