Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yeah, I did the math....they adjusted the price to non club level.

That Disney makes their guests play detective to figure out what is going on is ridiculous. The very least they could do is send an email saying this is what we did, this is why, and here’s the price difference.

Guest communication during all this has been abysmal. They’ve never been good at it, but they’re taking it to whole new level these days. And yes, I’ve written too.

As a side note, my YC CL reservation is unchanged.

That Disney makes their guests play detective to figure out what is going on is ridiculous. The very least they could do is send an email saying this is what we did, this is why, and here’s the price difference.

Guest communication during all this has been abysmal. They’ve never been good at it, but they’re taking it to whole new level these days. And yes, I’ve written too.

As a side note, my YC CL reservation is unchanged.

But.....why? Why did they do it? Not one of the four people I talked to knew. There should at least be some internal note. They know I didn't change it because it changed while the reservation system was down. They don't know if it was an accident when they took off my dining plan (cuz there probably aren't a lot of us who had both) or intentional

But.....why? Why did they do it? Not one of the four people I talked to knew. There should at least be some internal note. They know I didn't change it because it changed while the reservation system was down. They don't know if it was an accident when they took off my dining plan (cuz there probably aren't a lot of us who had both) or intentional
Disney told at least one of their biggest TAs they would be closing all CLs due to COVID last week. Up until today it was just a rumor floating through Facebook for everyone else (everyone else being large majority of Disney TAs and all Disney clients who weren’t that agency’s). Now it is not after what happened to you. There is zero excuse for how they have treated you and your reservation but I would not waste any more time on the phone trying to fix it or learn why. I believe it’s a done deal.

I’m so sorry you lost your DDP + CL (and no I definitely don’t judge! Sounds awesome!)

I am sure they will not be offering CL but I bet your change was a mistake. I can't imagine they would remove club level without letting you know. But as PP said - I am sure it is a done deal.

Well I am gonna play this out and follow through...what else do I have to do during this work from home COVID quarantine LOL! I haven't gotten a call back yet...but will wait to see if I do tomorrow and if I don't I will call again.

I think I should at least get an answer. They all said they can see I HAD club level access and that it changed to non club level during the time period people could not modify their reservations, so they know that they modified it, not me.

I will keep you all posted! It's not a deal breaker for us, but I was looking forward to it. Not even the food (clearly, LOL, since I had the dining plan...) I was in it for the fast passes! But help rebooking dining would be nice...ah well

Keeping an eye on my DVC-CL reservations for December (they're broken into seperate dates and I needed to call to have them stitched together). Got a repeat text message from Disney out of the blue yesterday re-iterating that things have changed with my room, but when I look it all seems the same.

If they change my reservation on me, so help me I'll bring out Mr. Angry Eyes.

Can they change a DVC club level reservation? Is that allowed in our contract? How would that work? Do they just lower the points that you spent? I have DVC CL booked for August. Partly with 2018 banked points and partly with 2019 points. It took me forever to put together that reservation, starting at 11 months out. Booked it one night at a time, with waitlists and by stalking the DVC website for months. I don't really want the points credited back to me if they do indeed change my room category because I can't use the banked points in time. And the only reason I'm staying at AKL is for the club level. Otherwise I would have moved to a different resort at 7 months. Can I borrow your angry eyes?!

Does anyone know when/if Club Level will be brought back? We moved our May 2020 BC CL to May 2021 BC CL (did the change at the end of April). Do you guys think this reservation will be changed as well, or have they only stopped CL for 2020? I’m very surprised that they are making such big changes for so far into the future when the pandemic trajectory could very well change later this year— possibly improve.

Can they change a DVC club level reservation? Is that allowed in our contract? How would that work? Do they just lower the points that you spent? I have DVC CL booked for August. Partly with 2018 banked points and partly with 2019 points. It took me forever to put together that reservation, starting at 11 months out. Booked it one night at a time, with waitlists and by stalking the DVC website for months. I don't really want the points credited back to me if they do indeed change my room category because I can't use the banked points in time. And the only reason I'm staying at AKL is for the club level. Otherwise I would have moved to a different resort at 7 months. Can I borrow your angry eyes?!
Oh yes, you may need them before me.

No idea what their rules are for changing our reservations, the cast members will do their best for us.
In all honesty, I know I'll be happy wherever we are, it's Disney after all and we're quite blessed to even be considering a trip.

Probably better asked on the DVC forum?

Humm. I mean, I guess if they’re not offering CL services, they HAVE to either refund you the difference in points or offer to move you as a courtesy! And I don’t blame you, because I prefer to be at either an Epcot or MK resort, but for CL, I’d be fine staying miles away 😂 Definitely call them to ask, they’ve been answering pretty quickly when I’ve called. See what they say. Good luck!!

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like 30 days + your length of stay maybe? I can't get mine to come up yet!

Mine was available until 6/1 yesterday and 6/2 this morning. And when I'm in MDE it has grayed out my future stay dates.. so I'm assuming I'll be able to start making reservations on 6/4 for my 8/4 arrival! At least for the Disney Springs restaurants?

Mine was available until 6/1 yesterday and 6/2 this morning. And when I'm in MDE it has grayed out my future stay dates.. so I'm assuming I'll be able to start making reservations on 6/4 for my 8/4 arrival! At least for the Disney Springs restaurants?

View attachment 498745

Yes, that's the way it's currently working it seems. Although FYI, your 60 day is 6/5, not 6/4.

Does anyone know when/if Club Level will be brought back? We moved our May 2020 BC CL to May 2021 BC CL (did the change at the end of April). Do you guys think this reservation will be changed as well, or have they only stopped CL for 2020? I’m very surprised that they are making such big changes for so far into the future when the pandemic trajectory could very well change later this year— possibly improve.
I see you didn't get any answers to your questions. To be clear, nothing is official from Disney at this point that CL is being suspended. We've heard rumors on both sides of the coin where a Disney rep advised a TA that it would be suspended and also a Disney rep that is saying that they are trying to make it work. So, everything is just speculation at this point; nobody knows for sure. Personally, I can see both sides of the argument.

The AKL CL reservation that is discussed above was altered because of the removal of the dining plan; it wasn't targeted to remove the CL parameter. Now, its quite possible that since they were removing the dining plan, they also took the opportunity to remove the CL portion because they know it's being suspended (although not officially announced yet), but that is complete speculation at this point. FWIW, I also have a CL reservation at AKL that occurs in August (earlier than the one discussed above) and NO changes have been made. I also have 2 other CL reservations at different resorts (proactively made in case one of the resorts I chose is not opening) that I will be changing that have also NOT been altered at this point. In short, I suspect official information will be forthcoming soon as Disney sorts everything out, but until then, I would just monitor the boards as it will immediately be posted once something is released.

Still curious about my poly cl stay 7/16-19. I saw my dining res at CG was canceled last week or before(time kinda blends....). I only today got the email saying all dining is getting canceled and therefore your dining has been too.

At this rate I may not know what’s going on until we show up lol.

I see you didn't get any answers to your questions. To be clear, nothing is official from Disney at this point that CL is being suspended. We've heard rumors on both sides of the coin where a Disney rep advised a TA that it would be suspended and also a Disney rep that is saying that they are trying to make it work. So, everything is just speculation at this point; nobody knows for sure. Personally, I can see both sides of the argument.

The AKL CL reservation that is discussed above was altered because of the removal of the dining plan; it wasn't targeted to remove the CL parameter. Now, its quite possible that since they were removing the dining plan, they also took the opportunity to remove the CL portion because they know it's being suspended (although not officially announced yet), but that is complete speculation at this point. FWIW, I also have a CL reservation at AKL that occurs in August (earlier than the one discussed above) and NO changes have been made. I also have 2 other CL reservations at different resorts (proactively made in case one of the resorts I chose is not opening) that I will be changing that have also NOT been altered at this point. In short, I suspect official information will be forthcoming soon as Disney sorts everything out, but until then, I would just monitor the boards as it will immediately be posted once something is released.

I am the one whose CL was removed--and that is just a guess as to why it was removed, no one can tell me why it was removed yet. I have talked to four people so far and no one knows. They were supposed to call me back when they figured it out, which they haven't yet. I called again and am currently on hold with a "more than 30 minute wait" to talk to someone so I don't know if I will stick it out, but I will keep you posted.

Yes nothing official has been announced yet and I am just guessing...as we all are.

I am the one whose CL was removed--and that is just a guess as to why it was removed, no one can tell me why it was removed yet. I have talked to four people so far and no one knows. They were supposed to call me back when they figured it out, which they haven't yet. I called again and am currently on hold with a "more than 30 minute wait" to talk to someone so I don't know if I will stick it out, but I will keep you posted.

Yes nothing official has been announced yet and I am just guessing...as we all are.
Yes, I didn't want to tag/bother you as I was just trying to explain what had happened so far. IMO, the fact that there isn't some memo or directive that the upper level CMs have in front of them leads to me lean on the side of operator error while altering your dining plan as the reason for the removal of your CL. That could just be wishful thinking on may part also :). It just seems like once you got past the front-line CM, if a directive was in place, one of those higher-ups should have had that knowledge at this point. We shall see. Thank you for keeping us posted!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter