Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I just made a reservation for AKL Club Level access for August 27th. After reading about reopening of the club level lounges it looks like AKL club does not have an opening date. Does anyone know if it is opening early or is it an error

I just made a reservation for AKL Club Level access for August 27th. After reading about reopening of the club level lounges it looks like AKL club does not have an opening date. Does anyone know if it is opening early or is it an error
I am also booked for October

I feel like it’s been available too long to be an error at this point. You should be safe! Now if the Poly will just follow suit…

Hi all, can anyone help post where the CL Premium view rooms are at Grand Californian? I just booked it for for the end of August and haven't been able to figure out where in the hotel these rooms are located. Also has anyone actually had any experience with the club since it reopened? Is there still make your own donuts?

I actually just came in here to see if someone else had seen this because I hadn't read it anywhere! I am at WDW for 4 nights solo starting Aug 30 and though my CL dreams had been dashed. Now, AKL is my least favorite, and I hate being so far from all the parks, but I might just have to switch from BWI for it.

Do the 1 bedroom/2 bedroom suites at BC/YC come with CL and additional FP purchase option? Or did it previously? (I am aware they have not yet released an opening date.) TIA

(and also aware no FP yet, and no mention of whether paid FP either. Pure speculation for the outrageous prices :)

Do the 1 bedroom/2 bedroom suites at BC/YC come with CL and additional FP purchase option? Or did it previously? (I am aware they have not yet released an opening date.) TIA

Yea, suites have traditionally been a “CL” room category, and yes, suite guests were eligible for the extra FP purchase when that program was running.

If you don’t know this, most suites at YC and BC are not physically on the CL floor, they are in various spots around the resorts. Some can be a bit of a hike to the lounge, if a concern for you.

Yea, suites have traditionally been a “CL” room category, and yes, suite guests were eligible for the extra FP purchase when that program was running.

If you don’t know this, most suites at YC and BC are not physically on the CL floor, they are in various spots around the resorts. Some can be a bit of a hike to the lounge, if a concern for you.

Thank you!

Since you guys are my go to, any restaurants anyone loves at Universal?

Also, what do you guys do on party/after hours days. Deciding if I want to go easy or do a morning park and rest prior. I'm so confused! I have some contingency restaurants booked but with park passes I want to nail it down. I was going to have the boo bash day be my husband's golf day but he said too long of a day and he'll be too tired. He wants to golf the following day🤷‍♀️. Our event ends at 1230 and my kids are night owls.

So I've been taking my nephews to DW every summer for the past 12 years, with the exception of last year due to covid. We've always stayed CL at BWI, WL, and BC. We're were planning a trip the first week of September this year with the hopes that CL would return by then. It looks like that isn't going to happen so now we're thinking of holding off until next summer. It seems like without CL and FP it won't be the experience that we're used to. Plus I feel like since there's going to be so much more to see next summer with the 50th anniversary, we shouldn't bother going until all the new stuff is up and running.

So I've been taking my nephews to DW every summer for the past 12 years, with the exception of last year due to covid. We've always stayed CL at BWI, WL, and BC. We're were planning a trip the first week of September this year with the hopes that CL would return by then. It looks like that isn't going to happen so now we're thinking of holding off until next summer. It seems like without CL and FP it won't be the experience that we're used to. Plus I feel like since there's going to be so much more to see next summer with the 50th anniversary, we shouldn't bother going until all the new stuff is up and running.
If I was your nephew I would say bring me to Disneyworld in September and we can work around no CL. Maybe use this as an opportunity to stay somewhere that doesn't have CL anyway and save some money (if that is even possible now) so you can afford CL next year :jester:

Also, what do you guys do on party/after hours days. Deciding if I want to go easy or do a morning park and rest prior. I'm so confused! I have some contingency restaurants booked but with park passes I want to nail it down. I was going to have the boo bash day be my husband's golf day but he said too long of a day and he'll be too tired. He wants to golf the following day🤷‍♀️. Our event ends at 1230 and my kids are night owls.

Sorry, can’t speak to Universal because I avoid it due to ethical reasons.

But event days are always a lazy resort/chill day for us because those are always late nights and we don’t want to wear ourselves out. When we stayed at Poly and went to MNSSHP, we rented a patio at the Oasis pool for the whole day of the party and left a bit early so we could shower and get into our costumes. We plan to do that again for Boo Bash. Before VAH I had a low key day around Disney Springs since I was staying at French Quarter that time.

The one time I ever did anything before a ticketed event was my last pre covid trip, I did the Xmas party my arrival night because it was a long weekend trip for F&W, that was the first night of the party that year and the only MK time I would have. Very exhausting day considering I came in on the 5:45am flight that morning and stayed at BC. Was super fun but not sure I’d do that again lol.

My DH & I stayed at HRH over Memorial Day and while I can't comment on any park restaurants as we didn't go into US or IOA, we had a great meal at Bubba Gumps at City Walk. The following night we went to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and while it was good, it wasn't anything fabulous (not a place I'd rush back to). My SIL said Toothsome Chocolate Emporium (also City Walk) is very good. We didn't go for dinner, but we did grab take out for dessert and that was amazing! We had a quite wait getting through the take out line, but it was worth it....LOL.

As far as party days.....we would always spend the morning/afternoon at the resort pool. We'd book a dinner ADR for around 4:30 at a MK area resort and then after dinner we'd head to MK. We usually got there around 5:30-6:00, would get our wrist bands for the party and then just do whatever until the party started at 7. Chilling for most of the day prior to a party always worked best for us because we knew we'd be up pretty late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter