Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@GuestMode, I’m sorry, that sounds like a terrible experience. It is hit or miss with other guests for sure. There have been times at YC over the years where some families seem to set up camp in the lounge. They’re there in the afternoon & there thru most of the evening. It’s one thing that always concerns me when I hear people say on the boards…. “The lounge is a great extra space to hang out in.” Except it’s not just your extra space & certainly not you living room. It’s for everyone on club level & let’s face it, we can’t all fit in there at once. Of course, when your room isn’t ready or it’s after you check out, I absolutely understand hanging in the lounge. It’s just when people treat it like their own private gathering spot for the whole trip that’s annoying.

Sometime earlier this year, I remember reading a report of guests devouring the CL foods too. I think maybe at Poly? It seemed like staff was aware & unfortunately for everyone, they seemed to be limiting how much food was being put out because of that. Stinks for everyone else. We stayed at BWI in a garden cottage once. It was also a trek to the lounge & while I don’t remember food being gone, it was hard to find a table & way too far to carry food back to the room. So we didn’t go to the lounge much either.

Terrible you didn’t get your room serviced even after you said you’d leave so they could do it.

Housekeeping just knocked in the door. Asked if we needed anything & he was told we had the room occupied sign up all day. I know we took it down this morning, but whatever. He brought us more towels, we have hardly any trash & I tossed the covers up on the bed before. I hope it’s down tomorrow tho.
I read a post recently where someone mentioned doing on camera zoom meetings in the lounge. I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes so hard!
You could be right that they stopped stocking the food because they had so many "getting our money's worth" guests that night. We will give Atrium Club a chance again in the future. Like I said, the CMs there were great to us on our arrival day. I was really flustered because we'd left our backpack in the Minnie Van and my husband's wallet was in it. Everyone was so helpful.
We love the garden cottages at BWI too. Like the garden wing suites at Contemporary, you really can't call the lounge convenient. I think the most inconvenient club lounge situation we ever had was at Beach Club back when their deluxe rooms came with club access. I literally got lost one morning going for coffee. I swear it required two different elevators to get to the lounge from our room, but I might be piling on in hindsight. It was bad. I guess that's why those rooms are no longer club rooms.

Hello! I tried to do a search but I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know the current menu rotation for AKL Kisikusiku/Twilight offerings?

My daughter loves the butter chicken and falafel nights and I'm hoping they will be offered during our stay. We will be there on a Sunday-Thursday.

Does anyone know where I can find a link or current review? Thanks :-)

As another person pointed out, there could be fair amount of travel time involved to make use the CL. If you are going to Epcot though, and willing to walk to BC, and have 4 people (I think that's what you said) then yes, you can get $100 of value. That's just $25 per person.

On my most recent BC stay, they had Mickey Bars and similar ice cream. On top of that, you can get a round of soft drinks or beer/wine. If so, then you could easily get over $50 just getting ice cream and beer/soft drinks:

Mickey bars $6 plus tax for 4 people (= $27ish), 2 beers (= about $22ish), and 2 soft drinks (= about $10.60) that comes to almost $60!

If you also get breakfast, and appetizers or dessert, then you can come out ahead. I would definitely choose a hotel close to Epcot.
You are right. I have no doubt we could eat or drink $100 easily. There are 4 of us. I just didn’t want to do it if it was going to waste a lot of our time mainly. It’s just a quick 4 night trip. I only hesitate because of my BIL and his wife coming with us and they’ve never been to WDW before. DH and I have been many times and we don’t feel the need to see and do everything each trip anymore since we come back often.

The family that monopolizes Club Level is such a difficult situation.
98% of guests, and I think that most of these are repeat club guests, act appropriately.
But a large family who sits all afternoon into the evening drinking and eating is awkward for
everyone. For the staff, their hands are tied. For the guests, it's a socially uncomfortable situation.
The club lounge is not the place for your family gathering. All guests should enjoy the lounge while
being mindful of time and available space.
My worst was last year at AKL lounge. There was a large family who took over the back corner
of the lounge. They were there every time we went in. They were loud. They were wearing what I will politely call
political clothing. It kind of ruined our visits to the lounge. AKL's rooms are a long walk if you are going
to bring food back to the room.

The posts today have me wondering…
We have our first club level stay coming up in August. We’re not doing the parks outside of one night at MNSSHP, we’re largely doing a laid back trip, enjoying lots of resort time. I anticipated that we’d spend a decent amount of time in the lounge - most meals, maybe some extended time in the afternoons if the weather is hot or rainy.

How do I best make sure we’re not overstaying our welcome? Is it largely a matter of not taking up space for an extended period if the Lounge is busy? I really hadn’t even considered that staying in the lounge “too long” was frowned upon.

Any advice is appreciated.

I seem to remember that post too. And thinking, if it’s not your living room, it’s not your office either.
If you’re referring to my post saying my son did a zoom class in the lounge, he was in Chronos during open lounge time, had his headphones on so as not to disturb anyone, and he was one of three people in the lounge at that time. If it’s during open hours and there is plenty of seating, and you are doing it silently, there is nothing wrong with doing some work in the lounge. The CMs were very kind to him and one brought him a coffee refill so he didn’t have to get up. Of course if someone needed a seat, he would have retreated back to the room.

We have our first club level stay coming up in August. We’re not doing the parks outside of one night at MNSSHP, we’re largely doing a laid back trip, enjoying lots of resort time. I anticipated that we’d spend a decent amount of time in the lounge - most meals, maybe some extended time in the afternoons if the weather is hot or rainy.

How do I best make sure we’re not overstaying our welcome? Is it largely a matter of not taking up space for an extended period if the Lounge is busy? I really hadn’t even considered that staying in the lounge “too long” was frowned upon.

I don’t think any staff would tell you it’s “frowned upon”. But if your group is taking up multiple tables for most of the service offerings, while others have no where to sit or emptying most of the food on platters every time they’re refilled, leaving very little for other guests, it’s rude IMO. We do laid back trips all the time. We’re mid 60s & have been coming for 30 years. But we spend most of our time in our room, not in the lounge. I personally don’t see the lounge as an extension of our room, but a public shared space. I think if you just have consideration for others, you’ll be fine.

And I’m so happy with the homemade chips. We’ve cut back on salt so the sea salted ones seemed pretty salty. But the truffle chips are great. Afternoon snacks, the same both days.

View attachment 773811View attachment 773812View attachment 773813View attachment 773814View attachment 773815View attachment 773816

Empty lounge this afternoon

View attachment 773817View attachment 773818

The only drawback so far… we got back from the park at 1:30, No housekeeping. It’s 3:45 & still no one has come. My DH is napping, & we don’t need anything really. We will need clean towels tomorrow so hopefully they’ll come then if they don’t come later today.
Our few trips have been like that too. EMPTY.

My bestie arrives tomorrow. She is awesome, make sure to say hello.

My next trip in October, we are doing the same thing Just attending the Halloween Party it doing a resort trip. Yes we will be using the lounge but we don’t overstay breakfast and light dinner options. An hour at Breakfast, an hour at Dinner. The rest of time it’s the pool or walking the boardwalk, skyliner trips, hit a few lounges. Because I am at YC, there are many more things to do other than stay in the lounge. Plus a can get beer, wine from the lounge most of the day so we also grab, some cheese, crackers, or some apps and bring them back to the room, sit on the balcony and watch the world go by. Maybe it’s different with other CL lounges.

If you’re referring to my post saying my son did a zoom class in the lounge, he was in Chronos during open lounge time, had his headphones on so as not to disturb anyone, and he was one of three people in the lounge at that time. If it’s during open hours and there is plenty of seating, and you are doing it silently, there is nothing wrong with doing some work in the lounge. The CMs were very kind to him and one brought him a coffee refill so he didn’t have to get up. Of course if someone needed a seat, he would have retreated back to the room.

Nope, I don’t think that was it. But it sounds like your family is considerate of others. That’s all
I’m saying.

I never worry. I may have been a lounge hogger, I have been a "take food to my room guest" DO what works for you and others will too.

Sometimes our room isn't ready so we have to be in the lounge, others it is going home day and again don't have a room.

Some trips its 2-4 families I know and we cant fit in a room so we go to the lounge.

It is what it is. Sometimes the lounge is full and other times its empty. I have never felt put out by staff FYI.

The family that monopolizes Club Level is such a difficult situation.
98% of guests, and I think that most of these are repeat club guests, act appropriately.
But a large family who sits all afternoon into the evening drinking and eating is awkward for
everyone. For the staff, their hands are tied. For the guests, it's a socially uncomfortable situation.
The club lounge is not the place for your family gathering. All guests should enjoy the lounge while
being mindful of time and available space.
My worst was last year at AKL lounge. There was a large family who took over the back corner
of the lounge. They were there every time we went in. They were loud. They were wearing what I will politely call
political clothing. It kind of ruined our visits to the lounge. AKL's rooms are a long walk if you are going
to bring food back to the room.
Last Chronos visit in January, a man would come in right before the 5:00pm service with a tray. As soon as they put out food, he would jump in front of people - kind of like, I just need to grab something, yet he would, literally load up his tray, leaving people to wait for the food to be replenished. He would then leave with his take. He did this for breakfast, too, but I don’t know if it was daily since we didn’t make it at open a few days. I didn’t see anyone confront him in the five days we were there. And I know someone on here has experience with someone coming into Innkeepers with a tray and snagging all the cookies at dessert time. I’ve seen all types in the lounges over the years.

My dd has had to work in the lounge. Arrival and Departure days the lounge is a blessing for people that work or in school.

Last Chronos visit in January, a man would come in right before the 5:00pm service with a tray. As soon as they put out food, he would jump in front of people - kind of like, I just need to grab something, yet he would, literally load up his tray, leaving people to wait for the food to be replenished. He would then leave with his take. He did this for breakfast, too, but I don’t know if it was daily since we didn’t make it at open a few days. I didn’t see anyone confront him in the five days we were there. And I know someone on here has experience with someone coming into Innkeepers with a tray and snagging all the cookies at dessert time. I’ve seen all types in the lounges over the years.
Well to be fair.... DD and I were at Tower Cl in March. NO ONE had the 5-7 food except us, I asked because it looked untouched.

SO that night at 9:55 I asked and TOOK alllll the COOKIES. YEP I did . My Dh and Ds loved them when I got home and there were no guests interested. It happens :)

Now that guy is well taking care of his family perhaps but to take all is a bit much.

Well to be fair.... DD and I were at Tower Cl in March. NO ONE had the 5-7 food except us, I asked because it looked untouched.

SO that night at 9:55 I asked and TOOK alllll the COOKIES. YEP I did . My Dh and Ds loved them when I got home and there were no guests interested. It happens :)

Now that guy is well taking care of his family perhaps but to take all is a bit much.
Yes, DH was with us, a rarity, and I asked him why he wasn’t going up early in the mornings and bringing breakfast back to the room for me 😆

No. It was not your son.

And it’s good you did, coz I’m sure all those cookies would have been thrown out at 10. 👍🏻 But if you act like the man @SkyGuy saw, the group @lotsohugginbear saw at AK or the groups I’ve seen taking up multiple tables & half the chairs in the YC lounge for hours while others have nowhere to sit & little to eat, yea, I’m gonna roll my eyes & judge. I know we all paid a lot for our trips. I wouldn’t want to be the person to ruin someone else’s trip.

If you're there for the duration of every breakfast and appetizer period, in my opinion it's too much. If you're sitting there languishing over your third plate and people are coming in, finding nowhere to sit, and leaving, you've been there too long. If you're using it as a bar all day long, every day, including repeatedly during periods where the alcohol is not out, I personally think that's a bit much. If you jump up and run over as new items are being brought out, to me that's just rude and crass. Hopefully just the fact that you care enough to ask means you'll know when it's "too long".
Personally, I will never understand how anyone can eat every, or most, meals in the lounge for multiple days. There's nothing there that replaces a good restaurant experience. That's just my opinion though. We enjoy table service meals on vacation a lot more than lounge bites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter