Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are back. We didn't get any pictures of the lounge evening offerings at AKL as it was just too busy and awkward with all the people around. The individual plating seemed to dissuade people from getting multiple hot appetizers so maybe Disney's plan is working (although it did not dissuade us, I just went up asked for mutiples. The Chef seemed a little taken back but we got our food). However there are still plenty of cold offerings.. cheese, a variety of hummus, veggies, some type of cold salad-- there was a chick pea one and a lentil one, etc. We always eat a large lunch and found the evening offerings to be plenty for a light dinner. We did supplement our dinner a few nights with some flatbreads to share from Mara. I thought the lounge cast members were friendlier at the Poly. They seemed to really care that the guests were well fed. Every time we were in the Poly lounge the CMs were making sure everyone had enough food, offering mutiliples of items etc. Many times they offered to wrap us up to go plates etc. Also, the Poly always had paper plates out in addition to glass plates if you wanted to take food to go. We still love AKL. It will always be our happy place. The lounge CMs were pleasant but not as outgoing as at Poly. We did have Sue at check-in at AKL who was absolutely fabulous. Moved our room location etc. There was one other younger female cast member who was pretty friendly, the others pretty much just kept to themselves. Overall we had a great trip. Now if I could just figure out how to convince Disney to put a giraffe outside my window at the Poly I would have the best of both worlds.

Thanks for your review of AKL CL. Glad you had a great time overall :).

Our first time for club level at the Grand Floridian (RPC) is approaching

Hope you have a great time! RPC is amazing with a nice lounge and gorgeous views of the grounds :wizard:.

I think it's good to price the suites first, that way the std room seems like a bargain #disneytips

Love that Disney logic ::yes::.

RPC just blows my mind!

Mine, too. RPC rates are getting pretty steep :(.

Hello all. I have noticed that a few people on this thread have expressed some dissatisfaction with service they have received from DSS. I have been working with a wonderful cast member named Michelle. She has been fantastic! Perhaps if any of you need to work with DSS, you may wish to ask for Michelle.

I worked with Michelle too and she was awesome!

Looks like @eeyore81 just had a personal experience with a CL bunk bed room. Eeyore, do you recall the room number for the BB room? This might not tell us if there's more than one CL BB room if it's the same one that TP identifies, but if it's different, we could guess that there might be two, at least.

For what it's worth, 4213 is a CL room in AKL with bunk beds. (not sure if this is the one listed in TP, but we stayed in that room in mid-May).

We are back. We didn't get any pictures of the lounge evening offerings at AKL as it was just too busy and awkward with all the people around. The individual plating seemed to dissuade people from getting multiple hot appetizers so maybe Disney's plan is working (although it did not dissuade us, I just went up asked for mutiples. The Chef seemed a little taken back but we got our food). However there are still plenty of cold offerings.. cheese, a variety of hummus, veggies, some type of cold salad-- there was a chick pea one and a lentil one, etc. We always eat a large lunch and found the evening offerings to be plenty for a light dinner. We did supplement our dinner a few nights with some flatbreads to share from Mara. I thought the lounge cast members were friendlier at the Poly. They seemed to really care that the guests were well fed. Every time we were in the Poly lounge the CMs were making sure everyone had enough food, offering mutiliples of items etc. Many times they offered to wrap us up to go plates etc. Also, the Poly always had paper plates out in addition to glass plates if you wanted to take food to go. We still love AKL. It will always be our happy place. The lounge CMs were pleasant but not as outgoing as at Poly. We did have Sue at check-in at AKL who was absolutely fabulous. Moved our room location etc. There was one other younger female cast member who was pretty friendly, the others pretty much just kept to themselves. Overall we had a great trip. Now if I could just figure out how to convince Disney to put a giraffe outside my window at the Poly I would have the best of both worlds.

Sue IS fabulous! I felt like I'd known her forever.

I'm with you on the AKL-Poly combo - that would be my dream WDW resort!

When does the room number appear? The day of or before? Thanks for repeating the info. I didn't see that mentioned before.

On my most recent trip, I was able to see my room number in the app at about 5:30am on check-in day.

For what it's worth, 4213 is a CL room in AKL with bunk beds. (not sure if this is the one listed in TP, but we stayed in that room in mid-May).

TP only identifies 4505 as a CL bunk bed room. If it still is, then it looks like there are at least two. Thanks!

Edited to add: I pulled up 4213 on TP and it lists the room as having 2 queens, but there is a user comment noting that it has bunk beds.

Last edited:
Just bookmarking this page! We are staying at the Contemporary Atrium club for 10 days in December and then we go on the DCL and go back to WDW for Christmas and are deciding between YC Club Level & WL Club Level!

Sounds like an awesome trip! I'd go with WL CL after the cruise (but we love the WL and prefer the MK area over the Epcot area). Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

Hello all! My family and I are staying at RPC this August. I had a few questions about making requests!

I will be needing a pack and play and/or crib for DD 7 months. Do I ask DSS or someone else? When should I make the request?

Same question for a room request- so I ask DSS and when? We have 2 regular rooms. Can I request to have them by each other and on the same floor as the lounge?

Finally, 4 years ago my DH and I honeymooned in a regular room at the Poly and in our room there was a "congratulations" card from Mickey and Minnie. If I requested it would they leave something similar like that as we will be there on our anniversary or something for DDs first trip? Or could I request a My First Visit button to be left in the room? Not sure if they do that kind of stuff!

Thanks in advance :)

Sounds like an awesome trip! I'd go with WL CL after the cruise (but we love the WL and prefer the MK area over the Epcot area). Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

Thank you and I'm leaning the same way mainly because WL is absolutely AMAZING during the Christmas season! LOL

Hello all! My family and I are staying at RPC this August. I had a few questions about making requests!

I will be needing a pack and play and/or crib for DD 7 months. Do I ask DSS or someone else? When should I make the request?

Same question for a room request- so I ask DSS and when? We have 2 regular rooms. Can I request to have them by each other and on the same floor as the lounge?

Finally, 4 years ago my DH and I honeymooned in a regular room at the Poly and in our room there was a "congratulations" card from Mickey and Minnie. If I requested it would they leave something similar like that as we will be there on our anniversary or something for DDs first trip? Or could I request a My First Visit button to be left in the room? Not sure if they do that kind of stuff!

Hi there, your trip will be here before you know it! Here's my input, I'm sure others will chime in if they've had different experiences or opinions. Sorry this is long.

Crib - Yes, you can e-mail or call DSS and ask them to add this request to your reservation. You can do this anytime. I can't personally speak for GF but at other resorts the supply of actual cribs is relatively limited. I've received a pack-n-play more often than an actual crib, just FYI. Also in my experience, regardless of whether I have it noted on my reservation I usually end up having to call housekeeping anyway, or stop by the CM desk and ask them to do it. I think it's just one of those room turnover things that never quite goes right... but YMMV! :-)

Room Requests - Yes, you can e-mail or call DSS and have them add any requests to your reservation. You can do this anytime but rooms are assigned roughly 5 days in advance so you want to do it before then. I'm sure you know this but any requests are just that, nothing is guaranteed (although I've generally found Disney does a good job in trying to accommodate requests to the extent possible). And yes, requesting both rooms to be close together and on the same floor as the lounge is a totally valid request. You 'may' want to consider prioritizing your requests if one of those is super important to you over the other. Curious, what room type do you have booked?

Side note on room requests - this is really anal but I don't like to mix requests in e-mails.... meaning if I'm e-mailing about my room location or view requests, I ONLY do that. I don't add anything about a crib, etc - I'll come back and do that later. I figure if you give someone "one job" they have a better chance of getting it right. I know that's silly, but I take my room requests seriously! :rotfl:

Stuff Left in Room - This one is trickier. Are you asking for something to be there when you first arrive? I would keep your expectations low in this regard. You can ask, but they are likely to refer you to something like Disney Floral and Gifts for their in-room celebration packages. The CLs aren't particularly staffed or setup to have someone be able to put things in the room before you arrive plus quick turnover and last minute room changes make this relatively difficult to execute, so in my experience they just say no. But like with everything, YMMV and you may have better luck!

I do suggest you drop DSS an e-mail at some point and ask them to make a note that you are celebrating your anniversary and baby's first visit on your reservation. I always feel sort of selfish doing this because it sounds like I'm expecting something - although I'm really not. But if someone wants to throw some pixie dust my way because I'm celebrating something, heck, why not share that info in advance.

Outside of that, the CL CMs will likely have a supply of buttons there (I know Poly does, I'm sure RPC does as well). I've experienced everything from the CM doing the most wonderful detailed text and little accents on the buttons.... to the CM handing me a sharpie and button and saying "here you go, you can fill it in yourself." So... experiences vary.

Anyway, that's my input. Hope that helps and hope you have a great trip.

We are back from a great long weekend at BWI Innkeepers Club. Still figuring out some pictures and will post when I can. I will share my thoughts on our stay while fresh in my mind. I did online checkin and anticipated a 9am arrival window on Friday. We flew out of Pittsburgh at 5:30am and arrived to BWI via Magical Express at around 9. Walked into the resort, went to the regular desk who told me "you are early!' but did check us in, asked if we had stayed there before and then sent us on our merry way to the 4th floor Club Lounge with only a map. Thank goodness we have stayed there before because I was quite underwhelmed at our check in experience. When I originally called to add Magical Express to our reservation, the cast member I spoke with asked if we were celebrating anything. I replied "only the end of the school year." She said she would note personal accomplishment to our reservation and we should expect a button upon checkin. Nope! No button, and we never asked for one, but the inconsistency flummoxes me.

We arrived on the CL floor and did not expect a room to be ready but did enjoy the CL breakfast: 2 types of oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels and bread (with a toaster nearby and many jam, cream cheese, pb, butter options), oj, tomato juice and Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt in Strawberry and Blueberry flavors. My son who loves canteloupe did not care for it with mint sprinkled on it (we all thought it was dill, but turned out to be mint), but he ate his weight full of strawberries. Regular coffee and Espresso options available.

We headed out to the pool after chatting with Lorenzo (who we fondly remembered from 2 years ago and loved that he pretended to remember us. :-)). After some pool time, we checked our carryon bags with Bell services in the lobby and headed out to Hollywood Studios around 11:30. Used our fast passes in DHS and enjoyed our late lunch/early dinner at Sci Fi Dine In Restaurant. We left dinner to a thunderstorm around 4:30 and carefully made our way to the exit of the park (as was our original plan). We bought one poncho for our son at the time. Made it to the exit and realized the boats back to BWI were shut down due to the storm but did catch a bus at Stop 11 as directed with the shut down of the watercraft. Made it to the resort and Club Lounge around 5:15. Dinner offerings were: Shrimp and Grits, but the chef would serve the shrimp solo if asked. Other offerings were cheese fondue with bread to dip, cheese plate, crustini bread. Wine and beer are self serve from 5 to 7, but the CL staff will get them for you when asked.

Saturday breakfast was similar to Friday. I forgot to mention that I love hard boiled eggs, but the offerings on Friday and Saturday were deviled eggs. Cereal was available upon request both days too (rice krispies, corn flakes, froot loops, and I'm sorry I forget the 4th). Saturday dinner was chicken and waffles and a separate dish of peas and a risotto. They would serve you a plain waffle or just chicken if you requested. Fondue, fresh veggies, bread, cheese were also available.

Sunday breakfast was made to order omelettes with spinach, cheese, peppers, onions, tomatoes, bacon, ham as choices. They would also make plain scrambled eggs upon request. Croissants, breads, bagels and fruit were also available. A bloody mary station and mimosas upon request were also part of the Sunday offerings. Sunday dinner was make your own tacos.

Monday breakfast had hard boiled eggs along with the other offerings mentioned on Friday and Saturday. We finally were able to check out afternoon snacks before our flight which included popcorn, homemade chips, fresh vegetables, chicken salad and cucumber sandwiches, make your own trail mix, cookies, chocolate covered almonds, Swedish fish and lollipops.

We choose Club Level because of the convenience of Breakfast and Coffee, and the convenience of enjoying an adult beverage in the evenings. We feel that the dinner options lately do not reflect our tastes, but also remind ourselves that they are not meant to be a meal. The lounge was more crowded than I have seen in the past but we also had 3 evenings of thunderstorms, so this did not really surprise me and our room was so close that we could take our food, drinks and dessert there easily.

The CL staff was top notch, and we were asked several times if we needed anything or if they could do anything for us. Bottled water was handed out before we could ask for it, and the staff quickly put in a request (which was granted) for a late checkout (noon instead of 11:30). I would not hesitate to stay here again for the 3 of us. The distance to the CL floor and room would cause me hesitation if traveling with my elderly parents again though.

Sunday breakfast was made to order omelettes with spinach, cheese, peppers, onions, tomatoes, bacon, ham as choices. They would also make plain scrambled eggs upon request. Croissants, breads, bagels and fruit were also available. A bloody mary station and mimosas upon request were also part of the Sunday offerings. Sunday dinner was make your own tacos.

WOW!! I sure hope GF CL is that great in August

Hi there!

I will be staying CL at WL in early August. I originally had a courtyard view booked, but yesterday I checked and was able to get a good deal on a standard view CL room...so I switched!
I will be staying with my two teenage sons. We have stayed CL at BWI and YC, but this will be my first time WL CL...and my sons first stay at WL. We put in a request for a room with 1 QN+ bunkbeds.

I got a call yesterday afternoon from DSS reminding me that my ADR date was fast approaching, it is Friday, and that they only had 2 requests from me. I told them I really hadn't given my December trip much thought since I have my trip coming up in September. They only places I really want are Be Our Guest and Ohana. I am on my way to California right now for my grandson's 16th birthday, and I am going to be setting my alarm for early Friday morning to try for BOG!! I want it on a Christmas Party night and I know they won't get in the office until later in the morning, so I will try for it myself! Ohanais amust for my husband, not me, so if they can get it fine.i will fill the others in myself. I really never used the old IPO because I could get everything I wanted when just the 2 of us went.

Looking forward to celebrating my 65th with my second family at the Innkeeper's Club!

GADisneyDad did a great job of answering your questions, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time. RPC is amazing! :wizard:.

Thank you and I'm leaning the same way mainly because WL is absolutely AMAZING during the Christmas season! LOL

You're welcome! I agree about WL. It's a beautiful resort any time of year, but especially so during the holidays :goodvibes.

We are back from a great long weekend at BWI Innkeepers Club. Still figuring out some pictures and will post when I can. I will share my thoughts on our stay while fresh in my mind.

Thanks for your review :flower3:.

Hi there!

I will be staying CL at WL in early August. I originally had a courtyard view booked, but yesterday I checked and was able to get a good deal on a standard view CL room...so I switched!
I will be staying with my two teenage sons. We have stayed CL at BWI and YC, but this will be my first time WL CL...and my sons first stay at WL. We put in a request for a room with 1 QN+ bunkbeds.

Congrats on the CL room discount. WL CL is one of our favorites. Hope you have a great trip :).

My 60 day mark is today. Heading to GF SL on 8/6. Should I do online check in or not? Is there any advantages or more importantly disadvantages? I an an AP voucher holder (will activate later that day) with a room only reservation if that makes a difference.

I have a room request into DSS and will send an email reminder on 8/1. Should I also do the touringplans fax request?

Has anyone ever asked DSS to have something in the room for you upon arrival?
When they sent me an email they mentioned ordering a gift for my daughter for her graduation. Do you think they meant from floral and gifts only or anywhere on property?
I would love to have a gift for her but nothing from floral would appeal to her (teenager) .

Has anyone ever asked DSS to have something in the room for you upon arrival?
When they sent me an email they mentioned ordering a gift for my daughter for her graduation. Do you think they meant from floral and gifts only or anywhere on property?
I would love to have a gift for her but nothing from floral would appeal to her (teenager) .
I would contact the DSS and ask them for more specific information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter