• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Not really CL-related, but did you all see Visa discounts were also released today? GF is 35% off during Easter, so I snagged it. The other ones that I found to be 35% off were AKL and YC.

I have a Disney Visa and I cannot figure out how to find these discounts, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Disney’s resort reservation system is so funny (and by funny, I mean frustrating) sometimes. I’ve been trying to tinker with a reservation and availability has been a challenge. I had an elaborate three-way split mapped out, which wasn’t our first choice but it was all I could piece together.

Availability opened up at the resort we wanted, but not with one 3-night reservation. Instead, had to book 3, 1-night reservations. Same room cateogry, same rate... just three seperate reservations. Crazy.

Anyone else end up in a similar situation and have any issues not being able to stay in the same room?

I actually spoke to a phone CM yesterday about a similar situation concerning a 2BR at Disney’s HHI resort. We’ve had reservations booked since May for my sister’s wedding and wanted to add a night. I could see availability for our exact room category and date wanted, but due to the system they use for that resort, I couldn’t modify online & called instead. I mentioned to the CM that I hesitated to book a brand-new, separate reservation because I didn’t want to take the chance on having to check out & check back in again. That CM told me that any time I see availability for the room I want at any Disney resort(that’s in the same category), I should go ahead & book it to ensure that I get it, then call in & have them combine the reservations into one. She said it was a very easy process. I know that sometimes phone CMs give incorrect information, but it sounded legitimate! Hopefully it will be easy for you to get done!

Btw, you are always so helpful on this thread that it made me happy to actually have a response to your question that may be helpful to you!:-)

Is the Funky Buddah available in any of the bars because that's one I'm gonna have to try? ;)

Mike

I am sure it's also in the resort bars but should you find yourself parched at Animal Kingdom, you can usually find this one at Yak & Yeti (also available in 20 oz there :rolleyes1) and at the Thirsty River snack bar near Everest. Oh, I also just remembered you can get it at Homecoming in Disney Springs. :D

Not really CL-related, but did you all see Visa discounts were also released today? GF is 35% off during Easter, so I snagged it. The other ones that I found to be 35% off were AKL and YC.

I was thrilled to get YC CL over Easter weekend too. Could only get Saturday to Tuesday nights for club level. We’ll have move to a regular room on Wednesday, but I can live with that. I got the regular room discount for club level & the Visa discount for the regular room. Plus booked club level at YC in February too. The Visa rate saved me an extra $400 for that trip.

WOW......that was interesting this morning doing my Fast Pass selections, I got 1 selected then it seemed the sight crashed or something, I ended up :badpc: for about 40 minutes the entire time I figured I’d lose any good ones ended up in pretty good shape after all :cool1:.......

60 days to go :dancer:

Glad it all worked out without you losing any FPs :thumbsup2.

That happened to me Saturday!! I figured I’d try the computer instead of MDE, and after making the first one it said ‘you cannot exceed 3 Fast Passes for this day’ (or something along those lines!) Tried another day and same message! I was ready to cry! Then I got on my phone and it worked no problem! Got everything we wanted at the times we wanted! The anxiety is brutal on FP day! LOL

Glad you got everything you wanted! I agree, FP day is brutal! I am probably in the minority, but I wish they'd go back to the old way with the FP kiosks in the parks. I hate having to plan my park days 60 days in advance in order to ride any of the popular rides :sad2:.

I think a few folks have posted on the boards that they asked for guest services in this situation. The guest services CM was able to merge the reservations. Hopefully they could do the same for you.

I've read this, too. It's worth a try ;).

Seeing some really nice CL discounts still showing as available for the spring!

I've been doing some looking :surfweb:. Wanting to possibly try YC CL in either January or April/May :rolleyes1.

Am I the only crazy person that ends up paying more when dscts come out...:eek: I changed my reservation to LV CL at Poly vs Garden CL view.
Disney rationalizing..... Question though, it looks like with LV there is only one 3rd floor room available according to Touring Plans and none on 1st floor. Is that correct? I really would love a balcony or patio as my first request.....need outdoor space.:dance3:

Thanks!

I've been known to do that once or twice :rolleyes1 :laughing:.

Almost all of the first floor is lagoon view (if not all), as well as a lot of the second floor. I think you are correct that very few (possibly only 1) on the third floor are LV. That was my disappointment with booking LV rather than TPV- I really wanted a balcony. We did end up getting first floor, so we at least had outdoor space, but as nice as that was I missed and preferred the balcony on the third floor. We booked a magical deal, though, so we didn't have TPV as an option at all. I also want to be clear, I loved the room, resort and view, so I'm not complaining per say about the first floor room, it's just that personally my preference, in an ideal world, would be third floor with balcony!

This is my situation for my upcoming trip in a few weeks. I didn't want TPV but wanted GV CL as I'm not one to pay for views (and it's cheaper...lol), but the only room categories offered under the discount were standard and LV CL. I've been checking daily under other discounts to see if GV CL was offered/available, but to no avail. That's ok though as I've never stayed CL at Poly and am very excited to try it next month :goodvibes.

Congrats on snagging 35%....and over Easter :thumbsup2.

So much for my “I’m going to stop booking club level” thoughts. Booked 2 trips with the new discounts this morning. Both club level at the YC. But I saved so much money....... :rolleyes1

Congrats on the discounts! Very hard to pass up CL when you see how much you can save ;).

I was thrilled to get YC CL over Easter weekend too. Could only get Saturday to Tuesday nights for club level. We’ll have move to a regular room on Wednesday, but I can live with that. I got the regular room discount for club level & the Visa discount for the regular room. Plus booked club level at YC in February too. The Visa rate saved me an extra $400 for that trip.

Congrats on the savings :goodvibes.

Glad it all worked out without you losing any FPs :thumbsup2.

Glad you got everything you wanted! I agree, FP day is brutal! I am probably in the minority, but I wish they'd go back to the old way with the FP kiosks in the parks. I hate having to plan my park days 60 days in advance in order to ride any of the popular rides :sad2:.

I've read this, too. It's worth a try ;).

I've been doing some looking :surfweb:. Wanting to possibly try YC CL in either January or April/May :rolleyes1.

I've been known to do that once or twice :rolleyes1 :laughing:.

This is my situation for my upcoming trip in a few weeks. I didn't want TPV but wanted GV CL as I'm not one to pay for views (and it's cheaper...lol), but the only room categories offered under the discount were standard and LV CL. I've been checking daily under other discounts to see if GV CL was offered/available, but to no avail. That's ok though as I've never stayed CL at Poly and am very excited to try it next month :goodvibes.

Congrats on snagging 35%....and over Easter :thumbsup2.

Congrats on the discounts! Very hard to pass up CL when you see how much you can save ;).

Congrats on the savings :goodvibes.

I agree, it’s tough to coordinate everything- especially ADR’s!!! How am I supposed to make a dining reservation when I don’t even know when the park hours are yet? That stresses me out! I ended up having to switch 85% of my restaurant reservations once the park hours came out. Luckily I was still able to get everything I wanted at the times I wanted. Don’t get me wrong, I love planning! I just don’t like how uncoordinated everything is.

I checked the Visa discount for my Easter weekend stay at YC again this morning. Had about 40 minutes of aggravation where it showed the garden view club room as available for the discount but would not go thru to check out. Finally got it thru, so I now have my 4 night club level stay with the extra Visa discount too. Saved another $400. Super happy!

I agree, it’s tough to coordinate everything- especially ADR’s!!! How am I supposed to make a dining reservation when I don’t even know when the park hours are yet? That stresses me out! I ended up having to switch 85% of my restaurant reservations once the park hours came out. Luckily I was still able to get everything I wanted at the times I wanted. Don’t get me wrong, I love planning! I just don’t like how uncoordinated everything is.

I love the planning as well...that's almost as much fun as being there ;). But it does come with a lot more stress than in the past, IMO. I can totally see the stress with ADRs too! We aren't ones to eat TS in the parks so I don't have the problem of trying to coordinate meals with park hours, but I can see how that would be a problem. I'm glad you were able to change your ADRs and still get the times you wanted :).

I checked the Visa discount for my Easter weekend stay at YC again this morning. Had about 40 minutes of aggravation where it showed the garden view club room as available for the discount but would not go thru to check out. Finally got it thru, so I now have my 4 night club level stay with the extra Visa discount too. Saved another $400. Super happy!

Awesome!! I'm thrilled (and surprised) with the great Visa discount at Easter time.

I noticed that the extra person rate when up (at least for my CL reservation). Cost for one extra adult in the room plus tax per night was $39.xx. Used to be around $33 iirc.

Yes! We are going in January and I got a great rate for GF SL but now rethinking after reading GADisneyDad's post as well as another review which mentioned how loud it is if you have a room surrounding the atrium. I think we are going to go w/ a split stay at AKL 1br and a deluxe room at BWI. I would love to try YC CL but we will have our 19 yr old ds and 21 yr old dd so want to make sure we have 3 sleeping surfaces. It's my understanding they don't guarantee a daybed at YC unless you have 5 people.

We checked in yesterday at the BW club level. Our room faces the boardwalk very close to the lounge. The balcony is small but the view is lovely. The evening appetizers last night were phenomenal. The chef prepared pan seared scallops with risotto as well as pasta with marinara and sweet sausage. There were 3 different cold salads, cold cuts and cheeses and a carrot fennel soup which was amazing. We are so impressed with our first stay at the Boardwalk!

We checked in yesterday at the BW club level. Our room faces the boardwalk very close to the lounge. The balcony is small but the view is lovely. The evening appetizers last night were phenomenal. The chef prepared pan seared scallops with risotto as well as pasta with marinara and sweet sausage. There were 3 different cold salads, cold cuts and cheeses and a carrot fennel soup which was amazing. We are so impressed with our first stay at the Boardwalk!

BWI CL is great, IMO. I had my first stay in June and was very impressed! Glad you're having a nice time and enjoying the resort/CL :wizard:.

WOW those apps sound amazing!

Does anyone know if there is a section of the Polynesian beach marked off for club level guests for the fireworks on 30th December? From other posts I know this happened on new years eve last year with seating provided but we are flying home on the afternoon of the 31st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter