Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Looking for suggestions on location request for Animal Kngdom Lodge Club Level. I know the CL has limited rooms on the same floor as the lounge, but are there rooms on the lounge floor that have good savannah views that are located near the lounge or should we make a request for one of the other floors to get a good savannah view close to the elevators?
Thanks in advance for your replies

Drinks

Don't be mad - I forgot to get pics of the alcohol!! I can't believe my oversight. But they had about 4 different kinds of beer in the fridge, along with 2 on draft (and chilled glasses too!).

Coffee

Tea (available all day)

Assorted beverages

Wider view of coffee and different assorted beverages

Refrigerated beverages

I'll come back later with some additional thoughts. And I'm happy to answer any questions! We stayed 5 nights. We ate breakfast and evening apps 4 times each, had afternoon snack once, and I hit the desserts every night. :)

Love all the pics and reports and can't wait to stay at WL in October...which will give me plenty of time to diet so I can eat all the yummy CL food !

Can anyone tell me if ginger ale is available in the drink fridge at GF SL?

We were in RPC, not SL (but I think it's pretty much the same) last year and there was no ginger ale in the lounge, but I was feeling queasy (still working on my land legs after disembarking from the Dream that day) and I asked if they had any and a nice CM brought me a few cans from the back. So it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Looking for suggestions on location request for Animal Kngdom Lodge Club Level. I know the CL has limited rooms on the same floor as the lounge, but are there rooms on the lounge floor that have good savannah views that are located near the lounge or should we make a request for one of the other floors to get a good savannah view close to the elevators?

The few rooms on the same floor of the lounge are all DVC villas, plus none of them have really good savanna views. The regular CL rooms are all on the 4th floor and have great Arusha Savanna views, but none are super close to the elevator that leads to the lounge. We usually ask to be near the elevator that leads down to the pool. I think those rooms have a nice view and aren't super far from the lounge stairs (or elevator if you prefer) but none are close. Nonetheless, we love AKL CL. Hope this helps.

Regarding CL CMs, I usually prefer to be left alone, but most of the girls working there were about my age, so sparking up conversation came easy. On our check-in day (and throughout our stay) the CM who greeted us basically stayed talking with us for hours on end and it was pretty sweet. However, there was one CM manning the alcohol who always gave me a super hard time/was super snarky every time I went to get beer/wine. The first time, he made me wait there till one of the managers could double-check my license?? (I look like a very tired 12-year-old, but still...) He kept carding me every time I went and it got to the point where I dreaded getting a drink... :sad2:

I'm sorry that you experienced this!! That definitely didn't add to a vacation.

This makes me concerned - traveling with our 22 and 24 year-old daughters, who look even younger than their age. I completely understand asking for id, but being judgmental and condescending is not okay. I don't want them to get hassled, especially when the older one takes out her fake-looking Midwestern license!

Yes, the beer situation is the same as I experienced in Feb. Beer is now out in the fridge starting at noon. This photo below was actually taken at 11:42AM to be exact. It's self-serve all day/evening, to go cups (and sliced oranges for the Blue Moon) are located just to the right of this. The Castaway Cay IPA was a new addition since Feb, for me.

GADisneyDad14 - did you notice what procedures were in place for id-checking? We totally want to stay within the rules and have the girls be prepared to show their licenses at all times. But, hoping that it's just a quick check and a smile - and we also don't want to raise suspicions and get the serve-yourself privileges revoked for all in the lounge when our very young-looking legal adults keep popping open Longboards if no one checks ids (would be great if they could do it once, and give them a 'festival' wristband for the day'). I also don't want to have to keep being dragged out of my lounge chair to do it for them, since "it's easier, they don't give you a hard time". princess:

Thanks for all of the pictures and updates. I'm a little sad that I don't see the old Disney CL standby bowl of swedish fish though. :magnify: Kids could eat a theater-sized box every day. Ugh, they'll just have to suffer with lettuce wraps and personally customized trail mix now (I'll have to coach them for the next 2 weeks that trail mix cannot consist entirely of cashews though - they have to leave some for others!!)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Contemporary atrium lounge has bottled water or the filtered water that's out all day? Thanks.

Question about checking in early morning - around 7:00 when the club level desk opens - particularly for the Poly. But, if anyone has any experience from their club level stay anywhere ...

I've been reading how the club level check-in experience can vary from resort to resort, and even from hour to hour in the same resort.

I understand it's purely pixie dust if a room is ready that early for us. Now, luggage?? Do we bring it to the club level and they store it for the time period the room is not ready? Or do we give it to bell services in the ceremonial house, assuming that the room won't be ready? Will the 'greeter' in the lobby, if there is one at the time, be able to know if they have a room ready for us before they walk us to Hawaii?

GADisneyDad14 - did you notice what procedures were in place for id-checking? We totally want to stay within the rules and have the girls be prepared to show their licenses at all times. But, hoping that it's just a quick check and a smile - and we also don't want to raise suspicions and get the serve-yourself privileges revoked for all in the lounge when our very young-looking legal adults keep popping open Longboards if no one checks ids (would be great if they could do it once, and give them a 'festival' wristband for the day'). I also don't want to have to keep being dragged out of my lounge chair to do it for them, since "it's easier, they don't give you a hard time". princess:

Thanks for all of the pictures and updates. I'm a little sad that I don't see the old Disney CL standby bowl of swedish fish though. :magnify: Kids could eat a theater-sized box every day. Ugh, they'll just have to suffer with lettuce wraps and personally customized trail mix now (I'll have to coach them for the next 2 weeks that trail mix cannot consist entirely of cashews though - they have to leave some for others!!)

I didn't see any ID checking this trip but I have seen ID checking in the past. I think there's a decent chance if they really do look very young, at least one CM at some point during your stay is likely to ask. But they very well might not either, will really depend on the CMs.

It's funny - I don't often see that many guests right around that age in the CL lounges. It's often either young kids, teens, or adults - not much in between. I guess most of the young 20-somethings are too cool to vacation with their parents. :-)

Just tell them to be GLAD someone is asking for ID because there will come a day when they don't anymore and it will make them sad. :sad2::sad2:

Also FWIW, I'm bummed they don't have that standard snack mix out anymore. I had several 'lunches' of that stuff while DS took an afternoon nap when he was young. I've searched on the Internet to find the same type and have never been successful! o_O

I'm sorry that you experienced this!! That definitely didn't add to a vacation.

This makes me concerned - traveling with our 22 and 24 year-old daughters, who look even younger than their age. I completely understand asking for id, but being judgmental and condescending is not. I don't want them to get hassled, especially when the older one takes out her fake-looking Midwestern license!

Remember, this was just my experience with ONE of the CMs at the WL CL (and he just so happened to be manning the bar 2/3rds of the time.) All the other CMs who "knew me" by then had no issues/didn't bat an eyelash getting me my third Dead Guy Ale in a row... I'd still suggest that your daughters keep their IDs on them just to avoid the awkward "hold up while I sprint to my room to get my ID!" LOL'd at your comment about being dragged out of your lounge chair, because my mom totally ended up as my personal "beer runner" during our stay. It definitely detracted from the experience and felt weird especially since I was the lead on the reservation (and the one who paid for everything, sigh...) but overall it was just a slight hiccup in what was otherwise a fantastic stay.

Does anyone know if Contemporary atrium lounge has bottled water or the filtered water that's out all day? Thanks.

They have filtered water out in a big container all the time. I have not seen bottled water out but they do have it in the back upon request. They may be putting it out nowadays too, not sure (last time at Atrium was Sept 2016). Hope that helps!

I am not sure if they will do this at CR Atrium but at Poly CL they will fill your personal container in the back with the filtered water upon request. I've been taking advantage of this more recently.

@aporthole, just FYI, I noticed Tonga Toast is offered on the Poly room service dining menu. "Our famous banana-stuffed Sourdough French Toast rolled in Cinnamon Sugar served with a Strawberry Compote and your choice of Bacon, Ham, or Sausage." $15 Served 7AM-11:30AM.

Here's what they had at Poly CL this past weekend. I'm not a wine or sparkling wine drinker, not sure if this stuff is any good?

View attachment 237281

View attachment 237282

Someone else said something similar but from my experience, you'll likely hit a dead end when it comes to arranging "something waiting there for her when we arrive." I assume you mean in-room? You'll have to move heaven/earth to get them to do this. So many variables with the room, when it's ready, etc that they tend to not want to do it by default. Your mileage may vary and you may find a CM who will be more helpful... but from my experience this one is tough.

Yes, the beer situation is the same as I experienced in Feb. Beer is now out in the fridge starting at noon. This photo below was actually taken at 11:42AM to be exact. It's self-serve all day/evening, to go cups (and sliced oranges for the Blue Moon) are located just to the right of this. The Castaway Cay IPA was a new addition since Feb, for me.

View attachment 237289

As far as afternoon snacks... same as in Feb and MUCH IMPROVED over prior years. It's like night/day for Poly CL regulars who haven't been this year.

Sliced veggies, make your own trail mix...
View attachment 237291

Lettuce wraps with lots of toppings/sauces. I was told they switch between chicken/shrimp every day. This was chicken. Sorry pics are far away, I was in a rush.
View attachment 237292

Those "house made" chips with sauces, goldfish, chocolate chip cookies.
View attachment 237293

CR CL should have hard boiled eggs, cheeses, yogurt, sliced salmon, and various sliced meats (eg, ham, etc). The salmon and sliced meats may vary day to day in terms of type. CR CL has a plain/no sugar added yogurt that I very much appreciate/enjoy.

Someone else said the same thing but I'm 'pretty' certain what has been indicated so far is that Hallowishes will be the same show as in the past. Will be interesting to see if they incorporate any of the new lasers/lights though.

Breakfast was the relatively standard CL type food you tend to see at most of them. I'd say same as prior trips, give or take. Let me get my photos in order and I'll post an update.

IPO is now DSS (Disney Signature Services). Their outreach to guests is somewhat inconsistent, not entirely unlike the way IPO was frankly. Feel free to reach out to them: disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com, (407) 939-7777, Include your reservation # if you e-mail or have it ready if you call.

THanks so much for this report! Can't wait to be back! Love the Angry Orchard in the fridge - yum!

I didn't see any ID checking this trip but I have seen ID checking in the past. I think there's a decent chance if they really do look very young, at least one CM at some point during your stay is likely to ask. But they very well might not either, will really depend on the CMs.

22 and 24 year-olds never travel without proof they can drink!! It fits very nicely in between your phone and it's case. And usually like wearing a smug "I told you so" grin when asked for it. :P I'm just hoping there's not a "have you seen the teenagers taking beers out of the lounge?" buzz that develops the week we're there!

GADisneyDad14 said:
It's funny - I don't often see that many guests right around that age in the CL lounges. It's often either young kids, teens, or adults - not much in between. I guess most of the young 20-somethings are too cool to vacation with their parents. :-)

My kids have the attitude "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" - particularly when it could be the one that pulls Cinderella's carriage.:worship: and carries cash.

LOL'd at your comment about being dragged out of your lounge chair, because my mom totally ended up as my personal "beer runner" during our stay.

Yes, I'm looking to make it work the other way around for me - they can take my drink order :drinking1

They have filtered water out in a big container all the time. I have not seen bottled water out but they do have it in the back upon request. They may be putting it out nowadays too, not sure (last time at Atrium was Sept 2016). Hope that helps!

I am not sure if they will do this at CR Atrium but at Poly CL they will fill your personal container in the back with the filtered water upon request. I've been taking advantage of this more recently.
Thank you. I will probably bring a refillable water bottle then. I remember they gave me a carafe of water for the room at Poly. Do you know if they still do that?

My kids have the attitude "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" - particularly when it could be the one that pulls Cinderella's carriage.:worship: and carries cash.

Yes, I'm looking to make it work the other way around for me - they can take my drink order :drinking1

We definitely have a barter economy in my family. I've been taking my parents on yearly WDW trips ever since I graduated and got a job, but my brother got to cruise DCL "for free" with them till he was 28 and I am holding them to that standard! (Next one's in February 2018!) My mother only got beers for me from the lounge in exchange for afternoon snacks and evening cobbler room-service delivery courtesy of yours truly. :flower3:

We just stayed in #4409 on our trip Feb/March. It is close to the elevators and the view of the savanna was great.
20170307_124152_resized_zpswrlxisel.jpg
20170307_124721_resized_zpspqfb61zk.jpg

Just tell them to be GLAD someone is asking for ID because there will come a day when they don't anymore and it will make them sad. :sad2::sad2:

Also FWIW, I'm bummed they don't have that standard snack mix out anymore. I had several 'lunches' of that stuff while DS took an afternoon nap when he was young. I've searched on the Internet to find the same type and have never been successful! o_O

Our daughter turned 21 during our last trip in March at AKL. She was asked for her ID both times she got a drink in the lounge, but there was never an attitude attached, just a quick glance and she was fine.

As far as being "too cool to vacation with parents", we are lucky that both of ours (21 and almost 17) still love family vacations. My daughter and I have been going to Disney alone every spring break for years now while my husband and son have their own boys adventure trip out west somewhere and we all travel together at least two other times a year. If they didn't, we would just drag them along anyway....:D.

Last edited:
Very happy with DSS so far.

DSS got my 3 ADRs and booked the Wanyama Safari as I requested. Very happy we got our BOG. All times were within 30 mins of what we requested, except BOG was an hour earlier but I'm totally fine with that, glad to have it!

I did have a hiccup in that my ADRs didn't show in MDE, I had DSS email me the confirmations and when I tried to input them myself I was told error- they were already linked to a reservation. I emailed DSS and a day later they emailed me back they had everything fixed and my ADRs were now in MDE- and sure enough they were!

A couple days after booking I decided I'd rather charge the safari on a gift card so I called DSS and after a few mins they got me rebooked, I also updated my room requests. Nice to do both those with one short phone call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter