Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Can you give a mini review of the new lounge? We haven't been there since before the construction. Thanks!

I'm not the poster you quoted, but in case you didn't see, I posted a slew of pictures of the food at WL CL on page 481 of this thread and some observations/thoughts on page 482. I forgot to take pics of the lounge itself, unfortunately. But hope the info I posted helps.

I'm not the poster you quoted, but in case you didn't see, I posted a slew of pictures of the food at WL CL on page 481 of this thread and some observations/thoughts on page 482. I forgot to take pics of the lounge itself, unfortunately. But hope the info I posted helps.

Thanks I will go back and look.

Following with the WL CL theme, here's a loose overview of my two-night stay in May:

Check-in: As another poster recently mentioned, WL has the warm welcoming technique down pat. We were received at the entrance by a sweet CM who welcomed us back (we'd been there in February and he remembered us somehow.) He took us up to the lounge while giving my brother a mini-tour since it was his first time there. As I posted that morning in a hazy sleep-deprived bliss, I was immediately handed a mimosa during breakfast and notified that our room was ready (at 8:00 AM!) We were checked in by a Puerto Rican CM and we all reveled in being loud islanders (my parents felt so much more comfortable having someone who spoke Spanish around.) She gave my brother and mom bday buttons and even hooked it up with extra boxes of chocolate. It was awesome.

Room: I opted for a Deluxe Room since we were four adults traveling together. I felt worried about us feeling cramped, but we all had more than enough room to spread around. My dad said it was like an apartment. We were in room 5000, which was exactly the room I requested via DSS. Fairly quiet (you can hear the boats and the geyser, but faintly) and we got a kick out of cramming into the tiny second balcony to watch HEA one night. It was a trek to a lounge, (albeit a pleasurable trek,) so there was a bit of family bartering involved to see who would go up to grab rounds of drinks and snack refills. The CMs would provide us with cardboard trays to carry stuff down whenever we asked. Which brings me to...

Lounge offerings: Breakfast was the same, usual spread with the addition of whole-grain croissants. (I ate two each morning after haphazardly smooshing them into the toaster.) Amazing evening apps included shrimp fagioli (chef said it was her latest recipe), nigiri, pork sliders, corn chowder... needless to say it was a gluttonous experience. Monday night's menu listed roasted chicken with tomatoes, but it never made an appearance. My dad's allergic to shellfish, so he was kind of looking forward to it as his option for the evening. We asked the manager CM and he called in and had a grilled chicken breast with broccolini brought up, made to order from the kitchen, just for my dad to eat. An amazing customer service moment, especially since they don't "have" to accomodate us (they could've just told us to go out and buy dad a steak or something, you know?) One thing I definitely noticed from last time was how much they'd stepped up their dessert game since then. Last time deserts had a more homemade, (dare I say basic?) feel to them. Cobbler, cookies, and cupcakes topped with tacky, too-much-food-coloring frosting. Desserts were much fancier this time around, with panna cotta in mini milk jars, mocha cupcakes topped with pearls, and the ubiquitous cobbler. (Funny story: One night the cobbler was strawberry-rhubarb. My mom, having never "experienced" rhubarb was flabbergasted: "Why'd they ruin a perfectly good cobbler by putting CELERY in it?") I was pleasantly surprised by this new direction in WL CL desserts but still think they should reach a middle ground. My brother bemoaned the absence of cookies.

Housekeeping: First night was a fail since we never got turndown service and had to call in someone to help us with the sofa bed around 10 PM. However, the following day and night we had great service. Lots of chocolates, extra H2O sea salt toiletries (please tip your housekeepers!) and extra sheets and blankets for the sofa bed.

CMs: All super nice and genuinely warm and caring. Two (!!) native Spanish speakers, which was a real bonus for my family. We were always encouraged to heap our plates and we never felt like nuisances asking for beer early on in the afternoon (or even to-go cups for said beer.) Also has anyone encountered Lucille at the lounge or at Roaring Fork? She says she is working the lounge temporarily until RF is back up and running but honestly she is an angel on earth and I will make an effort to seek her out once I'm back!!

Hearing such great things about wl cl makes me think we should switch. Not going until August 2018 so plenty of time to decide but reading all these posts is making me confused and excited all at once.

We are going for two weeks so unfortunately budget won't allow gf, poly or contemporary. What resorts would be best for a four and two year old? We have stayed at AKL cl in 2015 and loved it, we think the kids will love the animals and pool but part of me thinks we shouldn't go to the same resort twice. We will probably definitely going to akl I'm 2022 (I know ages away) for a big extended family holiday, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, neices and nephews etc so should we go somewhere anywhere in between? Any ideas appreciated

Hearing such great things about wl cl makes me think we should switch. Not going until August 2018 so plenty of time to decide but reading all these posts is making me confused and excited all at once.

We are going for two weeks so unfortunately budget won't allow gf, poly or contemporary. What resorts would be best for a four and two year old? We have stayed at AKL cl in 2015 and loved it, we think the kids will love the animals and pool but part of me thinks we shouldn't go to the same resort twice. We will probably definitely going to akl I'm 2022 (I know ages away) for a big extended family holiday, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, neices and nephews etc so should we go somewhere anywhere in between? Any ideas appreciated

Me too! We're booked this august at BC CL. I'm kind of nervous of reviews I've been reading. We stayed at wl in a regular room years ago and loved it. Doing BC for the pool. We met a cl guest when we stayed wl that year and he said WL was his favorite CL out of them all. Its such a warm resort.

2 weeks? Are you opposed to splitting it or do you want to stay put for the full 2 weeks? I get both, just curious. The one negative for us with WL is the size of the rooms. Not a big deal for a week, but for two weeks I think that would start to wear on me and my wife. Poly/GF/CR all have bigger rooms that are a bit more "livable" if you will. Other than that I do love the WL CL offerings and the feel of the resort.

If I were going for 2 weeks, I'd probably be inclined to do something like a WL / BC split. (sorry for giving an opinion on something you didn't ask about)

2 weeks? Are you opposed to splitting it or do you want to stay put for the full 2 weeks? I get both, just curious. The one negative for us with WL is the size of the rooms. Not a big deal for a week, but for two weeks I think that would start to wear on me and my wife. Poly/GF/CR all have bigger rooms that are a bit more "livable" if you will. Other than that I do love the WL CL offerings and the feel of the resort.

If I were going for 2 weeks, I'd probably be inclined to do something like a WL / BC split. (sorry for giving an opinion on something you didn't ask about)

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Otherwise, WL is a great resort with little kids. I can't recommend it enough. You only get one shot at a first trip with your toddler, and I'm glad this was the resort we chose for the experience.

No worries. Basically we get free Disney dining for the family for two weeks and we get 14 days for the price of 7 tickets. I think we can keep the ticket deal doing a split stay but they won't give us the free dining plan for the whole two weeks as it's a different booking? Any advice on managing deals on. A split stay would be appreciated. I know the dining plan isn't as needed with a club level stay but it's free so seems a shame to throw away and it gives a chance for us to combine credits to go to signature and character dining (if I had my way narcoossee's every night).

May I ask why you suggest beach club? I have been tempted as storm along is meant to be excellent and the location is obviously great but I have read some reviews saying it's better for the slightly older kids not my under 5 age group? I haven't been so have no idea myself, although being that close to beeches and cream might be a disaster for my wasteline lol

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Otherwise, WL is a great resort with little kids. I can't recommend it enough. You only get one shot at a first trip with your toddler, and I'm glad this was the resort we chose for the experience.

Was it exciting for them at the resort? I think it's a beautiful resort as an adult but I worry my kids would find it boring? The pool also doesn't look as nice as akl? I'm probably over thinking it, I know they will love the animals at AKL but they can see them at AK. I think I'm just thinking if when I was a kid I was bought up on the all stars and I loved the immersion into big bright fun themes. As an adult I think my parents were saints to squeeze us into a value size room. I just want my kids to have that same wow experience at the hotel as well as the parks, that's a big reason we stay on site too.

No worries. Basically we get free Disney dining for the family for two weeks and we get 14 days for the price of 7 tickets. I think we can keep the ticket deal doing a split stay but they won't give us the free dining plan for the whole two weeks as it's a different booking? Any advice on managing deals on. A split stay would be appreciated. I know the dining plan isn't as needed with a club level stay but it's free so seems a shame to throw away and it gives a chance for us to combine credits to go to signature and character dining (if I had my way narcoossee's every night).

May I ask why you suggest beach club? I have been tempted as storm along is meant to be excellent and the location is obviously great but I have read some reviews saying it's better for the slightly older kids not my under 5 age group? I haven't been so have no idea myself, although being that close to beeches and cream might be a disaster for

wasteline lol

Personally, I wouldn't do SAB with young kids. Not because they wouldn't enjoy it but because it's too much work for me. I don't want to have to follow them around. My kids enjoyed wl pool and it was way more relaxing to me when they were younger.

Was it exciting for them at the resort? I think it's a beautiful resort as an adult but I worry my kids would find it boring? The pool also doesn't look as nice as akl? I'm probably over thinking it, I know they will love the animals at AKL but they can see them at AK. I think I'm just thinking if when I was a kid I was bought up on the all stars and I loved the immersion into big bright fun themes. As an adult I think my parents were saints to squeeze us into a value size room. I just want my kids to have that same wow experience at the hotel as well as the parks, that's a big reason we stay on site too.

I haven't been to AKL, but my son loved the kiddie pool at WL. We didn't take him in the big pool.

They also have lawn games in the late afternoon/early evening. He enjoyed re-arranging hula hoops and carrying around giant checkers. Lol.

In the lobby, there's a little bridge over a small "river," and he liked walking over that many times. He also enjoyed the boat that goes to MK.

The lounge was great too...it overlooks the lobby and was not ever crowded. Just the opposite, in fact. There is a kids area with a TV always tuned to Disney Jr. and coloring pages/crayons.

We could see the castle from our room and he liked hanging out on the balcony.

In the evening, they always have pasta, PB&J, and fruit among their offerings and he loves all of those things.

It might not be entertaining for an older kid, but for a toddler, it was just right!

I'm going to add something about the pools! When staying at AKL you have your choice of 2 pools -- Uzima at Jambo House and Samawati at Kidani! The Kidani pool is especially fun for young children!

I also agree with jods that Stormalong Bay is not an ideal pool with young children. It's a great pool, but can be very tiring for parents trying to keep an eye on their little ones!

I have been tempted as storm along is meant to be excellent and the location is obviously great but I have read some reviews saying it's better for the slightly older kids not my under 5 age group? I haven't been so have no idea myself, although being that close to beeches and cream might be a disaster for my wasteline lol

I'll chime in on this part as we have lots of experience with SAB (BC pool). I think if this pool works for your family really depends on the kids. We have 2 kids and when they were under age 5, we thought SAB was PERFECT. We could (and did) stay there for hours every single day. However, my kids are very mild and always stayed together and with us, so SAB worked for us. I understand how it might not be ideal for all families, though. I really, really miss the days when we could enjoy that shallow sandy pool - it was so relaxing and fun!

May I ask why you suggest beach club? I have been tempted as storm along is meant to be excellent and the location is obviously great but I have read some reviews saying it's better for the slightly older kids not my under 5 age group? I haven't been so have no idea myself, although being that close to beeches and cream might be a disaster for my wasteline lol

Narcoossee's every night..... :lmao:

I can't comment on DDP deals/split stays as I don't have much exeperience in that regard, sorry!

I said BC mainly for focusing on an Epcot area resort. I tend to think a MK resort / Epcot resort split for a 2 week stay would be ideal for the way we do Disney. Gives you the best of both worlds and a lot of time at each. Something like an WL / AKL post could also work too... a week of what you know and a week of something different. Just tossing out ideas.

I agree with the PPs that SAB can be a lot of work with kids, but like @TJA says I do think it depends on the kids. At 2 and 4 they are 'likely' to just want to play around the sandy bottom area, but if they are super adventurous, yeah, you may end up chasing them around. My DS6 ran me ragged the day we stayed there last year (DD2 wasn't with us on that trip). While I'm not jumping up and down to take him back (the whole slide entrance outside the pool area bothers me at his age), I am itching to take DD2 to BC sometime soon because I think should would love it. So I'm full of contradictions! :-)

Have fun planning/deciding! :-).

We took DD for the first time when she was 4 and she loved Stormalong Bay. We stayed in the kiddie pool area that has a sand bottom...she and DH mostly built sandcastles.

Still struggling getting info for GCH cl. Since we all pop in and out here I thought I'd try to see if anyone has any recent info.

It seems to be similar to GF rpc for offerings but looks like WL.

I did call the regular res # and she said they still have chocolate covered strawberries. Also,the scones are 11-4 which helps with the east-west coast time difference.

I hope to get some pix and info to share and compare when I get back.

I think the last time we stayed there CL I managed to call one of the CL numbers and they were great at explaining the differences in what was served at the DLH and the GCH. We chose the GCH again because of the midday snacks (scones, tea sandwiches, veggies, and those chocolate strawberries) and were glad we did. It was a last minute trip and it was great to be able to go up to the lounge and snack up there in the middle of the day (and it's so conveniently located with regard to the parks, too). It was insanely crowded the night we checked in, and I was thinking we made a big mistake, but by the next morning it was quiet up there and it never was overcrowded again during our stay. Hope you enjoy it! :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter