Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We checked in last night at the Contemporary. Got our only request for room location so that was good. Club level was closed when we arrived but we were able to get some sodas from the fridge in the lounge.
Room is nice and clean. Can't say much for the view as it is super foggy this morning but looks like a really nice one! Only negative I can say so far is the cast member who checked us in was terrible. I think he may have been sleeping with his eyes closed !! No personality or enthusiasm. It was a little disappointing to arrive after a long day and not get that warm Disney welcome we usually receive. Hopefully the club level staff will make up for it today. Feel free to ask any questions.

Awesome! Looks like you aren't on the Chef Mickey's side, so that's probably a plus! I've tended to find the CMs at CR 2/3 really great and 1/3 total duds, like bad duds. No middle ground.

Any plans to watch HEA from the lounge? If so, just curious what you think the new show is like from that angle.

Hope you have a GREAT stay!

We drive, so bringing a case isn't a huge deal. But I agree, with everything that's provided I assumed water was a given.

We were asking for water at the CR every day during a stay a couple of years ago now (before we learned of the case of water in the gift shop). I remember that the CM who was always going back to get us some asked if we would like him to bring a case of water to our room. We happened to be leaving the next day (moving to BWI on a split stay after 3 days), so we thanked him and assured him that what we now had was sufficient. His generosity and kindness made an impression, though. WE absolutely LOVED staying at the CR CL!!

Awesome! Looks like you aren't on the Chef Mickey's side, so that's probably a plus! I've tended to find the CMs at CR 2/3 really great and 1/3 total duds, like bad duds. No middle ground.

Any plans to watch HEA from the lounge? If so, just curious what you think the new show is like from that angle.

Yes, I am curious as well! We are considering CR CL for our Jan 2018 trip!

I am leaning toward a split stay between CR CL TPV and BWI CL deluxe room.

Yep, not on Chef Mickeys side thanks to your advice. The fog lifted and it is a beautiful view! The one CM at the CL desk this morning was very nice... Paula I think.
We are probably going to catch HEA from the lounge tomorrow. I will definitely let you know what we think!
Off to Magic Kingdom today!

No bottles of water at the BC CL the last few days of May, even when we asked. So we bought a case which was more than we needed since there were bottles at the GF where we were headed after a few days at the BC. Kind of annoying since they offer all kinds of soda, juice, coffee and alcohol, but we just dealt with it and moved on.

We checked in last night at the Contemporary. Got our only request for room location so that was good. Club level was closed when we arrived but we were able to get some sodas from the fridge in the lounge.
Room is nice and clean. Can't say much for the view as it is super foggy this morning but looks like a really nice one! Only negative I can say so far is the cast member who checked us in was terrible. I think he may have been sleeping with his eyes closed !! No personality or enthusiasm. It was a little disappointing to arrive after a long day and not get that warm Disney welcome we usually receive. Hopefully the club level staff will make up for it today. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sorry the check in CM wasn't very personable, but glad your room request was met. Hope you have a great trip :).

We are considering CR CL for our Jan 2018 trip!

I am leaning toward a split stay between CR CL TPV and BWI CL deluxe room.

That sounds like a great split, the best of both worlds :goodvibes.

Off to Magic Kingdom today!

Have a great time at MK :wizard:.

GADisneyDad14 is there s welcome drink upon arrival? Just wondering

At CR? No, not in my experience. CR doesn't really have anything particularly resort-specific in terms of their CL offerings.... be it a special beverage, welcome drink, certain food, etc. I've always thought they could come up with something pretty clever / unique to go with the modern/tomorrowland feel of CR.

If you're looking for a beverage, I think either The Wave or CG has a shareable fishbowl blue drink called "Monorail Blue" or something like that... I think? I remember reading something along those lines not too long ago.

At CR? No, not in my experience. CR doesn't really have anything particularly resort-specific in terms of their CL offerings.... be it a special beverage, welcome drink, certain food, etc. I've always thought they could come up with something pretty clever / unique to go with the modern/tomorrowland feel of CR.

If you're looking for a beverage, I think either The Wave or CG has a shareable fishbowl blue drink called "Monorail Blue" or something like that... I think? I remember reading something along those lines not too long ago.
Thank you. Yes they definitely could think of something. Maybe we need to suggest one while we're here :rolleyes1

Thank you. Yes they definitely could think of something. Maybe we need to suggest one while we're here :rolleyes1

Never stayed at CR, but I bet if they did have a CL signature offering, it'd probably be some kind of cool, molecular gastronomy-type creation... :scratchin

Do any of you do online check in? We have been to the world many times, but have never stayed Club Level. We have a split stay between Poly and YC. I was thinking of not using online check in at the Poly. We will be driving in from Tampa first thing in the morning and dropping off our rental at Car Care services. I am hoping to get there between 9am and 10am so we can grab a quick breakfast from the lounge before heading over to MK. Since we have never stayed CL, I would like to get the full check in experience and will probably not bother with online check in unless my fellow DISers suggest otherwise.

After three nights, we will transfer to the YC. Our plan is to take our luggage to bell services then head over to Epcot to meet with my BIL for the day. Since we will be at the park all day, I think I will use the online check in for the YC portion of our trip.

Thoughts? Advantages or Disadvantages to either?

Thanks!!

Do any of you do online check in? We have been to the world many times, but have never stayed Club Level. We have a split stay between Poly and YC. I was thinking of not using online check in at the Poly. We will be driving in from Tampa first thing in the morning and dropping off our rental at Car Care services. I am hoping to get there between 9am and 10am so we can grab a quick breakfast from the lounge before heading over to MK. Since we have never stayed CL, I would like to get the full check in experience and will probably not bother with online check in unless my fellow DISers suggest otherwise.

After three nights, we will transfer to the YC. Our plan is to take our luggage to bell services then head over to Epcot to meet with my BIL for the day. Since we will be at the park all day, I think I will use the online check in for the YC portion of our trip.

Thanks!!

I would do online checkin to save time. Filling paperwork is not part of what I would tell is part of the check in experience!

I would do online checkin to save time. Filling paperwork is not part of what I would tell is part of the check in experience!

I agree! You will still get the full CL check-in experience, JodyLynC -- and one advantage is you can list your arrival time during online check-in so they'll know what time to expect you! ;)

Thank you.

:goodvibes

Yes, but I am having trouble settling on GF RPC, CR CL (tower club, I hope) or the Poly CL TPV!!! It is so hard to choose. LOL!

That is a tough choice! We haven't stayed at the CR or CL at the Poly, but I can see how it would be a hard decision as RPC is great and CR CL & Poly CL get rave reviews (and the Poly is amazing overall). Whichever ones you don't choose now can be booked for a 2nd trip (Disney logic at work here ::yes::).

Thanks!!

We never do OCI, but as pp's have mentioned, you can still get the full CL arrival experience if you do OCI :).

This is a very difficult challenge you face here. :rotfl:

I somehow just knew that you understand my woes! LOL!

That is a tough choice! We haven't stayed at the CR or CL at the Poly, but I can see how it would be a hard decision as RPC is great and CR CL & Poly CL get rave reviews (and the Poly is amazing overall). Whichever ones you don't choose now can be booked for a 2nd trip (Disney logic at work here ::yes::).

I LOVE the way you think!!! Great idea!

My vote is for GF RPC!

Thank you!!! All votes are welcome! Yes, GF RPC is hard to beat!!!!!

well, except maybe for the POLY CL TPV or maybe CR CL tower? I love them all.......tough decisions! the good news is that I have until the 20th before the 2018 prices are out to decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter