Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I was there this past weekend, need to write up my thoughts. While I glanced at early reviews, I didn't totally digest them as I wanted to have some blank expectations prior to going.... so I can't compare then/now. But my quick take (obviously highly subjective of course):

- Breakfast was eggs, bacon, Minnie Waffles, etc - very substantial. Probably among the most substantial of any CL. A+
- The rest of the services were just "meh" for me (DW agreed as well). Yes, seafood influences for many things. After breakfast, I was thinking apps would totally shine... but they were a miss for us. C I think they really want you eating/paying upstairs. 8-)
- Fridge was well stocked with a variety of interesting things that were above-CL standard. But bottled water was hit or miss. Large chunks of the weekend it was out - "hadn't received their shipment yet." :scratchin A++ (minus the missing water, with water containers only set up half the time as well)

I'll post pics and such here at some point. Happy to answer any questions.
Yes of course I remember and I understand the reasoning behind it. But if you can just open the door and say, "oh we are good, thanks!" then it really does nothing.

We had a late August GDT Club Level stay followed a few weeks later by YC CL. We thought GDT was absolutely fantastic and blew away any previous club level experience. We thought it was amazing that that fridge was filled and available all day long with juice, water, soda and interesting beer/cider choices. Didn’t have to ask every time. We never had a problem with water being in stock. Wine offerings were incredible. Lots of Spanish and south american choices, great variety, and they changed them up all the time too. Breakfast was the best spread by far of any club level as described above. The dinner/5-7 pm hour foods were also varied and many choices. They had a roasted chicken wings dish one night that was incredible. Most nights they had a tapas or two off the upsatairs restaurant menu. There was always an inventive plant based option as well plus excellent cheeses. Desserts were great too, with those wonderful,handmade chocolates they serve at California grill and nice cordials including brandy and port. In comparison, our YC CL stay was really disappointing coming off of the GDT stay. Limited food options, especially breakfast. Indifferent CMs, always seeming put off when you asked for a beer or wine off hours. We booked GDT again for next year NYE stay that’s how much we liked it. And the view and decor was really nice.

I haven't been here in a while. I'm finally able to plan a trip for next summer. Leaning towards poly cl but the reviews of GDT look great. I've been playing around in mde and there's not one room available the week of 8/9 at Coronado springs. How is this possible? The rest of the month is available. I'm guessing it's a glitch. Any other reason we can think of that not 1 room is available at the whole resort?

I haven't been here in a while. I'm finally able to plan a trip for next summer. Leaning towards poly cl but the reviews of GDT look great. I've been playing around in mde and there's not one room available the week of 8/9 at Coronado springs. How is this possible? The rest of the month is available. I'm guessing it's a glitch. Any other reason we can think of that not 1 room is available at the whole resort?
Coronado Springs caters to the convention crowd. Maybe the resort is hosting a very large conference. You could keep checking to see if something opens up.

..... our YC CL stay was really disappointing coming off of the GDT stay. Limited food options, especially breakfast. Indifferent CMs, always seeming put off when you asked for a beer or wine off hours.

There was one CM during our stay who was very difficult. One night he was putting away food and cordials 15 minutes early. Husband asked for a specific cordial and CM told him they didn't have it. I overheard and said 'I just saw it'. Only then did he give him the drink. And he only poured a very little bit in the cup. We had to ask for more and he poured it against his will. So odd. The rest of them were pretty nice.

There was one CM during our stay who was very difficult. One night he was putting away food and cordials 15 minutes early. Husband asked for a specific cordial and CM told him they didn't have it. I overheard and said 'I just saw it'. Only then did he give him the drink. And he only poured a very little bit in the cup. We had to ask for more and he poured it against his will. So odd. The rest of them were pretty nice.
This is disturbing on many levels.

There was one CM who was excellent (Mike) and a few that were nice enough but quite a few who were downright nasty. I experienced the same with them wanting to put things away early, not replenishing and really dirty looks every time you asked for a beer or wine ( along with tiny pours like they were paying out of their own pockets). Few gave any kind of greeting at all when you exited the elevator. Completely unacceptable. I find BC CL to be similar. I’ve had the best service at Poly and GDT.

I am really bothered by any of the CL that pour for you. I don't get it, will never understand why most are self service but a few insist on pouring for you. Last time I was at AKL they never even put beer out, you had to ask and they had to open it before giving it to us. So we couldn't take some back to the room to enjoy after returning from the parks at night. I mean, I guess each manager (CL or Resort, I have no idea) must make the rules but I'll never understand why they get to. It annoys me to the point that I won't stay at the ones who pour for me. Or where I have to ask for every drink. It's not that we drink a lot mind you, one or two is about it. It's the principal that just bugs me

There was one CM who was excellent (Mike) and a few that were nice enough but quite a few who were downright nasty. I experienced the same with them wanting to put things away early, not replenishing and really dirty looks every time you asked for a beer or wine ( along with tiny pours like they were paying out of their own pockets). Few gave any kind of greeting at all when you exited the elevator. Completely unacceptable. I find BC CL to be similar. I’ve had the best service at Poly and GDT.
I think that if this happened again I would say something to a higher level person. We just avoided interacting with this one CM because we knew he was annoying.

Isn’t self-pour vs serve yourself during evening apps running roughly 50/50 these days?

Pour for you:
GF
YC
BC
WL

Self serve:
CR
GDT
BWI
Poly

AKL? (Haven’t been since early 2018 but my memory is beer and wine were out during apps for self serving, unless I’m crossing memories, which is certainly possible).

This is going to be WAY too long a day and is really unnecessary. Epcot likely will not close to capacity. I’d cancel the breakfast ADR for sure. Sleep in, do dinner, maybe lunch, arrive midday. By 1:30 am, it was pretty much died down by the Epcot resorts. We stayed at BC so I can’t speak to the roads at that time. But while busier than normal, the resorts were somewhat dead by then. Epcot was the most crowded I’ve ever seen it and by 9pm or so, it was fairly unpleasant to walk around. We had a 10pm ish dining reservation at Spice Road Table which was perfect. Got out of the crowds and we just stayed there for the fireworks. Sat until about 12:30 and by then the International gateway exit really wasn’t too much worse than a F&W Saturday night. By 1:30 am, most of the heaviest foot traffic had cleared from BW, YV/BC areas.

I’ll add that we thought this would be a nightmare time to go but we enjoyed it immensely last year. We did MK ( inside the park with no dining or party reservations) on 12/30 and it really wasn’t that bad. The atmosphere inside he park was incredible, super fun, great countdown, music, dance parties so honestly, I would NOT watch from afar. While the fireworks were incredible, it was more about seeing them with the icicle lights on the cast,em the colors, the music- much of which will be lost from afar. It wasn’t like 4th of July, for example,which is just as good (or maybe better) from Poly or CR.

We have a 50th birthday this year for my husband who prefers a beach vacation but the year after next (and maybe every other year after that), we’ll be doing NYE again for sure!
I think that if this happened again I would say something to a higher level person. We just avoided interacting with this one CM because we knew he was annoying.
Oh, I did. I got thanked for my feedback. Nothing changed.

I am really bothered by any of the CL that pour for you. I don't get it, will never understand why most are self service but a few insist on pouring for you. Last time I was at AKL they never even put beer out, you had to ask and they had to open it before giving it to us. So we couldn't take some back to the room to enjoy after returning from the parks at night. I mean, I guess each manager (CL or Resort, I have no idea) must make the rules but I'll never understand why they get to. It annoys me to the point that I won't stay at the ones who pour for me. Or where I have to ask for every drink. It's not that we drink a lot mind you, one or two is about it. It's the principal that just bugs me
I agree on this. It’s really ridiculous and unnecessary. I swear some of them look at you with a judging look too. I agree I’m not going to those CLs anymore either.

Isn’t self-pour vs serve yourself during evening apps running roughly 50/50 these days?

Pour for you:
GF
YC
BC
WL

Self serve:
CR
GDT
BWI
Poly

AKL? (Haven’t been since early 2018 but my memory is beer and wine were out during apps for self serving, unless I’m crossing memories, which is certainly possible).
I was able to pour my own Kahula and Cream at YC last May. I do think the wine and beer was served v.s. pour/grab your own. The time before that we were at the BWI and I recall refilling my own Riesling glass..many times:). I hope I'm not gonna be made to feel like a lush when I go back to the YC CM many times next month for a wine refill.....................

Pour for you:
GF
YC
BC
WL

Self serve:
CR
GDT
BWI
Poly

WL's only pour for you that I've experience was the tapped beer. Rest was self service. Granted I haven't been since New Years this year.
Beer was the only think at AKL that we drank and it was always served sans cap. Trying to recall the last time I was there, it was 2017 I think. So it could have changed too

Doesn't really matter the split though, I don't like it and will avoid those that do it. For that reason alone. If they all start, well then, that is easier for me to accept. It's the will they won't that that annoys me. Because I don't see the reason

We just got back from the contemporary - 14th floor club level. The food was fantastic and the staff was amazing!! The dinner and dessert came from the California grill right above us.

When we 1st arrived on the 14th floor after our long trip, the girls welcomed us with big smiles and said that they were waiting for us! One of them walked us down to our room and offered to help us with anything we needed... told us dessert was just set up and that they could bring me other alcoholic beverages in addition to the cordials that were set up.

I told one of the ladies that we were going to watch the fireworks and have just a taste of the desserts since we were going to the Cali grill at 9:30 for dinner. She asked what I liked to order and told me that they’d be serving sushi from the Cali grill the next night in the club lounge. When I mentioned that we couldn’t make it the next night since we had plans for the frozen dessert party, she said she’d make us a plate and leave it in our fridge! (They kept my champagne glass full while we watched the fireworks from the lounge!)

The next night, when we got back to our room after the dessert party, a plate filled with sushi was waiting for us!!

There was another guy working there who could do perfect impressions of Mickey Mouse and goofy!! So much fun!

It was the best club lounge I’d ever visited!

I’ll post pics soon...:)

I encountered a rather rude wine-pouring CM at the GF SL a little over a year ago. I approached the wines. He stood there, kind of glaring at me. I waited, assuming he would ay something at least a little bit friendly (like “hello”). He didn’t. He just kept glaring. I finally said I’d like a white wine, to which he responded, “which one? There are a few.” Hmmmm...I told him it would make it easier for me if I knew what my choices were. He gestured to the bottles in front of himself. :sad2: I quickly chose one and went on to enjoy my night. Even my DD (who was 7 at the time) perceived the interaction as being very weird. Luckily he was only there that one night of our stay.

At YC, yes, the cordials were self serve just not beers and wines. Only Mike was “fun” and seemed happy to get people a glass of wine in their vacation 🙄
I'd never notice on those, not a cordial fan so we don't drink them. Beer only for DH, I'll indulge in beer and wine equally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter