Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I am here now in the Garden Wing and not noticing any construction. The rooms are actually quite nice. I am in 5116, which is near a side entrance facing the pool. We are also able to see the lake from our room. Our first night here about 10:10pm, we heard some loud music. We looked out our sliding glass door and saw the water pageant!!

Totally random, but I thought I’d mention that today I noticed the Disney site finally updated pics of what some of the suites and some of the garden view rooms like the deluxe and hospitality suite look like with the refurbs. I like what they’ve done with the deluxe garden view.

Totally random, but I thought I’d mention that today I noticed the Disney site finally updated pics of what some of the suites and some of the garden view rooms like the deluxe and hospitality suite look like with the refurbs. I like what they’ve done with the deluxe garden view.
And interestingly enough the elusive "Standard Room - Club Level" category which are the few 2Q regular rooms on the Tower Club/14th Floor now shows up online. Used to have to call to get get those.

Question from a CR newbie!! We're booked in early December for a Room Type: Main Tower - Lake View and I'm wondering if there is a room type floor map for CR, which may possible show which rooms are king vs. 2 Q?

Its just DH and I so we'd love a king and I know the room type mentions it could be either and we've never stayed in the main resort tower before and it seems some of the room links in the beginning of this thread are broken...

Thanks!

Question from a CR newbie!! We're booked in early December for a Room Type: Main Tower - Lake View and I'm wondering if there is a room type floor map for CR, which may possible show which rooms are king vs. 2 Q?

Its just DH and I so we'd love a king and I know the room type mentions it could be either and we've never stayed in the main resort tower before and it seems some of the room links in the beginning of this thread are broken...

Thanks!
If you go to TouringPlans and play around with their room finder, it appears that there aren't any king beds in the Main Tower - Lake view...but I may be wrong.

Thanks!

Yeah, I was going to suggest TouringPlans too: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-contemporary-resort But as PP notes it's inconclusive. I don't view TP's bed type data as 100% fact... directionally accurate yes, 100% reliable, no - it was probably right originally but over the years/renovations that level of detail loses its accuracy unless Disney gives them better info.

I don't think we have a good handle on just how many King rooms are in the tower. I would have said there are at least some (and may be in accessible rooms), but very, very few, but I don't know that for a fact.

If King is important if I were you I'd put in a request for a King bed and leave it at that, but go in knowing the chances are you'll get 2Qs.

There are a couple of categories you can book that would guarantee a King.... Garden Wing - King and Standard Room-King-Club Level, for example, if you'd like to look into other options.

HTH!

Yeah, I was going to suggest TouringPlans too: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-contemporary-resort But as PP notes it's inconclusive. I don't view TP's bed type data as 100% fact... directionally accurate yes, 100% reliable, no - it was probably right originally but over the years/renovations that level of detail loses its accuracy unless Disney gives them better info.

I don't think we have a good handle on just how many King rooms are in the tower. I would have said there are at least some (and may be in accessible rooms), but very, very few, but I don't know that for a fact.

If King is important if I were you I'd put in a request for a King bed and leave it at that, but go in knowing the chances are you'll get 2Qs.

There are a couple of categories you can book that would guarantee a King.... Garden Wing - King and Standard Room-King-Club Level, for example, if you'd like to look into other options.

HTH!
If you go to TouringPlans and play around with their room finder, it appears that there aren't any king beds in the Main Tower - Lake view...but I may be wrong.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Touring Plans and have gotten some great room requests through them and we're doing a cash stay at CR and got an email from TP saying to not to forget to submit a room request for them...so when I searched for a "king" in the tower I got nothing and just saw 2Qs only...

so I did submit a room request and added a comment that a King would be nice but we're 100% fine with 2Qs..that just means I have a bed ALL TO MYSELF!!

:rotfl2:

and its only 3 nights so I'll totally be fine! and I mean, heck I'll be at the Contemporary so it'll be great!

Thanks for the responses!

Disney Eats Unveils New Foodie Guide to Can’t Miss Gingerbread Displays 2022

fgf8398727024809.jpg

This year is very exciting for Disney’s Contemporary Resort because its display is back! This is the 11th year the Contemporary Bakery team has created a masterpiece so how appropriate that it will open on November 11 at 11:00 a.m. The 50th Anniversary Themed Castle Display is a Mary Blair-inspired castle designed by Walt Disney Imagineers and will feature a brand-new 50th anniversary overlay… and 11 hidden 5-legged goats! Don’t forget to check out the limited-edition pins, mugs, and holiday ornaments to remember the season. There are also plenty of treats you can get, including:

• 50th Anniversary Gingerbread Castle Brick (New)
  • Family Tradition Cookie Box featuring a Coconut Macaroon from Chef Jeff’s family, a Sugar Cookie from Chef Kelly’s family, a Butterball from Chef Amber’s family, and a Kitchen Sink Cookie representing all the Cast in the Bakery coming together to bring this display back! (New)
  • Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
  • Linzer Cookie
  • Gluten-friendly 5-Legged Goat Sugar Cookie (New)
  • Dark Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Bar (New)
  • Hot Cocoa Bombs (New)
  • Frozen drinks with optional alcohol floaters:
    • Frozen Coquito with a rum floater
    • Frozen Hot Chocolate with peppermint schnapps
    • Frozen Apple Cider with a fireball floater
gfg3724897922343.jpg

In addition, several spots across Resorts will feature a new Gingerbread Martini with Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread, freshly baked in the Resort Bakery. It’s the perfect blend of sugar, spice, and everything nice! You can find this delicious holiday beverage at Grand Floridian Café, Cítricos, and Enchanted Rose at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Boma: Flavors of Africa and Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Chef Mickey’s and Outer Rim at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and dinner at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.

Disney Eats Unveils New Foodie Guide to Can’t Miss Gingerbread Displays 2022

fgf8398727024809.jpg

This year is very exciting for Disney’s Contemporary Resort because its display is back! This is the 11th year the Contemporary Bakery team has created a masterpiece so how appropriate that it will open on November 11 at 11:00 a.m. The 50th Anniversary Themed Castle Display is a Mary Blair-inspired castle designed by Walt Disney Imagineers and will feature a brand-new 50th anniversary overlay… and 11 hidden 5-legged goats! Don’t forget to check out the limited-edition pins, mugs, and holiday ornaments to remember the season. There are also plenty of treats you can get, including:

• 50th Anniversary Gingerbread Castle Brick (New)
  • Family Tradition Cookie Box featuring a Coconut Macaroon from Chef Jeff’s family, a Sugar Cookie from Chef Kelly’s family, a Butterball from Chef Amber’s family, and a Kitchen Sink Cookie representing all the Cast in the Bakery coming together to bring this display back! (New)
  • Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
  • Linzer Cookie
  • Gluten-friendly 5-Legged Goat Sugar Cookie (New)
  • Dark Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Bar (New)
  • Hot Cocoa Bombs (New)
  • Frozen drinks with optional alcohol floaters:
    • Frozen Coquito with a rum floater
    • Frozen Hot Chocolate with peppermint schnapps
    • Frozen Apple Cider with a fireball floater
gfg3724897922343.jpg

In addition, several spots across Resorts will feature a new Gingerbread Martini with Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread, freshly baked in the Resort Bakery. It’s the perfect blend of sugar, spice, and everything nice! You can find this delicious holiday beverage at Grand Floridian Café, Cítricos, and Enchanted Rose at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Boma: Flavors of Africa and Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Chef Mickey’s and Outer Rim at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and dinner at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
Yaya! We'll be there next week!

Just a heads up for anyone who might have an upcoming reservation at CR- I had booked a 3 night stay the first weekend in December under NO discount as it seemed they were all booked out (so full price for a Tower-Lake View room) and looking on Sunday I happened to notice that there was suddenly the "Passholders Save up to 25% off" discount available at CR and other resorts!!

I was able to amend my booking and save over $400!

Woot!

Can't wait for our first stay at CR!

My family just returned from a stay at the Contemporary {BLT actually} and had a few issues with transportation. Our first day we went to Epcot and took the monorail to the TTC, were we learned the monorail to Epcot was down. It was a 20 minute wait for a bus to take us. I know that happens sometimes but 2 days later we once again tried to take a monorail to Epcot, This time a security person stopped us at the security check at the Contemporary and told us we couldn't use the Monorail because the elevator was down and we had a double stroller. We were told the escalator was not an option. They were pretty rude about it. They didn't give us any option. No buses were being run to Epcot. We ended up having to walk to the MK and taking the monorail to the TTC to pickup the monorail to Epcot. Needless to say we weren't even close to making it to park opening.

When you stay at this resort the monorail is the big selling point. It's very frustrating to pay premium $$$ but end up riding a bus to the parks. We wont be staying here again.

My family just returned from a stay at the Contemporary {BLT actually} and had a few issues with transportation. Our first day we went to Epcot and took the monorail to the TTC, were we learned the monorail to Epcot was down. It was a 20 minute wait for a bus to take us. I know that happens sometimes but 2 days later we once again tried to take a monorail to Epcot, This time a security person stopped us at the security check at the Contemporary and told us we couldn't use the Monorail because the elevator was down and we had a double stroller. We were told the escalator was not an option. They were pretty rude about it. They didn't give us any option. No buses were being run to Epcot. We ended up having to walk to the MK and taking the monorail to the TTC to pickup the monorail to Epcot. Needless to say we weren't even close to making it to park opening.

When you stay at this resort the monorail is the big selling point. It's very frustrating to pay premium $$$ but end up riding a bus to the parks. We wont be staying here again.
Yikes!

Generally the mono is a great perk but when they load extra trains or take off they close for a bit. Also with bad weather like high winds or thunder is closes. We tried to leave Epcot in Sept and they said it was closed with no idea when it would reopen. Thank heavens for ride share.

Biggest difference is on our mom in me trips we can handle most changes like that however with a stroller it’s not that easy!

How did you like the room? BLT is one of my favs for 1 and 2 bedroom. I love the space. We walk to MK most days as well so location works for us.

Thanks for your feedback. it’s good to see both sides.

Yikes!

Generally the mono is a great perk but when they load extra trains or take off they close for a bit. Also with bad weather like high winds or thunder is closes. We tried to leave Epcot in Sept and they said it was closed with no idea when it would reopen. Thank heavens for ride share.

Biggest difference is on our mom in me trips we can handle most changes like that however with a stroller it’s not that easy!

How did you like the room? BLT is one of my favs for 1 and 2 bedroom. I love the space. We walk to MK most days as well so location works for us.

Thanks for your feedback. it’s good to see both sides.
The 2 bedroom was just OK for us. We were very happy to be on the far end so we had a great view of the fire works even though we only paid for a water view. The problem for me was everything seemed very cramped. The master bedroom had a very heavy uncomfortable chair stuck between the bed and the balcony door that I must have hit a half dozen times during our stay. It made it difficult to get into bed on that side but the room was so tight that there really was no other place to move it to. We have stayed at many other 2 bedrooms and it never felt this cramped in them. We had just stayed at a 2 bedroom at OKW so that didn't help.

It's not a bad resort just not my style, and having to depend on a very fickle monorail system gives it to much chance of ruining a day. We did actually use Disney's car service one day, and it worked fine. The problem I have with that is I feel like I am paying Disney even more money when Disney's "Free" transportation, that is supposed to be a perk for my very expensive room, isn't being maintained.

The only thing we noticed they did not have was shave cream.
Yes, this was our experience as well during our stay in Oct at WL. For myself, I used the conditioner that they supplied in the room and that worked alright. Not so sure my husband liked that substitution when shaving his face.

Silly question, but has anyone heard anything more about the pool refurb this winter?? It seems like a lengthy refurb—site claims January to early April. Really wanted to book it for a few days over spring break (maybe a split stay with YC) ( I even saw some CL availability), but it seems like a bad idea if the pool area is closed except for the little bullseye pool. It really seems like a long time to shut down a whole pool at an expensive deluxe resort. They should at least allow the BLT pool for guests. 😔

Silly question, but has anyone heard anything more about the pool refurb this winter?? It seems like a lengthy refurb—site claims January to early April. Really wanted to book it for a few days over spring break (maybe a split stay with YX
Yes! I have done exactly what you’re thinking for our spring break, a split stay at CR and BCV. Booked CR directly and renting DVC points for BCV. We chose CR for our Magic Kingdom days, and will happily bounce to BCV and Stormalong Bay after that. Here is the email I received after booking CR:
We are thrilled you have chosen to be our Guest at Disney's Contemporary Resort and are excited to share our hospitality with you.
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience, we often refresh our offerings from time to time. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that the Contemporary Feature Pool and whirlpool spa will be unavailable due to refurbishment from January 9 through early April 2023. During this time the water play area and Bay Lake Pool will remain open for your enjoyment.
Edit: dates at CR are 3/30 - 4/1
BCV are 4/1 - 4/8
Edit #2: Bay Lake Pool is not the BLT/DVC Bay Cove Pool. 🤪

Last edited:
Yes! I have done exactly what you’re thinking for our spring break, a split stay at CR and BCV. Booked CR directly and renting DVC points for BCV. The website warned of the main pool closure at CR, but mentioned you can use the BLT pool. We chose CR for our Magic Kingdom days, and will happily bounce to BCV and Stormalong Bay after that. Here is the email I received after booking CR:
We are thrilled you have chosen to be our Guest at Disney's Contemporary Resort and are excited to share our hospitality with you.
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience, we often refresh our offerings from time to time. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that the Contemporary Feature Pool and whirlpool spa will be unavailable due to refurbishment from January 9 through early April 2023. During this time the water play area and Bay Lake Pool will remain open for your enjoyment.
Edit: dates at CR are 3/30 - 4/1
BCV are 4/1 - 4/8
Thanks for you reply. One thing I was worried about—your email & the Disney website both mention that we can use the Bay Lake pool, but I’m pretty sure that is NOT the pool at Bay Lake Tower (I thought that one was called the Cove pool). I hope I’m wrong bc it seems pretty bad to leave all the people at the CR with only that little “Bullseye” pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter