Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

At first I wanted lake view but DH thinks having the fireworks/MK will be fun for us so now I'm happy that he's happy. We were going back and forth between CR and Poly bc we love the patios at Poly so much, but walking to the MK will be great as well as the CL views. Maybe we'll get a cabana too!
We loved the balcony! Most of the pix had us in it but here’s some to get you in the mood!

You can see the EWP that’s shown at MK around 10:30p fyi it’s just hard to hear.

IMG_0751.pngIMG_0753.pngIMG_0754.pngIMG_0755.pngIMG_0757.pngIMG_0760.pngIMG_0758.pngIMG_0759.pngIMG_0761.pngIMG_0762.png

We loved the balcony! Most of the pix had us in it but here’s some to get you in the mood!

You can see the EWP that’s shown at MK around 10:30p fyi it’s just hard to hear.

View attachment 848240View attachment 848241View attachment 848242View attachment 848243View attachment 848244View attachment 848245View attachment 848246View attachment 848247View attachment 848248View attachment 848249
Such a beautiful view! Thank you for the pictures! Is that balcony larger than normal?

Such a beautiful view! Thank you for the pictures! Is that balcony larger than normal?
@jemtx covered the basic answer of Yes.

The reason for the much larger (deeper) balconies is due to the way the 14th floor is set back from the edge of the A Frame. The 14th floor is fully enclosed. There is no opening to the Atrium of the building. The Atrium Club (12th) floor is the highest floor that is open to the Atrium.

Dave

@jemtx covered the basic answer of Yes.

The reason for the much larger (deeper) balconies is due to the way the 14th floor is set back from the edge of the A Frame. The 14th floor is fully enclosed. There is no opening to the Atrium of the building. The Atrium Club (12th) floor is the highest floor that is open to the Atrium.

Dave
I’m trying to imagine this as we only stayed Cl once at CR and it must have been the 12th floor. Is the King CL room part of a different CL?

I’m trying to imagine this as we only stayed Cl once at CR and it must have been the 12th floor. Is the King CL room part of a different CL?
Yes, those are on the 14th floor known as Tower Club. It is fully enclosed from an atrium and comprised of mostly suites (so the lounge is smaller and less people). The balconies are HUGE compared to regular ones. They are much deeper and fit a chaise lounger. Go to the CL thread and a bunch of people there have great recent photos.

Yes, those are on the 14th floor known as Tower Club. It is fully enclosed from an atrium and comprised of mostly suites (so the lounge is smaller and less people). The balconies are HUGE compared to regular ones. They are much deeper and fit a chaise lounger. Go to the CL thread and a bunch of people there have great recent photos.
Ah I think I’ve seen that mentioned before. Thank you I’ll go take a look! Have you stayed at both and did you like them both as far as offerings?

Ah I think I’ve seen that mentioned before. Thank you I’ll go take a look! Have you stayed at both and did you like them both as far as offerings?
I’ve only stayed at the atrium club on the 12th floor. On CL thread there are a couple people who have stayed both.

From what I’ve heard the offering are fairly identical. Nightly sushi used to be a difference, but since the new year they have aligned the lounges to be the same offerings. On CL thread there are some pics around April and May of last year as well as some from this past January.

Let me get you some lounge pix of Tower. Food is the same but there are generally fewer people in the Tower lounge since there are not many rooms on this floor. We prefer the lounge and balconies of Tower cl. Yes the lounge also has big balconies! Those are great arrival day!

Only downsize for us is the rooms look sterile. I prefer the Impossibles coloring on 12th and floors below.

Back soon with pix!

Last edited:
DH and I are planning a CL stay next spring at the CR for part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We've stayed CL before as a family but for this trip I've specifically booked the Resort View King CL room. I'm not sure how many rooms there are in that specific category but any idea on the views from those rooms? I'm trying to figure out if I should request anything or they are all the same. Thanks for any advice!

I spent 20 years with the YC waterview CL room as my favorite room onsite. After staying in that TC king room twice I now have a hard time picking between the 2. In fact, I booked that split stay for our anniversary in September. I’ll add a few fireworks & Electric Water Pagent pictures to what @trishadono posted. These are from July 3rd, so there were more extensive fireworks.

IMG_2328.pngIMG_2329.pngIMG_2330.pngIMG_2327.pngIMG_0541.pngIMG_0540.pngIMG_0507.jpegIMG_0528.jpegIMG_0529.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter