Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
my relative/family member is there now. 3:30 a.m. alarms went off and they had to evacuate out of casitas, all casitas were evacuated. there was no one helping, giving out information, gathering anyone, nothing. some people just kept themselves in their rooms anyway.

my relative/family member is there now. 3:30 a.m. alarms went off and they had to evacuate out of casitas, all casitas were evacuated. there was no one helping, giving out information, gathering anyone, nothing. some people just kept themselves in their rooms anyway.

Wow! Scary. We had an alarm go off around 12am at Hard Rock Hotel one night, but they also sounded a recording which played in each room (I guess through the fire alarm?) advising everyone to stay in their rooms until further notice. They then subsequently sent another recording through saying no one needed evacuate. Does WDW do anything like this when an alarm is sounding?

Is this an accurate photo of the refurbished vanity/sink area? Looks like a lot of space for your stuff here. I know I'd be fine with it.
Yes, that is a good picture. And when I saw pictures before our visit I was happy with the way it looked. But reality is that pictures don't always represent accurately. What you can't tell is that that ledge comes over the faucets and the sinks being square and with the big sides seem to take up space. and what is hard to tell from the picture is the closet comes out pretty far, so if you are using the sink on the right you most likely will knock into the closet.
It looks great!!! but reality.... it was very awkward and a very tight space for us.

Yeah from all pictures of this area, I can see that it is pretty small. Its only hubby and me, so it will work.

What I don't like is those tiny new fridges with no storage space in the door! Its a glass door which is kind of dumb because the fridge is located so low, and way too small. This is one reason I don't mind staying off property. Bigger fridges AND microwaves at a lot of places. We use the fridge a lot for drinks and leftovers.
disney_coronado_springs_refurbished_room-50.jpg

ok switched. port orleans french quarter opened up during my split stay and i switch from coronado to pofq november. with my relative's visit this week she always had good experiences there except for this time. the fire alarm going off at 3 a.m. was the last straw for me and coincidentally this opened up so i switched over. hard to choose but her visit swayed my decision.

ok switched. port orleans french quarter opened up during my split stay and i switch from coronado to pofq november. with my relative's visit this week she always had good experiences there except for this time. the fire alarm going off at 3 a.m. was the last straw for me and coincidentally this opened up so i switched over. hard to choose but her visit swayed my decision.

I’ve stayed at the BC when the fire alarms have gone off. Not sure why you would think it’s a CSR thing?

the fire alarm going off at 3 a.m. was the last straw for me and coincidentally this opened up so i switched over.

FWIW, this can happen anywhere, anytime. The lack of CM assistance and information was likely due to the fact that the alarm went off in the middle of the night. I'm sure they first needed to figure out what was going on.

Either way, the hotel should make an announcement. When alarms go off in the middle of the night. guests need to know what to do. In many cases there is no need to evacuate and this needs to be announced.

Okay, here's a silly question. Where do you put your suitcases in this room? Do they have foldable luggage racks?
Hubby never unpacks his bag and I only hang a few things up. I hate putting my suitcase on the floor; its a pain to dig around for things when its on the floor. I like the rooms that have a bench type place where I usually put my bag.
This room doesn't have anything like that. (did the old ones)??

Yeah from all pictures of this area, I can see that it is pretty small. Its only hubby and me, so it will work.

What I don't like is those tiny new fridges with no storage space in the door! Its a glass door which is kind of dumb because the fridge is located so low, and way too small. This is one reason I don't mind staying off property. Bigger fridges AND microwaves at a lot of places. We use the fridge a lot for drinks and leftovers.
disney_coronado_springs_refurbished_room-50.jpg
And watch out because those tiny little shelves are very flimsy! We tried to put bottles of water and juice in there and shelf kept sagging then popped out of the slots on the side. That was something we didn't like too!

Okay, here's a silly question. Where do you put your suitcases in this room? Do they have foldable luggage racks?
Hubby never unpacks his bag and I only hang a few things up. I hate putting my suitcase on the floor; its a pain to dig around for things when its on the floor. I like the rooms that have a bench type place where I usually put my bag.
This room doesn't have anything like that. (did the old ones)??
No foldable racks!! Another thing we didn't like!!! We are just like you! I don't like putting anything in those drawers, keep my smaller items in the suitcase and hang most of my clothes.... which is why the closet is way too small.
We had to keep my suitcase on top of the dresser. Every time I opened my suitcase it slammed into the TV. My daughter used the small chair that was under the desk.

The entire set up was not to our liking!! I hope they don't make other resorts set up like this!

No foldable racks!! Another thing we didn't like!!! We are just like you! I don't like putting anything in those drawers, keep my smaller items in the suitcase and hang most of my clothes.... which is why the closet is way too small.
We had to keep my suitcase on top of the dresser. Every time I opened my suitcase it slammed into the TV. My daughter used the small chair that was under the desk.

The entire set up was not to our liking!! I hope they don't make other resorts set up like this!

That's what I was afraid of :( -- I guess my bag will go under the TV. We don't use the TV anyway. At least when the rooms had a table and chairs, you could put your bag on the table when you weren't using it to eat at. (which we rarely do)
And yeah, I'm not happy with those fridges at all. What were they thinking??? Even the old ones were pretty bad but at least they had storage in the door.

Did anyone notice more noise from the room above you since they got rid of the carpet?
I'm thinking we need the top floor, just in case.

I didn't choose this resort, my daughter and SIL did, he is military. So at least we got a good rate.
Next time I want to stay in an Epcot resort. Would love being able to easily walk to the park from the resort.

Last edited:
The suspected reason for the tower construction is to better accommodate business/convention travelers. It appears the recent room refurbs were made with an eye toward catering to the needs of business travelers and conventioneers. As we always travel with a maximum occupancy of two in our room, the lack of a luggage rack never crossed my mind. We simply put our luggage on the otherwise unused second bed. (You can also unpack and then tuck bags under the bed for storage)

Business travelers will probably find the new wardrobe a handy place to hang a garment bag and business attire. Removal of bathtubs, addition of USB outlets, not being overly focused on the size of the mini fridge - all of these are signs to me that the refurbs were not made for family travelers. I get that the changes are disappointing for some, but they are great upgrades for others. It all depends on your perspective.

Does anyone know the estimated completion date for the Dig Site and the restaurant over the water? Thanks!

The Dig Site is slated to be closed until 12/12/18. The restaurant over the water won't be completed for a while - I believe the tower and restaurant construction are both estimating Fall 2019 completion last I heard?

I was disappointed that there was not a least one luggage rack....I like to use them.
I am not a fan of putting my luggage on the bed even at any time. We put one of our luggage on the desk area and the empty ones under the beds.
The beds are quite high, IMHO, I had to kind of jump to get into it. My legs certainly dangled when I sat on the bed; I am 5' 5" tall.

Our 'cooler' worked pretty good; we put bottles of water and wine in there but maybe not as much stuff as others.
We did not run into the bathroom area being a tight squeeze and had lots of storage (as I said earlier) but everyone has different needs.
We had a bathtub not a walk-in shower.
I did really like the Disney CSR under construction pins, 3 of them, left as a small gift.
I agree with the thought of the refurbed rooms being more business focused. :flower1:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter