Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever enjoyed NYE at this resort? I've stayed at POR/POFQ over New Year's Eve, and have really enjoyed the hotel activities. I wondered if anyone knew what kinds of activities they do at CSR!

What's everyone's favourite and least favourite thing about this resort?

Favorite:
  • Beautiful, peaceful grounds. Very "vacation" feel for us.
  • Centrally located with decent bus service and quick commutes.
  • Love the Dig Site pool.
  • Love the preferred rooms in Casitas 1, 2, and 3 - convenient to El Centro (dining, store, etc.) and close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first pick up and first drop off for the buses (except Disney Springs).

Least Favorite:
  • El Mercado is mostly good, but we don't think it has as many options as some other food courts. Being third party operated, some of the food quality differs (i.e. different style of pizza than we like - its a flatbread kind).
  • Convention attendees - while we've never had a negative experience with the business travelers here, we do feel their presence detracts from that "vacation" feel we like. I travel a lot for work, so seeing them with lanyards on conference calls or working on laptops by the lagoon just reminds me of work. Bursts my "Disney bubble" a bit, so to speak. There's a difference between being surrounded by like-minded vacationing families as opposed to business colleagues that are forced to be at Disney.

Favorite:
  • Love the preferred rooms in Casitas 1, 2, and 3 - convenient to El Centro (dining, store, etc.) and close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first pick up and first drop off for the buses (except Disney Springs).

This
:-) plus being able to grab a quick Iced Coffee at Cafe Rix

Has anyone ever enjoyed NYE at this resort? I've stayed at POR/POFQ over New Year's Eve, and have really enjoyed the hotel activities. I wondered if anyone knew what kinds of activities they do at CSR!

We haven't yet, but plan to this year.

I'm hoping the restaurant on top of the tower has a special function. There should be a view of all the fireworks from up there. I think it would be a great spot to ring in the New Year.

I'm hoping the restaurant on top of the tower has a special function. There should be a view of all the fireworks from up there. I think it would be a great spot to ring in the New Year.
Good thought!! We'll have to keep an eye out for any announcement!!

Favorite:

Least Favorite:
  • El Mercado is mostly good, but we don't think it has as many options as some other food courts. Being third party operated, some of the food quality differs (i.e. different style of pizza than we like - its a flatbread kind).
  • Convention attendees - while we've never had a negative experience with the business travelers here, we do feel their presence detracts from that "vacation" feel we like. I travel a lot for work, so seeing them with lanyards on conference calls or working on laptops by the lagoon just reminds me of work. Bursts my "Disney bubble" a bit, so to speak. There's a difference between being surrounded by like-minded vacationing families as opposed to business colleagues that are forced to be at Disney.

These are all great! Keep 'em coming!

It’s my first time staying at CSR. I really want to stay in Ranchos. I love the ambiance and design of the building, also to be as close to the pool as possible, would you guys recommend building 7B?

Stayed in 7B in April. We loved the location. Close to bus stop 3 and in 9 days we only had to stand on the bus once. We were very close to the Ranchos quiet pool and it was convenient for the Dig Site pool too.

Just got back last night. Wasn't my favorite stay at Coronado. There was a HUGE convention going on. I forgot to check that ahead of time.

Things that worked well...
1. buses (never waited more than 20 min)
2. housekeeping (room always clean when coming back to nap)
3. front desk and bell services
4. room was ready at 11:30 (asked for 1st floor not facing parking lot, did get the 1st floor but was staring at the parking lot lol)

Things that were less than enjoyable...
1. One group of convention guests chanting on bus and taunting other dance/cheer competitors.
2. One group of convention guests arguing with bus drivers over not being able to take bus to after hours event.
3. minor but I had to call about Magical Express paperwork, we never received it even after calling. Had to stop at Bell Services in the AM to have them print it.

Isn't there a way to see what conventions are going on ahead of time?

Thanks

We did NYE there a few years ago and had a great time! They had activities for the kids, like a cup stacking competition and dance party. They passed out glow necklaces, hats and horns. They had a big screen set up and turned on the ball drop in NYC and did the count down. I'm not sure how it is now with the new tower, but we were able to run up to the third floor and see the fireworks from MK, Epcot and HS all at the same time!

We did NYE there a few years ago and had a great time! They had activities for the kids, like a cup stacking competition and dance party. They passed out glow necklaces, hats and horns. They had a big screen set up and turned on the ball drop in NYC and did the count down. I'm not sure how it is now with the new tower, but we were able to run up to the third floor and see the fireworks from MK, Epcot and HS all at the same time!
Awesome info!!!! Where did you go to watch the fireworks exactly? That would be amazing!!

I'm not 100% sure, but it was near El Centro because the screen was set up there and we left right as the count down started to get to higher ground. I think it was Casitas 1. Keep in mind you can't see all the fireworks, mostly the high ones, and they are at a distance. It was still great, though!

At the time, they were live streaming the MK fireworks (I think on YouTube), and I turned that on so we had music, too! Not sure if they do that every year or we just got lucky.

Reactions: CJK
I'm out of the loop on Disney information, but am planning a very last minute (like next weekend) trip - not enough time to read all 400+ pages of this thread. What's the current state of construction at CSR - is the main pool open again, would construction noise ruin a pool/resort day?

Thanks!

Last I heard the main pool was open. And probably most of the construction now is inside as the GDT opens in 2 months, so probably a resort day would not be impacted by noise. Have fun!

Just got back last night. Wasn't my favorite stay at Coronado. There was a HUGE convention going on. I forgot to check that ahead of time.

Things that worked well...
1. buses (never waited more than 20 min)
2. housekeeping (room always clean when coming back to nap)
3. front desk and bell services
4. room was ready at 11:30 (asked for 1st floor not facing parking lot, did get the 1st floor but was staring at the parking lot lol)

Things that were less than enjoyable...
1. One group of convention guests chanting on bus and taunting other dance/cheer competitors.
2. One group of convention guests arguing with bus drivers over not being able to take bus to after hours event.
3. minor but I had to call about Magical Express paperwork, we never received it even after calling. Had to stop at Bell Services in the AM to have them print it.

Isn't there a way to see what conventions are going on ahead of time?

Thanks

So sorry you did not enjoy your stay at CSR but I am not sure how any of the less than enjoyable things were directly resort related? I have seen lots of unacceptable behaviors on Disney resort buses at times no matter the resort, some quite awful.

I have asked the same question about conventions at CSR too and so far have not received an answer.
I hope you have a better time on your next visit to Disney.

For those of you who have asked about Convention Schedules, the most reliable source for that info is on the CSR Facebook group.

You’ll also find lots of photos and updates. It’s a great group so I hope y’all will check it out! ::yes::

I'm out of the loop on Disney information, but am planning a very last minute (like next weekend) trip - not enough time to read all 400+ pages of this thread. What's the current state of construction at CSR - is the main pool open again, would construction noise ruin a pool/resort day?

Thanks!
I am arriving on the 13th, so it sounds like just a couple days after you?

From everything I've heard/read, ALL of the pools are open. I've watched a few youtube videos and the only place where construction seemed very loud/obtrusive was in cabanas 8c, the one very close to new tower. I put in a room request for Casitas specifically to try and stay away from that, but of course I know that's only a request.
I am very excited about going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter