Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine being in a highly anticipated tower with no AC in August in Florida 🥵
We just got back from the pool and our room is still ok but we are facing due north. I was just looking at the rest of the tower and thinking about that.

Still out for us. We are on 15th floor. Club level staff isn’t able to provide much info. We have Toledo reservations tonight. Not sure if the restaurant is affected or not.
Just saw a sign downstairs that only indicates Dahlia is closed tonight.

Moved to Casitas 4. Out of rooms with power in tower.
That's too bad. We're booked in a regular room next week and I had considered looking for tower availability because it looks really nice, but I think we'll stay where we are! I hope they get it sorted out and you get your tower stay eventually.

Just got a call from the front desk - they do not have any anticipated time for getting the power on. They are proactively moving people out from the sections with no power. We’re moving to our third room in as many days! But getting a credit for one night.
Personally, I would go to the front desk and very politely, calmly, and with much empathy, explain that you are not having such a great time. Maybe nothing will come of it besides a few more fastpasses, but it might help you feel better for the rest of your trip.

Then, when you return home, contact guest services (?) and explain your disappointment and inconvenience, again, politely and respectfully. Also include how the CMs handled the situation (especially the positives). I can't say what they'd do with it, but it seems Disney will usually try to make you feel better about a bad stay.

Are all the elevators out? What is everyone doing; using the stairs to go up and down to their floors?
This is what has me rethinking my trip to Gran Destino Club Level that I have to pay off tomorrow. Very nervous about the reports I am reading and how badly the communication was lacking.

Are all the elevators out? What is everyone doing; using the stairs to go up and down to their floors?
This is what has me rethinking my trip to Gran Destino Club Level that I have to pay off tomorrow. Very nervous about the reports I am reading and how badly the communication was lacking.
We have Coronado (not the tower) booked next week- our first time at that resort and I'm currently looking for another option. Our June trip was just one problem after another. Enough that we left early and I was thinking about cancelling our November trip. Then the AP preview for GE came out and we decided to give it another shot. I went with CSR instead of an AS, hoping to make everything as relaxing as possible without blowing up the budget and I am definitely second guessing that choice

Elevators are now working. While they were being worked on I read reports on Facebook that cast members were at all the elevator banks directing people to use the Mousekeeping elevators.

Also reading reports of being well taken care of by the CSR CMs yesterday during the outage and also people have been being compensated for their troubles.
Remember, complaints will always be the "loudest" on the internet - more fun to read. ;)

I am still really looking forward to our stay there. :)

Got the Triangle Deluxe Suite. Room is nice but view is uninspired. Can see Epcot and HS but if you won’t be here at fireworks time it’s a downgrade from water view.

Met a couple just arrived from Europe that checked in next to our old room. Sending guests to rooms without power is a bad play.01429C0A-D9FD-484C-BA94-8E1F5E2BBD2C.jpegAE1E4158-5A30-483D-A14D-3989A385BC8D.jpegFDE46FF9-D3C0-4883-AE63-8B05E1B080F3.jpeg

Attachments

• 29E4D4CF-06B7-41B4-9468-6384358212A4.jpeg
    29E4D4CF-06B7-41B4-9468-6384358212A4.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 48
  • E92D161A-6464-4B30-B562-5D38B3908652.jpeg
    E92D161A-6464-4B30-B562-5D38B3908652.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 47
  • AA12F17E-783B-42F1-BEC5-8E3E46F32B5E.jpeg
    AA12F17E-783B-42F1-BEC5-8E3E46F32B5E.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 48
Huh. The outages might explain why we don't have a room at 5pm. My boys are in the pool while DD and I hang out on the chairs. We'd all really like to shower before our 730 dinner at Toledo. Thankfully, it looks like moving the ADR isn't a problem. I just hoped to enjoy Dahlia before I fall asleep!

We have Coronado (not the tower) booked next week- our first time at that resort and I'm currently looking for another option. Our June trip was just one problem after another. Enough that we left early and I was thinking about cancelling our November trip. Then the AP preview for GE came out and we decided to give it another shot. I went with CSR instead of an AS, hoping to make everything as relaxing as possible without blowing up the budget and I am definitely second guessing that choice
Seems it was just the tower that was affected so not sure you need to worry. Different power grids most likely. We are staying there for the first time in 10 days. If I was a tower reservation we would move but casitas seem fine and we are looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter