Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely check it out! For the price compared to other places it just worked out better plus Disney provides transportation back and forth to the courses if you have school/tee times. He usually plays multiple times when we go but this will be the first time for the school...I'll report in and let you know how that goes. They have all kinds of options...he's doing half day ($300) and just playing the rest of the time but I think the full is a couple hundred more and includes playing with the pro 9 holes. He's a super nice guys, info below. Also https://www.golfwdw.com/instruction

Michael Schlager - mschlager@palmergolf.com

They used to hold your clubs and move them to whatever course you play next but that's suspended for Covid. They did at one point actually have golf packages w resort but I haven't looked into that lately so not sure what's happening w that.

I figured that mixed with CSR would give him more of an adult vibe, not Mickey in your face kinda trip. :)
Thank you, this would be a great gift to my husband. Yes, please let me know how it goes!

Hi KerryCM I have stayed at this resort several times before and the walk from the Tower to the Dig Site Pool is under a 1/4 mile approximately. We had always stayed at Cabanas 9C but that building is now gone and the Tower is in its place. We are going here on March 1st for a one week stay and I requested Cabanas 8C building standard room which has its own satellite pool and a bit closer to the big Dig Site Pool. The Tower is beautiful but I did not want to spend the extra money for the Tower. I'd rather spend it on my grandkids! We will be a group of 7 in two rooms. I know a request is only a request but keeping my fingers crossed.

My only concern staying this time around is the breakfast offerings. I don't know if we will be able to get the kids breakfast or we should stop at Walmart on the way to the resort (renting a car) and pick up some cereal and breakfast bars/fruit to eat in the mornings.

Have a great stay!!

MJ
Thanks for the info! The Tower was the only place with the cast discount for this time period. I am really up in the air about going at all. I have comp passes for me to use and Military Salute passes for the others. It is only a long weekend trip, but I really wanTed the BW area!

For those there now - I noticed today on the Disney website that El Mercado de Coronado lists margaritas on the quick service dinner menu. I'm wondering if they're the prepackaged, in the cooler variety or if there's an actual "counter/bar" for them? Thanks very much!! Also wondering why it matters to me....

For those there now - I noticed today on the Disney website that El Mercado de Coronado lists margaritas on the quick service dinner menu. I'm wondering if they're the prepackaged, in the cooler variety or if there's an actual "counter/bar" for them? Thanks very much!! Also wondering why it matters to me....
YES I want to know too!! Good question.

Margaritas were premixed in bulk. Like a slurped from 711. Not individually made. HTH

I just booked a last minute Presidents Day weekend last night. I've stayed at Coronado before. The last time being May of 2019 before the tower was completed. I want to make a room request via touringplans. We have a standard room booked. I was thinking 8C- Cabanas to be close to El Centro and walking to the tower bus stop.

I notice it says RIX is temporaly closed. Does anyone know if that's a "foreseeable" future thing? And thoughts on it regardless? We are going to have to eat one of the day at the resort and I am torn between that and Three Bridges.

I notice it says RIX is temporaly closed. Does anyone know if that's a "foreseeable" future thing? And thoughts on it regardless? We are going to have to eat one of the day at the resort and I am torn between that and Three Bridges.

Make sure you’re looking at the right Rix. Rix Sports Bar & Grill is open. Cafe Rix is what is ‘temporarily unavailable.’ Cafe Rix was open for awhile there but closed when they opened El Mercado.

(Side note, I’m sure I’m missing something but I’ve never quite understood why these share a similar name)

I've read that you have to get on a "wait list" to eat at Three Bridges. No ADRs and not QS. Is this a walk up wait list? How long do you typically have to wait? We'll be there President's Day weekend.

We're booked at the GDT next month. Anyone have suggestions on best rooms for views or areas of the Tower that are better than others? We have a water view room booked. Also, how is the bus stop at the main entrance in the mornings? Is it hard to get a bus that isn't at capacity?

We're booked at the GDT next month. Anyone have suggestions on best rooms for views or areas of the Tower that are better than others? We have a water view room booked. Also, how is the bus stop at the main entrance in the mornings? Is it hard to get a bus that isn't at capacity?

As for the room - I’d request “Upper Floor” and leave it at that. The building footprint is rather small and there’s not enough difference in the views from either end to really make all that much of a difference in the view.

You could also consider saying “away from the elevator” if inclined. We had a room right next to the elevator bank one time and I could hear mechanical whizzing/whirling from inside my room. It wasn’t terrible or complaint-worthy, but it was noticeable (more so at night when the A/C would cycle off and things were quiet). Having said that, I probably wouldn’t actually make that request myself, just making an observation.

If we wanted to be able to see parks from GDT, I know we should request a high floor, but would we want standard view or water view? Thanks

I noticed in a picture of a reflecting pool in casitas a short staircase going up to the first floor. I requested first floor casitas because hubby uses a wheelchair. so are none of the first floor rooms in the casitas wheelchair accessible?

I've read that you have to get on a "wait list" to eat at Three Bridges. No ADRs and not QS. Is this a walk up wait list? How long do you typically have to wait? We'll be there President's Day weekend.

I'd like to know that too!

Anyone who's been recently can answer about the process for getting into Three Bridges? I'd like to do at least one dinner there whilke we stay at CS the end of February.

PHXscuba

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter