Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just home from CSR this past Saturday. Beautiful resort, but yes, it is large!

I think we got a bit of an upgrade, we booked a standard room, but when we checked in our room was listed as a Preferred King and was in Casitas 1. The room itself was very nice, loved the use of space. I can see how it would be really preferred if the lobby was still in El Centro, but I think now that the lobby is in the Tower, it's maybe only slightly preferred? :laughing: It was about equidistant from bus stops 1 & 2. We actually had really great luck with buses, I can't complain a bit. We usually picked up the bus from stop #2 and got off at stop #1 and it worked well for us. I could definitely see how trying to board at later stops could be a huge hassle though.

Were the busses so full that they were skipping the stop at the Tower? Leaving lots of people behind there?

Debating if we should switch to a preferred room and use stop one rather than the Tower. TIA.

Were the busses so full that they were skipping the stop at the Tower? Leaving lots of people behind there?

Debating if we should switch to a preferred room and use stop one rather than the Tower. TIA.

Why don't you just walk over to a different bus stop? Is it far?
I wouldn't switch out of Tower for that reason alone.

There is currently a 2 hr wait to get into any pool at Coronado Springs. No parking in parking lots.
No parking in parking lots? Is this a common issue? We go in 3 weeks and will have a car - we won’t be happy if they are charging parking and we can’t find a place to park when we get back from the parks.

Last edited:
No parking in parking lots? Is this a common issue? We go in 3 weeks and will have a car - we won’t be happy if they are charging parking and we can’t find a place to park when we get back from the parks.
Spring break should be over in three weeks. As for parking, the resort was paving near casita 4 and 5. But there are no close lots to park near the pool if that is what you mean

Spring break should be over in three weeks. As for parking, the resort was paving near casita 4 and 5. But there are no close lots to park near the pool if that is what you mean
We do not care about pool parking, just wanted to make sure PP didn’t mean that they weren’t able to find parking at all when they said ”no parking in parking lots”. Getting back from a full day at the parks and not being able to get a spot would be frustrating. Fingers crossed that crowds are smaller when we are there. We are staying in the Towers so hopefully parking is not an issue.

Looking at grabbing breakfast a couple times at Rix while we are there (we are not rope droppers and prefer a sit down breakfast). There are no reservations available on the Disney site - are they privately owned so I can call and make phone reservations with them directly? Do I even need reservations with them or do they take walk ups fairly easy?

Looking at grabbing breakfast a couple times at Rix while we are there (we are not rope droppers and prefer a sit down breakfast). There are no reservations available on the Disney site - are they privately owned so I can call and make phone reservations with them directly? Do I even need reservations with them or do they take walk ups fairly easy?
You can also make reservations on the the Open Table website for the Rix . They do not require a credit card. You can also get take out and eat outside by the lake. They tell you you have to use the ap for take out but I went to the bar and ordered,

You can also make reservations on the the Open Table website for the Rix . They do not require a credit card. You can also get take out and eat outside by the lake. They tell you you have to use the ap for take out but I went to the bar and ordered,
I did see they are on Open Table but it doesn’t currently have a reservation button activated for some reason. I do like the idea of take out and eating by the lake though.

Just back last week. If you are going to Disney Springs go to tower bus stop. It is the first stop for Disney Springs. Last stop for parks. If the buses continue to go by your stop full. use the black phone at the stop. It connects directly to Disney . Let them know the that you have a lot of unhappy people at the stop and what is happening. I did this twice on our our trip and an empty bus arrived in a few minutes. If people start to complain , it may help the bus situation. The buses are a perk of Disney that you pay extra for in the room rates.

Last edited:
There is currently a 2 hr wait to get into any pool at Coronado Springs. No parking in parking lots.
This pool situation is making me question whether we should change resorts for our trip in June. We like to use the pools a lot and it seems CSR is one of the only ones who have a wait to get in.

I read on these boards that they were offering water park tickets for 25.00 at POP. I would talk to the front desk if that is an option if you are planning a pool day.

Don't mean to question this, just wanted to make sure it was Pop. I know at AoA when the Big Blue Pool was closed for refurb recently they were offering discounted Blizzard Beach tickets, not sure I had read about Pop offering tickets just on account of capacity closures?

For anyone going soon, plan to be at the pool when it opens or you'll be waiting to get in. Our group of 3 waited almost 2 hours on Tuesday (we arrived shortly before noon) and waited over an hour on Wednesday when we arrived 15 minutes after the pool opened (10am). Siestas was a 30 minute wait just to get drinks.
Do you guys wait outside for 2 hours on line or do they take your name and call you when you can come in?

This pool situation is making me question whether we should change resorts for our trip in June. We like to use the pools a lot and it seems CSR is one of the only ones who have a wait to get in.

Exactly why I switched to Wilderness Lodge. Cost a bunch more but I'm planning a mostly resort/pool trip (just a few park days) and was not going to be stuck fighting for a seat at the pool on a hot June day.

I have a room request ready for Cabanas 8A or 8B, near a bus stop, thought I liked the look best and seemed close to main pool and lobby. Would it be a lot better to be in Casitas due to the bus issues?

Exactly why I switched to Wilderness Lodge. Cost a bunch more but I'm planning a mostly resort/pool trip (just a few park days) and was not going to be stuck fighting for a seat at the pool on a hot June day.
We have a split stay scheduled at WL as well but can’t check in until June 6 which is the day they reopen. If I could I would book my entire trip there. It be $500 more if I switch the from CSR to CBR and I’m really thinking about doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter