Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why it's not opening. :( It's the flagship restaurant of the resort! It's so gorgeous...such a waste.
....I really wanted to cross that off my bucket list....we were able to get enrollment into Sangria University, so I guess we can eat at Three Bridges.... :confused3

I did a chat via MDE app to request a high floor. I didn't have the option on the check in screen.

I did this and the cast member told me to do it in the app, I told her it wasn't available. She told me to hold for a bit then came back and told me she put in the request.
I still don't see it on my app. You think I won't? It might just show on their end?

I did this and the cast member told me to do it in the app, I told her it wasn't available. She told me to hold for a bit then came back and told me she put in the request.
I still don't see it on my app. You think I won't? It might just show on their end?

It won't show in the app or your reservation, but should be noted and they'll take it into account when they assign you a room on your check in day.

It won't show in the app or your reservation, but should be noted and they'll take it into account when they assign you a room on your check in day.

As I understand it the rooms are actually assigned before check-in day.

The main thing to remember is requests are just that. Having worked in hotel reservations and seen the tetris game that blocking rooms is (no, not at Disney but at a large convention hotel), I can tell you that the assigners WANT to meet your requests but sometimes they just cannot. And yes, whenever they could not be, people always accused the reservations agent of not listing the request. Bottom line is while there may be some unethical ones who say it just to get you off the phone, the vast majority DO note it - it is just that sometimes there is nothing the assigner can do. They cannot build a whole new room just to meet your requests if one isn't available. Hotels are not cruise ships where everyone is getting on and off at the same time and you can pick your room. Heck, I've even done the "pick your room" thing on the Hilton app and got a text fro the hotel saying they had to change it - and that was within 24 hours!

As I understand it the rooms are actually assigned before check-in day.

The main thing to remember is requests are just that. Having worked in hotel reservations and seen the tetris game that blocking rooms is (no, not at Disney but at a large convention hotel), I can tell you that the assigners WANT to meet your requests but sometimes they just cannot. And yes, whenever they could not be, people always accused the reservations agent of not listing the request. Bottom line is while there may be some unethical ones who say it just to get you off the phone, the vast majority DO note it - it is just that sometimes there is nothing the assigner can do. They cannot build a whole new room just to meet your requests if one isn't available. Hotels are not cruise ships where everyone is getting on and off at the same time and you can pick your room. Heck, I've even done the "pick your room" thing on the Hilton app and got a text fro the hotel saying they had to change it - and that was within 24 hours!
Thanks.
I don't expect anything. I know they do their best. I'm NOT a KAREN.:rotfl:

coronado springs is a very nice resort. years ago we modeled our home pool after the waterfall fountains at coronado springsView attachment 584344

That's gorgeous!

Looks like I won't need to find late night eats after all, I asked my boss if I could just do a half day next Friday and she was cool with it so I ended up changing my flight so I get into MCO at 6pm. That way I can enjoy dinner and head into a park when I arrive...I got an Epcot reservation. I'm forcing myself to do carry on only :scared1: so I won't be hung up at baggage claim.

I know DME can be a crapshoot with the routes but what are the usual resorts CSR tends to share with?

How does everyone deal with the Tower being the last bus stop for the parks? Does dispatch send the odd bus right to the Tower stop to pick up people waiting there? Or do we just watch full buses go by until we're fed up and walk to Casitas?
We were there in late May staying in the tower. We took the bus to all the parks, and didn't have any problems using the bus stop at the tower. I don't think we would have been able to see buses leaving without coming to our stop with the way the roads curve and the landscaping. What you don't know can't stress you out, right? None of our waits seemed longer than previous trips, Covid (3) or before (too many to count.) I wouldn't worry about it.

How does everyone deal with the Tower being the last bus stop for the parks? Does dispatch send the odd bus right to the Tower stop to pick up people waiting there? Or do we just watch full buses go by until we're fed up and walk to Casitas?
I have never stayed at CSR, but have an upcoming stay there at GDT. My plan is to walk to the Casitas stop at busy times and use the Tower stop for less busy times and to go to Disney Springs. It may be unnecessary, but I prefer to do a little extra walking rather than wait forever for a bus or stand (if we are back to cramming the buses by then).

I'm currently booked into a Tower King Water View room.

It would be a little bit of a discount to change to a Preferred King room.

Pros and cons for each?
Is there market still open? Had really good dining options last trip there in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter