Disney's Frankenweenie

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I happened to see a short Disney film called Frankenweenie and I had never even heard of it and it was done in black and white and looked really cool. It starred Shelley Duvall and Daniel Stern and reminded me of a scary sitcom. I understand that Disney remade a new version of Frankenweenie that was an actual movie not a short film. How did Frankenweenie come about?

I happened to see a short Disney film called Frankenweenie and I had never even heard of it and it was done in black and white and looked really cool. It starred Shelley Duvall and Daniel Stern and reminded me of a scary sitcom. I understand that Disney remade a new version of Frankenweenie that was an actual movie not a short film. How did Frankenweenie come about?

Frankenweenie was actually a short film by Tim Burton when he first worked at Disney. It was supposed to run as a short with a feature lrelease, but Disney thought it was inappropriate and actually fired him! Burton of course would go on to great success with his macabre sensibilities and eventually would make the full feature length stop-motion version of Frankenweenie, which is actually very, very good! I would recommend it, especially if you liked the short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter