Disney's Grand Floridian

tracycd2

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

They featured this resort on the Canadian travel channel this
morning.
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!
The rooms, the landscaping, the view were all amazing.

I have never stayed on site before but I think I now know what
everyone is talking about now when they say "The Disney
Magic" feeling they get by staying on site.

Unless I win the lottery I don't think I could ever afford to stay
at this beautiful Disney Resort.

Tracy

Isn't the GF gorgeous, Tracy! I've seen it featured on the Travel Channel, too! It is my "dream resort" and if we don't win the lottery, if there's anywhere near a discount rate we feel we can "splurge" with, I'd love to stay there at least one night, in my lifetime! But in the meantime, I go over to visit the shops, walk around the beautiful grounds, have Afternoon Tea and afterwards, sit in the lobby and listen to the grand pianist. It's a MUST on every trip for me! :)

We actually stayed at the GF in 1991 as part of the Premier Cruise. We booked the top cabin on the cruise and got to stay at the GF as a result -- the cost of the cruise wasn't that much more and we really wanted to stay at the GF and figured this was the only way we were going to be able to afford it. I think the cruise for 4 of us -- 3 adults and one child was $3500US and that included the 3 day cruise, 4 days at GF and admission tickets for the 4 days. The best part was that at that time the CDN $ was worth $0.87.

It's a great resort and we go have Afternoon Tea when we are there and walk around since we can't afford to stay there.

Cdnmickeylover

Is the Travel Channel a digital channel? I don't think I've seen it before.

Oh okay ... :) We're still on regular cable ... I'll have to keep an eye out for that channel next time and maybe tape stuff at work! Thanks tracycd2 for the info!

What were the AP rates like? I'm hoping to stay at a Deluxe resort this December ... hopefully it will be the GF or the AKL.

The AP for the GF was $189.00 for gardenview. We're hoping to swing a few days down there this Dec. again and perhaps trying AKL this time , so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good rates again.

We plan on trying all the resorts now that we have the DVC we just use our ponts much cheaper in the long run that way

We just got back from CBR (wonderful) on Tuesday but met a lady who had won a trip to WDW and was staying at GF through Smuckers Jelly. Boy am I going to start entering everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter