Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort - 2014 Roll Call!!!

Don't worry, there is plenty to do at the resort and on the island!

A few things you can try, in alphabetical order:

Things to do in Hilton Head:

Arcade
Arts & crafts

BBQ
Beach
Biking
Bingo
Bird watching

Campfire
Charleston day trip

Dolphin tour

Evening of magic

Fireworks
Fishing

Golf

Hammock testing
Hidden Mickeys

I?

Juggling

Kayak
Kids night out

Low country shrimp grill

Marshes secrets
Marshmallow
Movie

N?

O?

Pin trading
Ping pong
Playgrounds
Pool
Pool table

Q?

R?

Savannah day trip
Scavenger hunt
Shannon Tanner in Shelter Cove
Star gazing
Storytelling

Tennis

U?

V?

Walking on the beach
Wildlife adventure on Pinckney island
Workout

X?

Y?

Z?[/QUOTE

Love your list! I'll add:

Z = Zip Line Hilton Head

A=Aerial Adventures (at zip line HH)

L= Lawton Stables for trail rides

R= Restaurants galore to try out!!

N=Nets as in buy crab nets at resort and go grabbing off the pier.

I= Ice Cream shops to sample on the island

We are leaving very early tomorrow morning to check in tomorrow afternoon!!

Can't wait!!

Packing up today and going to bed early so that driving will be in the cooler hours.

Totally forgot about beach gear until I woke up this morning....I've been so busy at work all I could think of was getting to this weekend in one piece.

So this time I have room for a small beach cooler and my chairs and my umbrella and whatever else I want to bring.

See you all there!!

Hoping to head to HHI in April or early June of next year. Hoping for some luck at my 7 month mark! pixiedust: Until then, I'll just stalk the roll call thread. :rotfl:

We are renting a van for us to go to HH. We have too much beach stuff to fit in our car and don't want to take 2 cars. This year we are spending the arrival night at the Days Inn which is very close to the Disney resort. This way we have 6 solid days. We do half cooking and half eating out.

Back late last night (well, early early this morning) from a 7 day stay. We had a great time. It was DH and I, DS21 and his girlfriend (replacing DS18 who couldn't go because of work commitments) DD12 and DS9.

We were in a 2 bedroom, top floor building 30. I was happy to get a top floor because we hated the noise from above last time, but was a little bummed to not get a marsh view. However, we loved building 30 for a non-water view. We liked being far away from everything, it was super easy to find parking but we were still close to the pool and mercantile.

We LOVE the new rooms. The girlfriend and daughter shared the bedroom and our oldest and youngest sons shared the living room, so the sleeper chair came in very handy for DS9 and he had tons of room. Although, I do still hate the slippery bathroom tile :)

The new Kroger is amazingly huge and had everything we needed. Even for the two of us who have major food allergies, we had a HUGE selection. We ate at SkullCreek (which is our family favorite) WiseGuys (love) for our kid-free anniversary, Salty Dog (because the girlfriend had been there when she was little and wanted a new tshirt) and San Miguels (eh) We also hit Pinot Gelato one night after Pirate minigolf.

Cast members were all amazing and we were happy to see many of our favorite lifeguards back, plus quite a few new ones who were just as nice. My kids love that many of them remembered them from last year and some of them even remembered their names!

Had a great time on our first trip to HHI (June 8-12). The resort is beautiful and relaxing. Loved the pool, hammocks, beach/beach house, kids loved playing pool , riding bikes, mini golf and sitting out on the deck reading.

We were in a 1-bedroom (1612) and did hear all the noise of the GV above us.

Bullies BBQ was the best BBQ we have ever had. The place does not look great from the outside but try it - you will love it.

Dye's Gullah Fixin's - Very good lowcountry cooking. Loved everything we had.

Giuseppe's Pizza - Went for lunch and enjoyed the Steelers decor and the pizza/wedgie's.

San Miguel's - Nice walk over along the water. Sat outside and enjoyed the music. Not too hungry since we had eaten a big lunch so we shared some appetizers.

Hoping to go back soon!

We arrive September 7 all adults. hubby and I and hubby's brother and sister-in-law. Another couple also considering joining us. Looking forward a nice relaxing week

Back late last night (well, early early this morning) from a 7 day stay. We had a great time. It was DH and I, DS21 and his girlfriend (replacing DS18 who couldn't go because of work commitments) DD12 and DS9. We were in a 2 bedroom, top floor building 30. I was happy to get a top floor because we hated the noise from above last time, but was a little bummed to not get a marsh view. However, we loved building 30 for a non-water view. We liked being far away from everything, it was super easy to find parking but we were still close to the pool and mercantile. We LOVE the new rooms. The girlfriend and daughter shared the bedroom and our oldest and youngest sons shared the living room, so the sleeper chair came in very handy for DS9 and he had tons of room. Although, I do still hate the slippery bathroom tile :) The new Kroger is amazingly huge and had everything we needed. Even for the two of us who have major food allergies, we had a HUGE selection. We ate at SkullCreek (which is our family favorite) WiseGuys (love) for our kid-free anniversary, Salty Dog (because the girlfriend had been there when she was little and wanted a new tshirt) and San Miguels (eh) We also hit Pinot Gelato one night after Pirate minigolf. Cast members were all amazing and we were happy to see many of our favorite lifeguards back, plus quite a few new ones who were just as nice. My kids love that many of them remembered them from last year and some of them even remembered their names!

Where is the new Kroger? They're based here out of Cincinnati so we are very familiar with them

Someone mentioned that there is a new Kroger close to the resort..:)
Is it right outside of the resort?

Where is the new Kroger? They're based here out of Cincinnati so we are very familiar with them

Someone mentioned that there is a new Kroger close to the resort..:)
Is it right outside of the resort?

Yes, the Krogers is right across the Disney HHI bridge and make a left. You dont even need to out to the main road, its right around the area of Guiseppes pizza .
Its GREAT store and has everything you could need.

Got back last week from our 7 day stay.

Some thoughts/comments:
- The krogers store is awesome and I wish it could replace my home town local grocery.
- HHI is really a spot that all kids should try to visit for one vacation before they reach 13. There is just an amazing group of staff there running dozens of programs each day, and the kids get to make friends with each other and the staff. My two boys took lessons about sharks, walked through the marsh, investigated the oldest plantation on the island, created fathers day gifts, fished onshore/from the pier/ and in the ocean, learned the secrets to catching crab, had several movie and campfire nights, got to meet shadow, enjoyed the pool every day, and took numerous boat tours through the inland river, including learning a water sport called tubing.
- The two bedroom villas are very relaxing and it's great to see them renovated, however there are some obvious signs of being new and modestly untested- I noticed electrical outlets that weren't flush, wood trim that had fallen off, a leaking gasket in one of the tubs, and controls for door blinds that were getting tangled/stuck daily. Otherwise, we really enjoyed the rooms and especially the kitchen.
- You can catch small shark during high tide, and crabs during low-tide via the pier. However, you can also catch turtles (not good experience) and it's hard to catch any fish that isn't shark related. We did use one of the resort grills to cook a large one we caught in the ocean, and then the following day boiled 3 medium->large crabs. However, we had to go to krogers for a bucket, grill supplies, and plyers.
- If you get a room near the pool, be aware that the resort has speakers that turn on (sometimes loudly) from 10am-9pm for music by the pool, and the rooms have minimal noise shielding, so if plan to go to bed early or sleep late - you will need ear plugs.

In general, I found HHI to be a good use of DVC points for our family with young kids.

We arrive in one week June 29-July 5. First stay at HHI (which we bought into last year) - 3 boys coming down 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and 20 months.

Very excited and hope we meet some of the people on the boards. Anyone else there with young boys that age?

We arrive in one week June 29-July 5. First stay at HHI (which we bought into last year) - 3 boys coming down 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and 20 months. Very excited and hope we meet some of the people on the boards. Anyone else there with young boys that age?[/QUOTE
We arrive on the 28th. our 3 year old grandson will arrive on the 29th. It is a great resort for young children!

Yes, the Krogers is right across the Disney HHI bridge and make a left. You dont even need to out to the main road, its right around the area of Guiseppes pizza .
Its GREAT store and has everything you could need.

Very excited about this. Kroger is where we do our daily shopping at home. I live off of Kroger Big K Diet Cola.

A question - are they still doing the Low Country Shrimp Boil's? If so which night and do you know if they will still be going on after Labor Day?

We arrive in one week June 29-July 5. First stay at HHI (which we bought into last year) - 3 boys coming down 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and 20 months. Very excited and hope we meet some of the people on the boards. Anyone else there with young boys that age?

See you there. We will be down the same days. Check out the 4th of July barbecue pool party.

A question - are they still doing the Low Country Shrimp Boil's? If so which night and do you know if they will still be going on after Labor Day?

During the summer they do the Pirate Party's instead, on Tuesday's. They do the Shrimp Boil's in the spring and fall. You'd probably need to call the Front Desk to find out when they'll switch and if they'll still be on Tuesday's. If you're going after Labor Day, I'd guess that you'll be in luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter