Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Hoping for some help. We received our travel brochure and it states vouchers are included but I do not see them. No yellow tags. We got magic bands with the souviner tags. I called Disney today, they didn't have our flight info (even though I submitted online). CM informed me they are no longer sending yellow tags. And I don't need a voucher. Looking thru last few posts it appears people are still getting yellow tags. Bad info??

Hoping for some help. We received our travel brochure and it states vouchers are included but I do not see them. No yellow tags. We got magic bands with the souviner tags. I called Disney today, they didn't have our flight info (even though I submitted online). CM informed me they are no longer sending yellow tags. And I don't need a voucher. Looking thru last few posts it appears people are still getting yellow tags. Bad info??

Did you call Disney or did you call DME?

Yes and no
They are still sending the tags. I got a second set today
But they are correct in that you do not have to have them
You can always give your claim checks to the CM at the ME counter and they will get your bags just like of you had yellow tags

Yes and no
They are still sending the tags. I got a second set today
But they are correct in that you do not have to have them
You can always give your claim checks to the CM at the ME counter and they will get your bags just like of you had yellow tags

Thanks so much! I will call DME tonight to make sure everything is correct.

We signed two people up to ride DME but now only one will be riding. Is there a need to call Disney to let them know? I am leery of calling for fear that they cancel both people.

Is there no voucher any more since the magic bands? I didn't see any with our tags.
And if you don't, for some reason, have MBs, they can bring you up in their system...just be sure to have ID handy.

We signed two people up to ride DME but now only one will be riding. Is there a need to call Disney to let them know? I am leery of calling for fear that they cancel both people.
No need to call them...you're right, it could cause confusion.

Hi folks,
Just want to check I have this correct as we're coming over from Australia .... Disney is halfway through our holiday in US so both flights to and from Disney are domestic flights. Not to expect to receive anything from Disney in the post, have supplied airline info. On arrival the Orlando go to straight to the DME counter and supply them the airline baggage tags so they can collect luggage and deliver to room (if we do receive tags, use them on the luggage). DME takes us to Resort where we check-in and get Wristbands, leave any hand-luggage with bell services so we can venture around for the day un-hindered with luggage.
On departure, I understand that we can check-in at the resort as we are flying Delta. Here is probably where a bit of confusion sets in .... If we check-in at the resort do we have to pay a fee for this privilege? (we have complimentary baggage with Delta, so there are no fees .. I'm sure regardless that we don't have to use this service?? Delta offer us, due to airline "status" priority check-in so not too fused about checking in at the airport. Any suggestions on this?

Hi folks,
Just want to check I have this correct as we're coming over from Australia .... Disney is halfway through our holiday in US so both flights to and from Disney are domestic flights. Not to expect to receive anything from Disney in the post, have supplied airline info. On arrival the Orlando go to straight to the DME counter and supply them the airline baggage tags so they can collect luggage and deliver to room (if we do receive tags, use them on the luggage). DME takes us to Resort where we check-in and get Wristbands, leave any hand-luggage with bell services so we can venture around for the day un-hindered with luggage.
On departure, I understand that we can check-in at the resort as we are flying Delta. Here is probably where a bit of confusion sets in .... If we check-in at the resort do we have to pay a fee for this privilege? (we have complimentary baggage with Delta, so there are no fees .. I'm sure regardless that we don't have to use this service?? Delta offer us, due to airline "status" priority check-in so not too fused about checking in at the airport. Any suggestions on this?
Check in at the resort is free, outside of a tip you may want to offer to the agents
And they will acknowledge if you qualify for free bags from Delta

You have the arrival process correct

I have a split stay at CSR. I booked very late in the game and they sent me the Magical Express package via UPS express. The yellow luggage tags we received show the check in date of the 2nd part of our stay (we arrive on 5/4 and then move to a different room category on 5/7 - the luggage tags say "5/7/16") Is it okay to use those tags or am I better off just giving our baggage claim tickets to the CM at the ME desk when we arrive? I worry a bit about our bags ending up in some sort of limbo if they think we are not arriving until 5/7.

I would call DME, just to be sure they gave you in the system, as arriving on May 4. You don't want to get there and be told your reservation doesn't start until the 7th.
If all is ok, I would give them the baggage info and let them deal with it.

I have a split stay at CSR. I booked very late in the game and they sent me the Magical Express package via UPS express. The yellow luggage tags we received show the check in date of the 2nd part of our stay (we arrive on 5/4 and then move to a different room category on 5/7 - the luggage tags say "5/7/16") Is it okay to use those tags or am I better off just giving our baggage claim tickets to the CM at the ME desk when we arrive? I worry a bit about our bags ending up in some sort of limbo if they think we are not arriving until 5/7.
I'd for sure just skip the yellow tags and give them your claim checks. Like you, I don't want my bags taking the long road to my room. They take long enough as it is.

I have had similar experience as you in that I added a night late in the game and ME didn't get the paperwork out correctly.
I got to the ME counter and they at first saw the wrong reservation but when I told them the correct info they were able to find my other reservations in their system and got us on the right bus with no problems. I guess they can look up your resort reservations when necessary.

But yeah, a phone call to just give them a heads up won't hurt. Typically there isn't a long hold time like with the other Disney lines

I'd for sure just skip the yellow tags and give them your claim checks. Like you, I don't want my bags taking the long road to my room. They take long enough as it is.

I have had similar experience as you in that I added a night late in the game and ME didn't get the paperwork out correctly.
I got to the ME counter and they at first saw the wrong reservation but when I told them the correct info they were able to find my other reservations in their system and got us on the right bus with no problems. I guess they can look up your resort reservations when necessary.

But yeah, a phone call to just give them a heads up won't hurt. Typically there isn't a long hold time like with the other Disney lines
DME doesn't seem to deal well with changes. We've been told, for years, that as long as the reservation number stays the same, any change to your resort won't cause an issue. No need to cross old name out and write in the new one
But, when I changed from Pop to POR? Same number, change had been made a month prior to travel, yet DME gad us in their system as going to Pop. Even after standing there, at the DME podium for 20 mins, and being told that we were finally okay to go? Nope. Still sent the checked bag to Pop, where it sat, for 5 hrs, until close to 1am!! S d they then blamed it on me...saying I should have crossed out Pop and written POR in. So much for scanning the tags.

If you have yellow tags from another reservation those can still be used. You would just used a black sharpie and cross off the bar codes, res number, and date and write in the new info. The yellow tag will ensure the airline routes it to the Disney luggage center that's outside the airport. When it arrives, they won't be able to scan it, so they'll look up your reservation using the info you wrote on the tag. They'll print out new tags and send the bag on it's way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter