Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an emailed copy of your hotel folio? We checked out on Tuesday and still haven't received a bill to review. By the way, we liked the Polynesian, but its not our favorite. Capt. Cooks ran out of food every day and coffee in the morning, the refillable drink station was super sticky, there were flies all over the outside of the resort and bees were at the refillable drink station at the Oasis. The pools were so warm, they were nearly hot, but it was super hot out during our stay. My grandkids loved both pools' slide areas and the monorail was a great convenience. We were on the ground floor of rarotonga looking at the Oasis pool. We could not get into trader sams because it wa so crowded. we did like seeing Wishes from the pool/beach area each night.

We checked out August 19 and I didn't receive a hotel folio either. I had to call the Polynesian and speak to someone in billing to request an e-mailed copy. (407-824-2000)

Best first day ever! Great view of the pool from the 3rd floor of Hawaii.

Sketchy weather resulted in a comped boat rental even though we were out the whole time.

Stopped by Trader Sam's and scored a black pearl!!

View attachment 190751

Now hanging in the club level lounge while dd5 is at Lilo's playhouse.

Tomorrow the parks!

Great vacation so far!

Thanks for checking in. Glad you're having a great time! :goodvibes.

My Mom, my son, and I were due to check-in at the Poly this past Saturday the 27th for our much anticipated first stay there. However, my father had a heart attack and emergency triple bypass surgery on Friday the 26th. We had to cancel at the last minute. The surgery went well and he is recovering as nicely as possible so far. His health and recovery are the most important things but I do look forward to rebooking our Poly stay some time in the future. Now the trick is to figure out when. I go back to work next week (Special Education 1:1 aide) so I am limited by the school calendar. If you had to do Thanksgiving, Easter week, or wait till next summer what would you do?

I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope his recovery continues to go well :hug:.

I think any of your choices for rescheduling would be great as holidays at Disney are always fun, but summer is as well. If I had to choose, I'd probably choose summer as rates would probably be a little less and you wouldn't have a time constraint to get back to work/school :).

We checked into the Polynesian tonight after a full day at HS and after leaving the BC where we spent 5 nights. We are in Somoa, 2nd floor. When we arrived I thought the room kind of smelled, really damp and an odor. I thought it was probably just from the humidity. My husband just used the toilet and called me in. The toilet seat has a big dried blood stain on both sides of the seat. I am really grossed out and just called housekeeping to tell them. They said they would send someone up "right away" around 20 minutes ago. It really grosses me out that they are not cleaning the toilet seats between guests. I am going to go down to show the manager the pictures I took if housekeeping doesn't come up within 10 more minutes. How unsanitary!

Not a good way to start a stay! :sad2:

My family stayed at Poly in the Pago Pago building from Aug 18-22. This was our first time at the Poly.
The resort grounds and main building are lovely. Pago Pago is very underrated, IMO. We LOVED being so close to the TTC. Plus, having our car parked just outside was both convenient and saved us money on valet parking. We stayed in room 3119 which had a garden view. I will request that building and view next time, if ever we make it back.

Room 3119 was a studio villa and we really liked the layout, size, and decor of the room. Cleanliness was not up to my standards for such an expensive room. The bathrooms were just not very clean. Kitchenette sink was also not cleaned well. Fortunately, the beds, tables, and carpets all seemed clean, so it was not uncomfortable to stay there. I did not rent DVC points, so the housekeeping was regular.

Captain Cook's service was pretty good - the CMs taking your order were efficient and courteous. The food was...not very good.
On the plus side, they had a few refrigerated cases with drinks and pre-made food. The pre-made food was better than anything "fresh" they served us. There was also a little bakery case next to the refrigerated section which had a lot of tasty looking treats (brownies, croissants, muffins, cupcakes, etc.) I didn't try any of them, so I can't comment on quality. They seemed to alternate each day between mickey cupcakes and minnie cupcakes.

The Lava and Oasis pools were usually crowded. The Lava Pool hours are 9am-11pm, and the Oasis pool opened at 7am but closed a bit earlier (I think it was 10pm.) We never had a chance to try them.
We did try the Kiddie Splash area and my kids loved it. Two downsides: no shade and no lockers.

We originally wanted to do Kona breakfast, but our plans changed so we ended up going there for dinner instead. The pineapple bread with macadamia butter was addictive. I had also heard good things about the sushi, so I ordered the California Luau Roll. My sushi was AWFUL. Inedible. Worse than grocery store sushi. It was made with poor quality rice and had NO flavor except the fishy taste of canned tuna (I'm guessing they used canned crab). The combination of the fishy tinned taste and pineapple was...gross. Everything else that we ordered was good.

On our last night, we went out to the beach to watch Wishes. I ended up carrying my son back to the room because he'd fallen asleep, and somewhere along the way, I lost my iPhone. I'm not sure if it fell out of my pocket, or if I left it on the beach chair. I didn't realize it was lost until the next morning. We spent our last morning hunting all over our room, the walkways, and the beach for it. It has never turned up, though we did fill out a form with Lost and Found right before we left. Kind of a bummer, since I had a few dozen vacation photos and videos that I will not be able to recover. If anyone discovers an iPhone on the beach during their upcoming stay, message me, lol.

Thanks to the Poly Information thread for helping us plan our fun vacation!
Aloha!

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the room not being very clean and the awful sushi, but hope you had a nice trip overall :wizard:.

Thank you. We are having a blast and the Poly is my new favorite hotel. Much better than since we were here during construction.

Glad you're having a great time! :goodvibes

The room reports for mousekeeping are not too encouraging. We arrive in a few days and I am quite the germaphobe. Adding extra cleaning supplies to the packing list right now!

Hope you have a great time and don't have any issues :flower3:.

I am wanting some help for room requests please. It will be just my daughter and I so I for sure don't want ground floor. We stayed tokaleu before and loved it but I know now that's dvc. What would be good requests besides balcony to have us close to transportation and lobby. Thanks :)

I am wanting some help for room requests please. It will be just my daughter and I so I for sure don't want ground floor. We stayed tokaleu before and loved it but I know now that's dvc. What would be good requests besides balcony to have us close to transportation and lobby. Thanks :)
Rarotonga is very good for that.

Hello, we will be checking into Poly for our first stay this Saturday and I was wondering if anyone has every received any mail during their stay at the resort. I know about packages but I am expecting some important mail and was wondering if I can have it sent to me at the resort without issues. Anyone experience this? Thanks!

We are the ones who had bodily fluids on the toilet seat when we checked in yesterday. This morning I went to make my husband and I coffee and one of the black coffee mugs had hardened food inside it, looks like maybe chocolate. I am going to bring these issues to the manager because I think whoever "cleaned" this room needs to be spoken to. On a brighter note, we have a great view of the quiet pool, we are in Somoa and the resort has a wonderful feel and are looking forward to going to the MK today.

We are the ones who had bodily fluids on the toilet seat when we checked in yesterday. This morning I went to make my husband and I coffee and one of the black coffee mugs had hardened food inside it, looks like maybe chocolate. I am going to bring these issues to the manager because I think whoever "cleaned" this room needs to be spoken to. On a brighter note, we have a great view of the quiet pool, we are in Somoa and the resort has a wonderful feel and are looking forward to going to the MK today.

That's gross. I had a big long hair on the ceiling of the shower when I stayed at the Poly in March. It was still there when I checked out. I wonder if it is STILL there???!!! I'd love to know what the manager's response is...

Based on hearing housekeeping reports so glad my son has allergies and have requested a VIP clean for our arrival. now will have to make sure that its just done, do NOT want to be back in ER like our first visit. Looking so forward to staying at Poly (kids first time there).

I'm so sorry, this is unacceptable and just disgusting. Yes, mistakes happen and sometimes cleanliness issues are missed, but COME ON. For the amount of money families are paying to stay at a deluxe resort it is unbelievable to hear of these troubles. I'm trying hard not to let these stories tarnish my excitement of staying at Poly but the more I hear I start to rethink how I'm spending my money.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, this is unacceptable and just disgusting. Yes, mistakes happen and sometimes cleanliness issues are missed, but COME ON. For the amount of money families are paying to stay at a deluxe resort it is unbelievable to hear of these troubles. I'm trying hard to let these stories tarnish my excitement of staying at Poly but the more I hear I start to rethink how I'm spending my money.

This is kind of how I feel. For the amount of money involved, I really, really expect cleanliness to be absolutely sorted. In fact, at any level, a clean room is a minimal requirement, surely?

This is kind of how I feel. For the amount of money involved, I really, really expect cleanliness to be absolutely sorted. In fact, at any level, a clean room is a minimal requirement, surely?

Absolutely. I've paid $28 a night at a Days Inn in the past and, well, it was just flat our gross, but I expected it. I wouldn't expect a dirty toilet or hair on the ceiling when paying 300 to 400 a night on a room.

hi, also anyone know the oasis food menu after 5pm??
also if on the QS DP can you choose ice cream at capt cookes to pick up at pineapple lanai afterwards?

Last edited:
Hello friends!! Just got back Sunday after an absolutely magical stay at the Poly and WDW! We requested 3rd floor of Aeoteroa and got 2nd floor, 2202. This was on Saturday 8/20 and they said that they had no room to switch that night but could switch us the next day. We briefly considered it but then decided never mind, we were all settled in. Anyhow, the room and building were totally SILENT, great experience! I love that building and would now stay there again knowing how peaceful it was! Our room was very clean and tidy, very happy with mousekeeping, etc. No issues like those PPs, fortunately.

We had a truly magical vacation and I am in SERIOUS post-Disney depression right now!! :( I'm not sure how to help myself because we want to travel other places too, not just Disney, but right now I just feel like going right back there!!! :)

My Mom, my son, and I were due to check-in at the Poly this past Saturday the 27th for our much anticipated first stay there. However, my father had a heart attack and emergency triple bypass surgery on Friday the 26th. We had to cancel at the last minute. The surgery went well and he is recovering as nicely as possible so far. His health and recovery are the most important things but I do look forward to rebooking our Poly stay some time in the future. Now the trick is to figure out when. I go back to work next week (Special Education 1:1 aide) so I am limited by the school calendar. If you had to do Thanksgiving, Easter week, or wait till next summer what would you do?

I am sorry about your dad. Speedy recovery to him.

I would wait until next summer. I know teachers where I work are under contract and April vacation or pretty mipuch any days around a long weekend are a no no. One teacher a few yrs ago took out trip insurance just in case but luckily we had a snow free winter (lol, not really but not slammed like the year before) so she got to enjoy her whole vacation.

I have never gone thanksgiving week but I would assume it's busy plus it's too cold, even for a CT girl like me. When I go to FL I don't want to bring a coat or pants and have to wear them. We bring a light jacket when we go in April but as soon as we are in the airport in Hartford it gets packed in our bag and doesn't come out until we land back in CT...but we go to southwest FL so it's a bit warmer then Orlando.

I have only gone Easter week once, the year I got engaged. It was the end of March that year and we needed pants and a jacket at night...again too chilly for me when I am paying for the warmth of FL.

So I would choose summer so you don't have to be back by a certain day. It's hot but in reality you are in and out of a/c all day so it's not unbearable.

My family stayed at Poly in the Pago Pago building from Aug 18-22. This was our first time at the Poly.
The resort grounds and main building are lovely. Pago Pago is very underrated, IMO. We LOVED being so close to the TTC. Plus, having our car parked just outside was both convenient and saved us money on valet parking. We stayed in room 3119 which had a garden view. I will request that building and view next time, if ever we make it back.

Room 3119 was a studio villa and we really liked the layout, size, and decor of the room. Cleanliness was not up to my standards for such an expensive room. The bathrooms were just not very clean. Kitchenette sink was also not cleaned well. Fortunately, the beds, tables, and carpets all seemed clean, so it was not uncomfortable to stay there. I did not rent DVC points, so the housekeeping was regular.

Captain Cook's service was pretty good - the CMs taking your order were efficient and courteous. The food was...not very good.
On the plus side, they had a few refrigerated cases with drinks and pre-made food. The pre-made food was better than anything "fresh" they served us. There was also a little bakery case next to the refrigerated section which had a lot of tasty looking treats (brownies, croissants, muffins, cupcakes, etc.) I didn't try any of them, so I can't comment on quality. They seemed to alternate each day between mickey cupcakes and minnie cupcakes.

The Lava and Oasis pools were usually crowded. The Lava Pool hours are 9am-11pm, and the Oasis pool opened at 7am but closed a bit earlier (I think it was 10pm.) We never had a chance to try them.
We did try the Kiddie Splash area and my kids loved it. Two downsides: no shade and no lockers.

We originally wanted to do Kona breakfast, but our plans changed so we ended up going there for dinner instead. The pineapple bread with macadamia butter was addictive. I had also heard good things about the sushi, so I ordered the California Luau Roll. My sushi was AWFUL. Inedible. Worse than grocery store sushi. It was made with poor quality rice and had NO flavor except the fishy taste of canned tuna (I'm guessing they used canned crab). The combination of the fishy tinned taste and pineapple was...gross. Everything else that we ordered was good.

On our last night, we went out to the beach to watch Wishes. I ended up carrying my son back to the room because he'd fallen asleep, and somewhere along the way, I lost my iPhone. I'm not sure if it fell out of my pocket, or if I left it on the beach chair. I didn't realize it was lost until the next morning. We spent our last morning hunting all over our room, the walkways, and the beach for it. It has never turned up, though we did fill out a form with Lost and Found right before we left. Kind of a bummer, since I had a few dozen vacation photos and videos that I will not be able to recover. If anyone discovers an iPhone on the beach during their upcoming stay, message me, lol.

Thanks to the Poly Information thread for helping us plan our fun vacation!
Aloha!

Do you have the iPhone finder on your phone? If you did you could of looked for it that way. We are all on the same iTunes account in my house so it makes it easier especially when my kids would always said they didn't know where their device was at bed time and we'd ping it...wow right under your pillow!

I hope you find your phone.

That is so gross! Both events. I bring a zip lock bag, a few of them for when we get ice from the machine. I will use the bag if I am desperate that they provide but I won't use the ice holder.

hi, we are staying at the Poly in October, over Halloween! If we order off the Kona menu at the Kona Island for dinner, will they give us Kona's bread/butter? Is it possible to get the order to 'go'? Also, is tipping expected? thanks!

I am almost positive that's a no. You can only get the ice cream from CCs. You can't split your QS credit between locations.
I think that's new for the 2017 Dining Plan. The quick service will include only a meal and beverage but there will be an extra snack that could be used separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter