Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it had this very creepy vibe to it, like, “I’m not sleeping in this room tonight”. All three of us felt it!

Almost like a Twilight-Zone-bad-mojo-get-me-out-of-here kind of room.

Also, it wasn’t clean, but we all got out of there fast. It was in the building directly behind the check in, ground floor, facing the front parking lot.

We all felt the bad vibe (it’s usually just me who is in tune with other worldly goings on), so when my sisters felt it too, well, bye bye.

Bad mojo. (we still talk about “that room” to this day, and will never forget it)

Got it, thanks! Sorry for prying. But thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Maybe the same room where John Lennon signed the Beatles break-up papers?

We had a standard room once, that we really, really didn't like (we usually book standard or garden). It had very bad mojo (don't ask).

I went to the front desk and told them we just really, really, didn't like the room. The resort was crowded but they were able to find us a new room (it ended up being garden view, and lovely). So, even though you have booked standard, don't be afraid to ask for a different room in case you aren't lovin' the one you get. :) Have a wonderful time.

OMG, don't ask means I really want to know. What was the bad Mojo??? Send me a message, would love to know~!

We have an 8:05 Garden Grill reservation at Epcot. If we are staying in Tuvalu AND taking the monorail over there, how much time should we allow to get the restaurant?

We have an 8:05 Garden Grill reservation at Epcot. If we are staying in Tuvalu AND taking the monorail over there, how much time should we allow to get the restaurant?

The Epcot line often starts running at 7:30am. Always check the Times Guide for the week you are there just to be sure, here’s a handy link: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

For an Epcot PPO ADR, I’d want to be catching that very first Epcot monorail, so that means being at the platform 7:20ish (in my opinion). Build in time to walk to the TTC, go through security, etc. You’ll also go through security again when you exit at Epcot.

I’d probably leave my room at 7am.

Since you don’t have a ton of room for error here (either your own error in timing or a monorail mechanical delay), this is why we’ve usually opted for taxi/Minnie Van/Uber/etc for an Epcot PPO ADR when we’ve been at Poly. May be worth considering if an option for you.

Good luck!

The Epcot line often starts running at 7:30am. Always check the Times Guide for the week you are there just to be sure, here’s a handy link: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

For an Epcot PPO ADR, I’d want to be catching that very first Epcot monorail, so that means being at the platform 7:20ish (in my opinion). Build in time to walk to the TTC, go through security, etc. You’ll also go through security again when you exit at Epcot.

I’d probably leave my room at 7am.

Since you don’t have a ton of room for error here (either your own error in timing or a monorail mechanical delay), this is why we’ve usually opted for taxi/Minnie Van/Uber/etc for an Epcot PPO ADR when we’ve been at Poly. May be worth considering if an option for you.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! This is great information. One in my party will have an ECV so I don’t think Minnie Van, Uber, etc will work for us.

Thank you so much! This is great information. One in my party will have an ECV so I don’t think Minnie Van, Uber, etc will work for us.

Ah, gotcha. Minnie Van does have a few special vans that can carry an ECV that you call and book, not exactly sure how it works though (I’m sure the folks on the Transportation board may know).

I admit I always get nervous with a PPO ADR coming from Poly. 9/10 mornings you catch that 7:30 monorail and your timing works out well. But then sometimes the transportation mojo just doesn’t go your way and all of a sudden your nice morning gets all stressful and things go downhill.

All of that being said, I hope it all works well for you! And I love Garden Grill PPO.

We got home from Disneyland in California at 2:00 this morning. We were out west visiting family and spent 6 days at the Disneyland Hotel while we were there.

The entire time, I was missing the Poly. DLH has a Trader Sam’s which we managed to get into twice. As I drank my Hippotomai-tai and Krakatoa, I dreamt of being at the Poly. Tangaroa Terrace is Polynesian themed and really beautiful, but indoor seating is very limited as well as the menu compared to Captain Cook’s.

The DLH is really cool, but we cannot wait to return to the Polynesian and WDW, hopefully in the summer of 2020...

What is the scoop with having my extended family come the the Poly while we are there to eat dinner one night...I'm talking pizza delivery or something low-key, not dining with an ADR. I assume there are outdoor tables somewhere we could hang to celebrate a bday in the group? My parents are staying at CSR and my Aunt at Swan. It would be nice if we could order pizza and watch the MK fireworks for a quiet evening. Is it going to be a problem for them to get in since so many people try and park at the monorail resorts and go to the parks?

Ah, gotcha. Minnie Van does have a few special vans that can carry an ECV that you call and book, not exactly sure how it works though (I’m sure the folks on the Transportation board may know).

I admit I always get nervous with a PPO ADR coming from Poly. 9/10 mornings you catch that 7:30 monorail and your timing works out well. But then sometimes the transportation mojo just doesn’t go your way and all of a sudden your nice morning gets all stressful and things go downhill.

All of that being said, I hope it all works well for you! And I love Garden Grill PPO.
I really appreciate your advice! I think I will look into to Mears, possibly?

What is the scoop with having my extended family come the the Poly while we are there to eat dinner one night...I'm talking pizza delivery or something low-key, not dining with an ADR. I assume there are outdoor tables somewhere we could hang to celebrate a bday in the group? My parents are staying at CSR and my Aunt at Swan. It would be nice if we could order pizza and watch the MK fireworks for a quiet evening. Is it going to be a problem for them to get in since so many people try and park at the monorail resorts and go to the parks?
As long as you will not be there during an especially busy time (4th of July, Christmas/New Year’s) your family should have no problem parking at the resort (there’s a 3 hour parking limit to dine and shop at all resorts, some more heavily enforced than others). Worst case, they can park at TTC and walk or monorail over. Beach access is only restricted on holidays, so you’d all be welcome to watch the fireworks together. And yes, there are tables outside Cap’n Cooks.

As long as you will not be there during an especially busy time (4th of July, Christmas/New Year’s) your family should have no problem parking at the resort (there’s a 3 hour parking limit to dine and shop at all resorts, some more heavily enforced than others). Worst case, they can park at TTC and walk or monorail over. Beach access is only restricted on holidays, so you’d all be welcome to watch the fireworks together. And yes, there are tables outside Cap’n Cooks.
Perfect, thank you!

anyone know if the mini fridges are cold? Last time we stayed at Yacht club it was more of a cool box and I had to throw away perishables such as lunch meat, cheese etc. I'd like to order a half gallon of milk as part of my grocery order but don't want to waste my money if it is not a real mini fridge. Appreciate any insight.

On our last trip we were in Tokelau and had a PPO at GG for 8:05 also. We took the first monorail as was suggested by PPs and made it thru both securities and into Epcot by 8:00 and we made it just in time for our adr. We were slightly delayed at bag check because our group had several bags. We were a group of 9 and walked to the TTC from Tokelau. Just giving our experience with a similar situation.

anyone know if the mini fridges are cold? Last time we stayed at Yacht club it was more of a cool box and I had to throw away perishables such as lunch meat, cheese etc. I'd like to order a half gallon of milk as part of my grocery order but don't want to waste my money if it is not a real mini fridge. Appreciate any insight.

All the WDW room fridges are real fridges meant to keep perishables cold. You must have had a defective one at YC.

So I read on the Tikiman FB webpage that there will be some room renovations done (I don't recall the timing though). Does anyone know if they're completely changing the decorations inside the room as well? I personally love the theming the way it is now but I know I'm in the minority and most probably feel it needs updating.

Last edited:
All the WDW room fridges are real fridges meant to keep perishables cold. You must have had a defective one at YC.

Thanks so much. It was a pretty clear glass one and in a renovated room. But it sure was a bummer to come back to cool not cold food. Rather than risk it we threw it out. I didn’t complain because I thought it wasn’t designed to really keep things cold. Glad to hear it was likely defective and we will be good to go at Poly. Thanks so much for the response.

I find they work if you leave the door to the cabinet open so air can circulate. If it is closed they warm up. And the maids tend to close them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter