Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked in today around 1pm! Lobby was crowded but not overwhelming. I had done online check-in so the process was pretty simple. I booked a standard view room and made a request through my travel agent for Fiji using the room number range of 3301-3310. Room was finally ready at 3pm and although I didn't get the third floor, I did get 1302. Nice view of the GF chapel. I sat on the lanai this evening after the fireworks and could easily hear the Spirit of Aloha finishing up. It end around 10:20pm.

The Poly is absolutely beautiful!!! :flower1:

Checked in today around 1pm! Lobby was crowded but not overwhelming. I had done online check-in so the process was pretty simple. I booked a standard view room and made a request through my travel agent for Fiji using the room number range of 3301-3310. Room was finally ready at 3pm and although I didn't get the third floor, I did get 1302. Nice view of the GF chapel. I sat on the lanai this evening after the fireworks and could easily hear the Spirit of Aloha finishing up. It end around 10:20pm.

Thanks for the live update :) Sorry you didnt get 3rd floor, but 1st is nice too.

We rented one today from 3 to 7 pm. There are 3 chairs, one sofa kind of deal and a super comfortable lounge chair. Lots of towels were laid out. It was a relaxing time. We have another one booked.
Last year we rented one full day and one half day. The full day was awesome. The half day only lasted one hour because of thunderstorms. :headache:We had to sit at the Oasis Grill as we watched all of our belongings at the patio. Even after it stopped raining, we couldn’t return because there was still a chance of storms. It was really disappointing because it was our last day.

Last year we rented one full day and one half day. The full day was awesome. The half day only lasted one hour because of thunderstorms. :headache:We had to sit at the Oasis Grill as we watched all of our belongings at the patio. Even after it stopped raining, we couldn’t return because there was still a chance of storms. It was really disappointing because it was our last day.

I was afraid that was going to happen to us because it rained from 2 until about 7 yesterday. Pools were closed. Nice evening though. I almost cancelled but we decided to chance it today. We were lucky.

Last edited:
We are staying in a deluxe studio villa. depending on the long house you are in does it make more sense to go to the TTC to take ferry boat to MK. or just take the regular boat. trying to avoid the monorail

We are in a studio in Tokelau. We have been walking over to the main POLY building to take monorail there as it’s a quick security check there before boarding the monorail. I like avoiding the long security lines at MK.

Wait....what? They do security checks when boarding the monorail and then you can bypass the security at the MK? If so...THATS AWESOME!!!!!!

Wait....what? They do security checks when boarding the monorail and then you can bypass the security at the MK? If so...THATS AWESOME!!!!!!

Yes, that’s correct. This was started approx April 2017 when they reconfigured MK security. Each MK resort has security before boarding the monorail.

It is GREAT for MK.

It’s not-so-great for Epcot as you end up going through security twice in your monorail travels (although will presumably be fixed with the major Epcot entrance work currently underway).

I think security checks are also done before boarding the boat to MK and at the Transportation and Ticket Center before boarding the monorail or the ferry.

ETA: Corrected by GADisneyDad14 that the security check for the launch from Poly to MK is done at the arrival dock after riding over to the MK.

Last edited:
Yes, that’s correct. This was started approx April 2017 when they reconfigured MK security. Each MK resort has security before boarding the monorail.

It is GREAT for MK.

It’s not-so-great for Epcot as you end up going through security twice in your monorail travels (although will presumably be fixed with the major Epcot entrance work currently underway).

So awesome! We usually walk to the TTC, when at the Poly, for Epcot. No sense in taking the monorail all the way around the loop to change tracks. But for MK, from Poly, it is amazing! Im excited :)

So awesome! We usually walk to the TTC, when at the Poly, for Epcot. No sense in taking the monorail all the way around the loop to change tracks. But for MK, from Poly, it is amazing! Im excited :)

Yeah, we usually walk to TTC too. Just a warning, you'll go through double security on the trek to Epcot that way too - once at the TTC, again at Epcot.

The current Poly to TTC path has a small detour towards the TTC side right now... lots of construction going on in the TTC front area. FYI.

But yeah, I've said around here before I think the new MK security setup of "pulling back" the stations to the resorts, TTC, MK bus depot has been among the most positive changes over the last few years, from a logistics/convenience perspective. You'll occasionally run into a situation where the Poly monorail security line snakes back into the Grand Ceremonial House (for example, after one of the Luau shows lets out), but more often than not things are usually pretty smooth sailing through that security check point.

I think security checks are done before boarding the boat to MK as well as at the Transportation and Ticket Center before boarding the monorail or the ferry.

I think we're saying the same thing, but just to clarify for those reading along:

Poly Resort Launch (the smaller boat that goes in a loop from Poly to MK to GF then back to Poly) - security check is at the MK boat dock.

MK Ferry at the TTC - security check is before entering the main TTC area.

BTW, I guess these have been mentioned but these beach chairs were new to me since last staying at Poly in Jan. After watching the original beach lounges slowly dwindle down to nothing over time, these are a welcome addition in my opinion! And quite popular for HEA viewing. :-)

Does anyone have any idea what time the water parade can be viewed from the Poly on a night when a Halloween or Christmas party is going on at the MK and the fireworks aren't until 10:15?

Just back from a week at my favorite Disney resort. :beach:

Poly is always such a fun place for our family to spend some time.

Glad you had another great Poly CL stay :).

Sorry you didn't get 3rd floor, but glad you are enjoying the patio. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We rented one today from 3 to 7 pm. There are 3 chairs, one sofa kind of deal and a super comfortable lounge chair. Lots of towels were laid out. It was a relaxing time. We have another one booked.

Hope you are having a great time and enjoying the Poly :cloud9:.

p.s. - I love your avatar....what a beautiful dog :).

Does anyone have any idea what time the water parade can be viewed from the Poly on a night when a Halloween or Christmas party is going on at the MK and the fireworks aren't until 10:15?

EWP does not change; still 8:50-8:55pm

Sorry, the exact time of EWP is subject to small changes over the course of the year as the time for HEA moves around. I just got back yesterday, it currently stops at Poly at 8:40pm and GF at 8:55pm. HEA is currently at 9:15pm through 8/1.

@Lindaleeann - HEA is scheduled at 9pm during much (but not all) of party season. I suspect EWP will probably be at 8:50pm party night or not based on past precedent, but just keep an eye out. Disney's website has notoriously bad EWP info, and sometimes on-site CMs are just as bad, so sometimes asking around here close to your trip can be helpful to see what has been going on at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter