Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my last solo trip and visit to Captain Cooks craving those thai coconut meatballs. Could eat those for every meal (and then walk off in the parks).
Do the coconut meatballs have a strong coconut flavor? I've heard such good things about this dish but I'm not crazy about coconut.
When we had the Twilight Feast last fall, the person delivering the meal set it up the little roll out table that slides underneath the desk when not in use. We took plates out to the balcony, but the table could easily be moved by the chair or sofa if that wasn’t an option.
I think this is how they set ours up, too. The picture may be a tad blurry but this is ONE Twilight Feast and would have been plenty for the two of us except they had all the hot items in one dish and due my allergy I skipped all of that.

Well, I’ll be back at the World next week on a solo jaunt but I’m staying at POFQ to save some cash and am really torn...I would love to visit the Poly, but I’m worried it’ll be too depressing without my better half. It really became “our place” during our stay last year. On the bright side we are booked there for a slightly longer blowout/early birthday trip next May.

Well, I’ll be back at the World next week on a solo jaunt but I’m staying at POFQ to save some cash and am really torn...I would love to visit the Poly, but I’m worried it’ll be too depressing without my better half. It really became “our place” during our stay last year. On the bright side we are booked there for a slightly longer blowout/early birthday trip next May.

Lol! I’m a Poly lover, but when I’m not staying there, I can’t visit. Just don’t like to - at all. I can’t take it!!

Because I’m pretty much always wishing I was really there. :-)

So, I stay away... and focus attention on other things/future trips.

Lol! I’m a Poly lover, but when I’m not staying there, I can’t visit. Just don’t like to - at all. I can’t take it!!

Because I’m pretty much always wishing I was really there. :-)

So, I stay away... and focus attention on other things/future trips.

This too. Wonder if I can close my eyes every time I see Seven Seas Lagoon from MK, lol! And it’ll be too weird getting Dole Whips somewhere besides Pineapple Lanai.

I plan on distracting myself at Disney Springs on this trip since I’ve never been there and the boat ride seems nice from POFQ. I really wish I could be staying at the Poly this time but it just wasn’t in the cards. I just keep telling myself we will be back home soon enough.

This too. Wonder if I can close my eyes every time I see Seven Seas Lagoon from MK, lol! And it’ll be too weird getting Dole Whips somewhere besides Pineapple Lanai.

I plan on distracting myself at Disney Springs on this trip since I’ve never been there and the boat ride seems nice from POFQ. I really wish I could be staying at the Poly this time but it just wasn’t in the cards. I just keep telling myself we will be back home soon enough.

We have stayed at POR many times and love it! I haven't stayed at Poly yet, so I cannot compare it, but I think you will love it too!

I just came back from a solo trip from POFQ and I loved it! The boat to Disney Springs is amazing, Epcot is right there. The lack of a sit-down restaurant didn't matter. Get on the boat and head to the Springs and all the goodness it has to offer!...and of course Mickey beignets.

So, I was just looking over the Touring Plans description of the Poly and the commuting times to parks...it has the time to Epcot about 38 minutes? I haven't stayed there if several years, so I can't remember, but I'm trying to get a handle on departure times in the morning - does that sound about right? We'd be walking to the TTC for the Epcot monorail and not taking the monorail from Poly/transfer...I'm sure the double security check adds some time! Thanks!
It doesnt take us that long. We are brisk walkers. Also watch for trams to pull up for security at TTC. Run if you have to to get there ahead of them.:rotfl:

I just came back from a solo trip from POFQ and I loved it! The boat to Disney Springs is amazing, Epcot is right there. The lack of a sit-down restaurant didn't matter. Get on the boat and head to the Springs and all the goodness it has to offer!...and of course Mickey beignets.
Port Orleans is great. Try and catch Yahaw Bob at Riverside. He's there wed -sat I believe. And that ride to Disney Springs! Lots of great food there. Oh, and for goodness sakes, eat lots of those beignets! Yum!

I was reading a thread recently about Trader Sam's and some posters were recommending to line up for a 4pm opening, but the website says it opens at 3pm - can anyone confirm that? Any recent reports of what it's like getting in at opening, presuming it's at 3pm, or around 4pm? I have a couple of nights that I can try it, but just wanted a ballpark. We'd rather go around 4pm, but not sure if that's tough given the earlier opening time...

It used to open at 4 PM but now it opens at 3 PM and closes at 12 PM. Guests under 21 are allowed until 8 PM. You might want to swing by between 2:30 and 3 to see if there is a line. It has room for 51 guests.

Dave
Thanks for the info.

Trader Sam’s in Disneyland is open 11:30am - 1:30am. We got in line at 11:00am, and when they opened, we were first to get a table. We had lunch and cocktails. It was awesome. We were planning on doing the same at TS in WDW next summer. I guess that’s not happening.

We have stayed at POR many times and love it! I haven't stayed at Poly yet, so I cannot compare it, but I think you will love it too!
Port Orleans is great. Try and catch Yahaw Bob at Riverside. He's there wed -sat I believe. And that ride to Disney Springs! Lots of great food there. Oh, and for goodness sakes, eat lots of those beignets! Yum!

Thank you! I have a couple of ADRs at DS, Homecomin for my arrival night dinner and Wine Bar George for lunch on my main Epcot day. Funny enough, me and the partner were supposed to eat at Homecomin for lunch on our last day of the big Poly stay last year, but ended up canceling to meet up for lunch with local friends who were eating at Kona that day...the same friends I will be eating with at Wine Bar George. I just hope they don’t try to drag me to Trader Sam’s afterwards or I might cry into a tiki mug!

Thank you! I have a couple of ADRs at DS, Homecomin for my arrival night dinner and Wine Bar George for lunch on my main Epcot day. Funny enough, me and the partner were supposed to eat at Homecomin for lunch on our last day of the big Poly stay last year, but ended up canceling to meet up for lunch with local friends who were eating at Kona that day...the same friends I will be eating with at Wine Bar George. I just hope they don’t try to drag me to Trader Sam’s afterwards or I might cry into a tiki mug!
Funny! We are eating at Homecomin’ And Wine Bar George on our next trip Aug/Sept too! It’ll be a first for us for both of those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter