• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh goodness. I've been wanting to stay here forever and we have rented DVC points for over Christmas. I thought eating at the hotel would not be as 'horrible' as in the parks, but now after reading comments about how crowded it always is, I'm quite worried. If you're staying in the hotel, when's the best times to go to Trader Sam's Grotto?
Depends, do you have kids or no kids? With kids, they can only go to a certain hour, so I'd go right when it opens. If you get there at 2:30 to put your name in, you'll almost certainly get a spot right at 3. With no kids, I'd go toward the end of the night so as not to interrupt park time during the day.

Oh goodness. I've been wanting to stay here forever and we have rented DVC points for over Christmas. I thought eating at the hotel would not be as 'horrible' as in the parks, but now after reading comments about how crowded it always is, I'm quite worried. If you're staying in the hotel, when's the best times to go to Trader Sam's Grotto?

I dont know about Trader Sams, the back corridor always looked crowded to me, with people waiting, especially Fri/Sat nights with the live outdoor entertainment.

As for Captain Cooks, the lines were made up of many guests in wet bathing suits! Perhaps some (not me because Im from the north) may think December is too cold to swim and would not be at the Poly pool at lunch time, going into Capt. Cooks for lunch ?? :) You might have better luck than me, who was there in August (and October a few trips)

Last edited:
I’ve heard Halloween mugs have been spotted at some resorts in the last few days...anyone know if they’re at Poly yet? Missed them last year so hoping we can snag some in 6 days. Thanks!!

I’ve heard Halloween mugs have been spotted at some resorts in the last few days...anyone know if they’re at Poly yet? Missed them last year so hoping we can snag some in 6 days. Thanks!!

Yes, they brought out the Halloween decor around 08/12 at the Poly. Cute selection. There was a store at DHS, forget the name, but going towards ToT, that had a TON of Halloween merchandise. Felt like 1/2 the store.

Yes, they brought out the Halloween decor around 08/12 at the Poly. Cute selection. There was a store at DHS, forget the name, but going towards ToT, that had a TON of Halloween merchandise. Felt like 1/2 the store.
Thank you for this, and good to know, as Disney Halloween decor is my biggest weakness! But was specifically wondering about the resort refillable mugs? Any sighting at Poly yet?

Thank you for this, and good to know, as Disney Halloween decor is my biggest weakness! But was specifically wondering about the resort refillable mugs? Any sighting at Poly yet?

Oh, refillable mugs! I didnt see them, but didnt pay attention after I got mine on 08/11, which was not Halloween themed.

Has anyone there now seen any SWGE info yet?

I am seeing reports of flyers in the rooms and sandwich boards in resort lobbies. Just checking if anyone has images of those things.

No September Activity calendar out this early. Don't expect to see it published until September 3rd or slightly later due to the holiday.

Dave
Seriously? We arrive on the 1st, so we won’t knke the schedule until halfway through our week?

I’m really anxious to know what the transportation situation is like with the EEMH. If anyone is headed down this weekend, please let me know. TIA

I’ll be at poly this weekend. PM me if need something, that will go to my email. That may make me see it sooner.

What a weekend! SWGE, mnsshp, Cruella’s Halloween Hideaway!

My dd24 is trying to wear ME OUT!

1st mama needs a POGmosa!

Of course dd found those at Epcot F&W and also a mimosa flight. :scratchin Mama may need to try that!

Just added a night at POLY on to the beginning of our January GDT trip since flights were better. Was going to surprise my husband but that idea lasted all of 5 mins. I then turned and asked “what’s your dream WDW hotel to stay at?” Thank god he responded with POLY, his eyes actually started to water. What have I done to him?!?

We are hoping to order the twilight feast but I’ve been seeing mixed prices online. Is anyone there now who can post a picture of the room service menu???

Does anyone know if poly offers yoga in the mornings?
I’m a couple pages behind so I don’t know if your post was answered or not. I think a lot of the deluxe resorts have yoga but it’s usually one day a week? My daughter is a certified instructor back home and she did the yoga at Boardwalk this past May. In chatting with the instructor she was told that she traveled to different resorts every morning.

Do I need a reservation or book anything in advance for the Ohana Room Service meal delivered to a Bungalow?
No but you do need to decide how many Adult portions to order based then number of people that will be sharing the feast. Also allow up to 1 hour from order to delivery depending on how busy Private Dining may be on any particular day.

Dave
We find that 1 order for 2 people to be adequate!
Just added a night at POLY on to the beginning of our January GDT trip since flights were better. Was going to surprise my husband but that idea lasted all of 5 mins. I then turned and asked “what’s your dream WDW hotel to stay at?” Thank god he responded with POLY, his eyes actually started to water. What have I done to him?!?

We are hoping to order the twilight feast but I’ve been seeing mixed prices online. Is anyone there now who can post a picture of the room service menu???
I believe it is $60 and you cannot use TiW for it. Still cheaper than going to Ohana where you cannot split 1 meal.

I’ll be at poly this weekend. PM me if need something, that will go to my email. That may make me see it sooner.

Of course dd found those at Epcot F&W and also a mimosa flight. :scratchin Mama may need to try that!

I will be at Poly this weekend as well arriving today. Also doing Cruella’s on Friday night MNSSHP on Friday and Monday...hoping weather will be ok at least for parties!

Will be there this weekend as well!! Which night are you doing the party? Fingers crossed for a dry weekend! LOL

Have a great time!! :jumping1:

Congrats on the extra night. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I will be at Poly this weekend as well arriving today. Also doing Cruella’s on Friday night MNSSHP on Friday and Monday...hoping weather will be ok at least for parties!

Have a great time! :dance3:

Will be there this weekend as well!! Which night are you doing the party? Fingers crossed for a dry weekend! LOL
assuming you are gone before monday morning, you will be fine.

For those of you who know Poly's lockdown procedures, anything you can pass along for someone checking in on monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter