Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the path to MK open early and is it well lit? I like to run and TTC-Poly-GF-MK would be a great route. I run either late or early...after 9pm or before 6am.

I used to do GF-poly-TTC and the path was well lit after 9pm. I was just afraid of stepping on a gator 🐊 of it was really dark. 😳😂

Not sure if this will directly answer your question, but here’s my early AM MK running experience from a few weeks ago: https://www.disboards.com/threads/running-the-new-gf-to-mk-walkway.3822058/

The GF side of the new path is very well lit. Once you cross the swing bridge on the MK side it is noticeably darker. Not too dark to be scary.... but the lights on that side are different/less bright compared to the new ones on the GF side of the path.

Happy to answer any questions.

Not sure if this will directly answer your question, but here’s my early AM MK running experience from a few weeks ago: https://www.disboards.com/threads/running-the-new-gf-to-mk-walkway.3822058/

The GF side of the new path is very well lit. Once you cross the swing bridge on the MK side it is noticeably darker. Not too dark to be scary.... but the lights on that side are different/less bright compared to the new ones on the GF side of the path.

Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks so much! That’s a great report and a perfect distance. Too bad they don’t open earlier than 6:30am. That may be too late for me if we want to get to the parks as they open

Do you know what time they close the gate? I’d hate to be at the MK and have the gates closed on me then I’d need to figure another way back.

And slightly lit is better than no lighting at all. I need to see where I’m going and what I’m stepping on.

I can’t wait to run it.

Will be staying at Poly DVC side in March. Rope dropping MK a couple of times. Is using the TTC Monorail to rope drop ill advised given expected crowd level/COVID measures at or around rope drop?
Happy to just take the boat or, if we’re feeling frisky, walk it.

Will be staying at Poly DVC side in March. Rope dropping MK a couple of times. Is using the TTC Monorail to rope drop ill advised given expected crowd level/COVID measures at or around rope drop?

I didn't see a boat running early enough for rope drop (>1 hr before posted park open). We did the monorail one day, and walked the other day. Walking put us much more toward the front of the pack. We were at the monorail station very early (like before anyone else) and were on the first monorail from the TTC. But many other people beat us there when we monorail (I guess busses). Only a few people walked, and we were second of the walkers in line, which put us as some of the first people into MK by walking.

Thanks so much! That’s a great report and a perfect distance. Too bad they don’t open earlier than 6:30am. That may be too late for me if we want to get to the parks as they open

Do you know what time they close the gate? I’d hate to be at the MK and have the gates closed on me then I’d need to figure another way back.

And slightly lit is better than no lighting at all. I need to see where I’m going and what I’m stepping on.

I can’t wait to run it.

I talked to one of the CMs who was opening/closing the gate one night for the EWP. I 'think' he told me they close it at park clear (which is usually a couple of hours after MK closes - that park is like a slow drain). Although I need to go look at my notes to make sure I'm remembering that correctly as I'm sitting here questioning if that is what he told me, but I think that's what he said (and makes sense for any late stragglers who want to walk back to GF or Poly). Would be curious to hear any real-world reports as well.

Last edited:
I didn't see a boat running early enough for rope drop (>1 hr before posted park open). We did the monorail one day, and walked the other day. Walking put us much more toward the front of the pack. We were at the monorail station very early (like before anyone else) and were on the first monorail from the TTC. But many other people beat us there when we monorail (I guess busses). Only a few people walked, and we were second of the walkers in line, which put us as some of the first people into MK by walking.
Were both the resort and the MK monorail running from the TTC that early? I thought I saw a post somewhere that the resort monorails started earlier.

In my opinion you don't want to mess with the TTC options (MK Ferry, Express Monorail, Resort Monorail) at rope drop. Too many variables - the incoming parking lot crowd, reports of them holding people there later than other options, etc. Any other time of day it's a non-issue, but I think the other options - bus, walking if you're up for it, or boat (started 1 hour before park opening when I was there over NYE weekend) are better options for getting there before others and give you an element of max control over your experience.

You can walk from the Contemporary Resort to the MK, right? Like if you have breakfast at Chef Mickey's and then walk to the MK. Is that do able for rope drop?

I was watching some videos of the temporary check-in area at Pago Pago and saw a couple of rooms directly off that area. Does anyone know if those are in regular rotation, absolute last resort, or held empty? It seems like they would be horrible with all the check-in noise going on.
Asking because I'm debating checking the "room ready early over requests" box, but not if that means it could be one of those rooms that opens into the check-in area.

I was watching some videos of the temporary check-in area at Pago Pago and saw a couple of rooms directly off that area. Does anyone know if those are in regular rotation, absolute last resort, or held empty? It seems like they would be horrible with all the check-in noise going on.
Asking because I'm debating checking the "room ready early over requests" box, but not if that means it could be one of those rooms that opens into the check-in area.

One of the rooms right there off the check in area is being used as a guest restroom.

There may be others being used for CM break area or other uses, but not sure about that.

I’m going to “assume” (key word) they aren’t putting people in those immediately adjacent rooms if they can help it, but don’t take that as gospel.

Personally I don’t like to mess with the check in early option at most resorts. I usually value my room requests greater than getting a room early. And especially at Poly.

One of the rooms right there off the check in area is being used as a guest restroom.

There may be others being used for CM break area or other uses, but not sure about that.

I’m going to “assume” (key word) they aren’t putting people in those immediately adjacent rooms if they can help it, but don’t take that as gospel.

Personally I don’t like to mess with the check in early option at most resorts. I usually value my room requests greater than getting a room early. And especially at Poly.

Good points! Thanks! I'll leave that unchecked.

Ugh... just saw this blurb on the Polynesian page on Disney's website....FYI!!!!

Kiki Tikis Splash Play Area will be closed while it undergoes refurbishment from February through March 2021. While Kiki Tikis is unavailable, Guests may enjoy the Lava feature pool and slide and the Oasis pool.

Ugh... just saw this blurb on the Polynesian page on Disney's website....FYI!!!!

Kiki Tikis Splash Play Area will be closed while it undergoes refurbishment from February through March 2021. While Kiki Tikis is unavailable, Guests may enjoy the Lava feature pool and slide and the Oasis pool.

Wow, another thing closed at the resort. My kids were looking forward to the splash area. We go in two weeks. Should we stay at the Poly or change to GF?

Wow, another thing closed at the resort. My kids were looking forward to the splash area. We go in two weeks. Should we stay at the Poly or change to GF?

My kids are in prime splash pad ages and it is one of the main reasons we stay at Poly - they just love it and it provides hours of entertainment.

While part of me thinks moving because of one closed pool amenity is a little extreme, if this were us, we'd be moving to GF.

My kids are in prime splash pad ages and it is one of the main reasons we stay at Poly - they just love it and it provides hours of entertainment.

While part of me thinks moving because of one closed pool amenity is a little extreme, if this were us, we'd be moving to GF.

My kids are too. It's not just because of the splash pad, but the entrance is under construction, Ohana is closed, Trader Sams and the Monorail. I'm torn because I like the look of the Poly more.

My kids are too. It's not just because of the splash pad, but the entrance is under construction, Ohana is closed, Trader Sams and the Monorail. I'm torn because I like the look of the Poly more.

Well I'm probably of no help. I'll always choose Poly over GF 'most' of the time - but we do like GF too and just had a great stay there in October. With most everything (other than a few restaurants) open, the walking path, and no construction around, GF is hard to beat right now (in my humble opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter