Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Request

I am looking for here now/just back reports on the pool shower situation (the showers in the bathroom below the volcano) and if they are still closed. Any recent feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

We just booked this morning to stay in January 2022!! So excited to see the new rooms, where are standard views located?
I booked 3 standard view as well. I guess standard view = old garden view? I assume they changed the name as some "garden view" rooms look at the parking lot?

Garden View rooms are in all longhouses except Somoa, the DVC longhouses (Tokelau, Pago Pago, Moorea) and the club level ones (Hawaii and Tonga). I recommend the Touring Plans Polynesian Room Finder. Don't think I can link it....

Standard is indeed what they used to call Garden View. But I would heavily caution against relying too much on TP’s room finder when it comes to room categories. It’s updated very infrequently and Disney is kind of notorious for shuffling rooms around and making new categories. As one example for the longest time they still had rooms in Samoa listed as Garden View well after Disney created the Pool view category and put most of those rooms in it (because people booked GV kept requesting them and they saw a money opportunity). They only fixed that recently.

Don’t get me wrong, it is useful, and you can be sure of the longhouses for the most part but don’t take it as gospel for specific rooms.

Saw a photo online this afternoon taken at the Polynesian Laval Pool. There were construction workers in the area w/ some temporary gates up. I seriously hope they are not closing the pool temporarily.

Saw a photo online this afternoon taken at the Polynesian Laval Pool. There were construction workers in the area w/ some temporary gates up. I seriously hope they are not closing the pool temporarily.
Probably the Kiki's Tikis refurb.

I assume they know there will be a tidal wave this summer of people wanting to get away ( like myself ) so I assume they will attempt to get as much done as quickly as possible

Still looks like so much work needs to be done!

Last edited:
Searched the thread, so apologies if this has been answered. I know that the Monorail is not currently running from Poly, but does the resort line still stop at TTC? Staying at Ploy at have dinner at Contemporary one night. Wasn’t sure if we had to take express from TTC to MK and transfer or walk from MK. Just trying to find the most direct way. Thanks!

Searched the thread, so apologies if this has been answered. I know that the Monorail is not currently running from Poly, but does the resort line still stop at TTC? Staying at Ploy at have dinner at Contemporary one night. Wasn’t sure if we had to take express from TTC to MK and transfer or walk from MK. Just trying to find the most direct way. Thanks!
Yes, you can still catch the monorail at TTC. Just make sure you are on resort monorail since both monorails stop there.

Both the Resort and Express lines are running from the TTC.

Since you said dinner, mind if I ask the time and MK closing time on your date? That may impact your transportation plans.

It's annoying trying to plan my next trip this summer. I currently am booked at a cheaper resort ( CC ) but love me some Poly and keep wanting to switch.

Does anyone else get annoyed knowing the experience is watered down right now, and missing tons of stuff, yet still want to stay at such an expensive place like poly?

Justifying the cost is the issue. I figure if there is anytime to want to spend a little less at Disney Resort, nows the time. Its just in your head you keep trying to say " its not the same right now there, its not the same right now there, don't stay at the super expensive resorts "

Both the Resort and Express lines are running from the TTC.

Since you said dinner, mind if I ask the time and MK closing time on your date? That may impact your transportation plans.

Thanks! We should be good then. Dinner is at 6:50pm and MK is open until 10pm that evening.

It's annoying trying to plan my next trip this summer. I currently am booked at a cheaper resort ( CC ) but love me some Poly and keep wanting to switch.

Does anyone else get annoyed knowing the experience is watered down right now, and missing tons of stuff, yet still want to stay at such an expensive place like poly?

Justifying the cost is the issue. I figure if there is anytime to want to spend a little less at Disney Resort, nows the time. Its just in your head you keep trying to say " its not the same right now there, its not the same right now there, don't stay at the super expensive resorts "
That would be tough for me. I love the Poly. Hands down my favorite resort. I also love Geyser Point. Hands down my favorite WDW lounge. I also think the pool at WL is so cool. It looks like a mountain stream flows into when you are in the pool. Tough decision but two very good outcomes on whichever one you choose.

I'm hooked so my perspective is messed up - but when I have a Poly itch, nothing else scratches it. There are times where there is nowhere else I'd rather be, even though there are plenty of other WDW resorts that we enjoy. Doesn't matter what is going on at the resort....construction, crowds, cost.... I can rationalize anything. We've had two great trips since reopening. Seeing the Poly that we'll know for the next 10 years come to life has a certain magic to it.

I know all of that sounds crazy, and maybe it is. But it's how I feel about the place, so I just roll with it.

I'm hooked so my perspective is messed up - but when I have a Poly itch, nothing else scratches it. There are times where there is nowhere else I'd rather be, even though there are plenty of other WDW resorts that we enjoy. Doesn't matter what is going on at the resort....construction, crowds, cost.... I can rationalize anything. We've had two great trips since reopening. Seeing the Poly that we'll know for the next 10 years come to life has a certain magic to it.

I know all of that sounds crazy, and maybe it is. But it's how I feel about the place, so I just roll with it.
There is something about the Poly. It is hard to stay away.

I had initially changed my resort (several times) away from the Poly for the trip I returned from a week ago because I was afraid it would mar my first time staying at my dream resort, but ultimately I checked out some recent videos and decided I could live with it and changed back. Other than a kinda lopsided mattress (felt like the pillow top was sliding off) - which could happen at any resort - I absolutely loved my stay.

I almost changed my birthday trip back to it, but there is that little part of me that is just afraid they would announce in like June that they are not opening on time - I arrive the day they are due to open - and I don’t want to be stuck with whatever is left at that point since it’s for my 50th birthday! So I am at the Riviera at this point. IF we were to get confirmation that the rooms will be opening on schedule (or even early) I very well might change back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter