Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast was ok. Loved being in the park early, being able to ride 7DMT before the rope drop crowd. If you're not a really big eater, I'd recommend the scrambled eggs and bacon kid's meal. I was fine with that, along with my danish. Yes, a small serving, but still 11.99 as opposed to the regular 19.99 meals which didn't impress DH or DS. DH had the open faced bacon and egg sandwich. The bread was rock hard! (It looked delicious though) And DS had the waffles (because of an allergy) and he only got 2 small waffles, Lego sized! He was 15, so that didn't go well. But then again, we thought it was worth it, but only for the early park experience. I'd do it again. But we'll all get the kids meals next time and not leave one danish on the plate! Lol
How was the 7DMT....I don't like thrill rides at all, but my daughter assures me that this is a kids ride and it is very tame?

Back from our 11 day trip. This was our first time staying at Poly and we LOVED every single second of it. We stayed DVC, in Pago Pago room 3124. Great room, nice view, enjoyed sitting on the balcony and feeling like we were in the tropics.

We enjoyed many great attractions around the resort including a visit to Trader Sam's, The Spirit of Aloha dinner show, lounging around the pool and hot tub and toured the Bungalows.

This has become our new favorite resort and we can't wait to stay there again!

How was the 7DMT....I don't like thrill rides at all, but my daughter assures me that this is a kids ride and it is very tame?
Your daughter is right, 7DMT is pretty tame, in fact I've read a lot of complaints that it's too tame and a bit of a disappointment! Our daughters and I love it though. The theming is wonderful. The cars will rock side to side, and you can make them swing more, which made my DH nauseous (my bad!), but that's about the worst of it.

Last edited:
.I don't like thrill rides at all, but my daughter assures me that this is a kids ride and it is very tame?

I dont like thrill rides either and 7DMT is okay for me. None of the drops are too big. One tip is sit in the front, it is a much tamer ride up front then in the back. The second time i rode it I was in the last car and I couldnt believe how much faster it was.

I haven't been on the DIS for ages, but been reading this thread for the past two days!
Your excitement got me wanting to book for the fourth of July and so I did!
NEVER have been during that time, has anyone been lucky to experience the fourth at the Poly?

What can we expect? Thanks :sunny:

I was there this year for the 4th! We ended up heading out to Epcot to watch their fireworks, because the resort was PACKED (and also we had already seen the MK July 4 fireworks on July 3). We were shocked at how many people that weren't paying to stay at Poly or didn't even have dinner reservations were there. If you're planning on being there to watch the fireworks on the 4th, I highly recommend getting a club level room for the night of the 4th so you have access to their roped off area on the beach. If not that, then getting a theme park view room so you can hopefully have a balcony to go out on to watch. The entire resort was swamped enough that even at 11am they were trying to scan everyone's magic bands to hand out wrist bands that you had to wear to be able to freely walk around the pool area. By 4pm, people were pouring in for dinner at 'Ohana and the luau and when we finished with our reservation at Kona we realized the beach was insanely busy, even the quieter/smaller beach by our room in the Fiji building. So we abandoned ship and headed to Epcot instead. They didn't really do a lot at the resort for the 4th beyond hand out red, white, and blue leis and had some patriotic games with prizes around the pools for kids. I think the bar had some special drinks, but I'm not old enough to drink so I can't tell you how they were! I think the cast members were a little overwhelmed with how many people were there, and they dropped the ball on making sure the guests at the Poly had proper access to the beach and amenities they were paying for.

All that being said? We loved things at Epcot on the 4th, and have a reservation to be back at the Poly for the fourth of July next year! This time we're booked in a bungalow the night of the 4th, and staying in a standard room from June 27 - July 3. It's a really fun time to visit, and we're excited to have a near unobstructed view of the fireworks on the 4th.

I haven't been on the DIS for ages, but been reading this thread for the past two days!
NEVER have been during that time, has anyone been lucky to experience the fourth at the Poly?

Very very very crowded!!! Tons of people go to the beach. But the fireworks are incredible (which is why everyone goes there.) Probably the biggest tip is remember they do the fireworks on the third and the fourth, so my guess would be the third would be a little less crowded.

Just got back from my stay at the poly. We had a wonderful time. I was kind of bummed about my room location though. I did a fax request with Touring Plans for third floor Fiji, but ended up with 2nd floor Rarotonga. Pretty much opposite my request. I asked if there were any rooms anywhere with a balcony or patio and luckily I got 1st floor Tuvalu. No view at all, but at least my husband and I were able to sip on a cocktail everyday outside while our 2 littles ones napped.

I was there this year for the 4th! We ended up heading out to Epcot to watch their fireworks, because the resort was PACKED (and also we had already seen the MK July 4 fireworks on July 3). We were shocked at how many people that weren't paying to stay at Poly or didn't even have dinner reservations were there. If you're planning on being there to watch the fireworks on the 4th, I highly recommend getting a club level room for the night of the 4th so you have access to their roped off area on the beach. If not that, then getting a theme park view room so you can hopefully have a balcony to go out on to watch. The entire resort was swamped enough that even at 11am they were trying to scan everyone's magic bands to hand out wrist bands that you had to wear to be able to freely walk around the pool area. By 4pm, people were pouring in for dinner at 'Ohana and the luau and when we finished with our reservation at Kona we realized the beach was insanely busy, even the quieter/smaller beach by our room in the Fiji building. So we abandoned ship and headed to Epcot instead. They didn't really do a lot at the resort for the 4th beyond hand out red, white, and blue leis and had some patriotic games with prizes around the pools for kids. I think the bar had some special drinks, but I'm not old enough to drink so I can't tell you how they were! I think the cast members were a little overwhelmed with how many people were there, and they dropped the ball on making sure the guests at the Poly had proper access to the beach and amenities they were paying for.

All that being said? We loved things at Epcot on the 4th, and have a reservation to be back at the Poly for the fourth of July next year! This time we're booked in a bungalow the night of the 4th, and staying in a standard room from June 27 - July 3. It's a really fun time to visit, and we're excited to have a near unobstructed view of the fireworks on the 4th.
Wow, enjoy the bungalow!! :)

I dont like thrill rides either and 7DMT is okay for me. None of the drops are too big. One tip is sit in the front, it is a much tamer ride up front then in the back. The second time i rode it I was in the last car and I couldnt believe how much faster it was.
I always ask for the back, lol.. Way to tame. We sat in front for one ride, and it was nice for pic taking.

As far as wildness goes, it's pretty tame. It's also very smooth for a roller coaster. There are no huge falls, but lots of nice turns. I like it even though it's not wild enough for my liking ;) You'll be absolutely fine :littleangel:

I always ask for the back, lol.. Way to tame. We sat in front for one ride, and it was nice for pic taking.

We ask for the back too. The one time I rode that we were in the front, we spoke to a CM about how disappointed we were. She asked if we wanted to ride again. Of course, we chose the back, and now we'll always request that spot. It's the best if you like the most thrill.

Going for the first time in April! First time in a studio with DH and 2 kids. We always get a 1 BR when the 4 of us go, but wanted to try Poly and that's not an option. Fine by me! With the pull out sofa and tuck away bed we should be set!

We got a standard view DVC studio (lake view only available for part of trip, but I may waitlist it). My issue is where to request. I was thinking Tokelau but then I heard about pool construction.

Any opinions? Would like to be close to lobby if possible! I know it's 6 months away (& we just got back from AKL on Saturday) but I'm so excited already!!!!!!

First I have to say this is such a great thread! I just finished all 189 pages after about a week of reading. My wife and I are doing our first Poly Stay in 30 days (booked a deal last minute and got a great rate) so we will be there Nov. 27-30. We are excited about seeing the Osborne Lights and we are doing the Christmas Party on the night of the 29th. This is our first monorail resort and we are ecstatic. Not even the construction is going to get us down! We've requested a 3rd floor king bed in Figi, and I'm going to have touring plans send the fax for me.

We have reservations at 'Ohana for 7:20 the night we arrive but we are contemplating canceling it and ordering one adult and one kids meal through room service. Does all of the same food come with the kid's meal? I feel like for my wife and I it will be the perfect amount. Would anyone recommend one over the other since we have the reservation? MK is open until 1AM so we want to go over there once we are done with dinner and I know 'Ohana is notorious for running behind schedule. This is why part of us wants to order the room service earlier.

We don't use the pool much (if at all) but so many people love the pool here we may have to go check it out. Magic bands should ship tomorrow or the next day. We are just so excited and I know we won't see/do all the Poly has to offer in just three days but we are going to try!!

We took the plunge and booked club level (thanks Disney upc offer!!) Going very end of April and finally decided we don't care about any lingering construction on the quiet pool. Today is ADR day and I'm relaxing, sipping coffee while our wonderful TA takes care of it. This is the first year we're going without 'free dining' and it's odd not trying to book a tons of TS meals. Since we're doing CL we are only doing one or two TS meals (Le Cellier for my parents one night since they had a fabulous meal there last time and Ohana for breakfast on our pool day). Debating the Spirit of Aloha show, but I'm afraid it might be too long and loud for my 3 year old. So excited!!!

Going for the first time in April! First time in a studio with DH and 2 kids. We always get a 1 BR when the 4 of us go, but wanted to try Poly and that's not an option. Fine by me! With the pull out sofa and tuck away bed we should be set!

We got a standard view DVC studio (lake view only available for part of trip, but I may waitlist it). My issue is where to request. I was thinking Tokelau but then I heard about pool construction.

Any opinions? Would like to be close to lobby if possible! I know it's 6 months away (& we just got back from AKL on Saturday) but I'm so excited already!!!!!!

Loved our Moorea GV room. Honestly, the distance between Moorea and Tokelau is so minimal you'll never notice the difference walking to the GCH.

We have reservations at 'Ohana for 7:20 the night we arrive but we are contemplating canceling it and ordering one adult and one kids meal through room service. Does all of the same food come with the kid's meal? I feel like for my wife and I it will be the perfect amount. Would anyone recommend one over the other since we have the reservation? MK is open until 1AM so we want to go over there once we are done with dinner and I know 'Ohana is notorious for running behind schedule. This is why part of us wants to order the room service earlier.

My husband and I ordered the ohana room service for 1 adult when we were there in early October, and had a lot leftover. It's more than enough to feed two adults. We really enjoyed doing it this way vs going to the restaurant - there's definitely something to be said about relaxing on your balcony while you eat rather than being crammed in to a noisy restaurant, especially when you don't have kids with you. :) I think it took about 1 hour from calling room service to having food delivered, so just be sure to keep that in mind if you end up doing it.

Hi,

We just returned from a fabulous stay at the Poly. Club level, park view. We had a third-floor room in Hawaii with unobstructed views.

The Wishes music was not piped in on the beach. A cast member was kind of vague about why not, when I asked him. It was piped in to the club lounge.

One night we did watch fireworks from the beach. Even without the audio, it was fabulous. There were a number of families out. My girls ran o the beach with glow sticks with a bunch of other kids before the show started. Fun!

Glad you had a great stay! We love the Poly and are looking forward to trying CL next summer, especially after reading so many great CL reviews :goodvibes.

Back from our 11 day trip. This was our first time staying at Poly and we LOVED every single second of it. We stayed DVC, in Pago Pago room 3124. Great room, nice view, enjoyed sitting on the balcony and feeling like we were in the tropics.

We enjoyed many great attractions around the resort including a visit to Trader Sam's, The Spirit of Aloha dinner show, lounging around the pool and hot tub and toured the Bungalows.

This has become our new favorite resort and we can't wait to stay there again!

Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed your stay! We have stayed at several resorts and while we've loved all of them, the Poly is still our favorite :).

Just got back from my stay at the poly. We had a wonderful time. I was kind of bummed about my room location though. I did a fax request with Touring Plans for third floor Fiji, but ended up with 2nd floor Rarotonga. Pretty much opposite my request. I asked if there were any rooms anywhere with a balcony or patio and luckily I got 1st floor Tuvalu. No view at all, but at least my husband and I were able to sip on a cocktail everyday outside while our 2 littles ones napped.

I'm sorry you didn't get close to what you requested, but glad you had a good time :wizard:.

I definitely am going to! My grandparents are dvc owners and are giving me and my sister one night in the bungalow as our birthday gifts since we both have birthdays in July.

What a great birthday gift :thumbsup2.

You will LOVE the Poly! Happy planning....April will be here before you know it ::yes::.

First I have to say this is such a great thread! I just finished all 189 pages after about a week of reading. My wife and I are doing our first Poly Stay in 30 days (booked a deal last minute and got a great rate) so we will be there Nov. 27-30. We are excited about seeing the Osborne Lights and we are doing the Christmas Party on the night of the 29th. This is our first monorail resort and we are ecstatic. Not even the construction is going to get us down! We've requested a 3rd floor king bed in Figi, and I'm going to have touring plans send the fax for me.

We don't use the pool much (if at all) but so many people love the pool here we may have to go check it out. Magic bands should ship tomorrow or the next day. We are just so excited and I know we won't see/do all the Poly has to offer in just three days but we are going to try!!

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :).

Disney at Christmas time is amazing and the party is a lot of fun.....enjoy :santa:.

We took the plunge and booked club level (thanks Disney upc offer!!) Going very end of April and finally decided we don't care about any lingering construction on the quiet pool. Today is ADR day and I'm relaxing, sipping coffee while our wonderful TA takes care of it. This is the first year we're going without 'free dining' and it's odd not trying to book a tons of TS meals. Since we're doing CL we are only doing one or two TS meals (Le Cellier for my parents one night since they had a fabulous meal there last time and Ohana for breakfast on our pool day). Debating the Spirit of Aloha show, but I'm afraid it might be too long and loud for my 3 year old. So excited!!!

Congrats on booking with a good discount :thumbsup2. Hope your TA gets all of your ADRs.

My husband and I ordered the ohana room service for 1 adult when we were there in early October, and had a lot leftover. It's more than enough to feed two adults. We really enjoyed doing it this way vs going to the restaurant - there's definitely something to be said about relaxing on your balcony while you eat rather than being crammed in to a noisy restaurant, especially when you don't have kids with you. :) I think it took about 1 hour from calling room service to having food delivered, so just be sure to keep that in mind if you end up doing it.

Reports like this is making me consider doing Ohana room service on our Poly stay next August, sounds like it would be a nice relaxing dinner :goodvibes.

One week exactly until we check in. I can't wait. Hoping this experience is better than the last time we tried Poly.

CROWDED AND HOT!!!:crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter